Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Superman wins at the Eisners

The 2021 Eisner Award ceremony is finished, and here's the full list of winners: https://www.comicsbeat.com/comicconh...award-winners/

The two Superman-related works that were nominated won all their categories: Superman Smashes the Klan for Best Publication for Kids and Best Adaptation from Another Medium; Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen for Best Limited Series and Best Humor Publication.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Good to hear

Hell yeah, congrats to both Yang and Fraction both put out two all times classics!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    The 2021 Eisner Award ceremony is finished, and here's the full list of winners: https://www.comicsbeat.com/comicconh...award-winners/

The two Superman-related works that were nominated won all their categories: Superman Smashes the Klan for Best Publication for Kids and Best Adaptation from Another Medium; Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen for Best Limited Series and Best Humor Publication.
    Both those wins are well-deserved.

Nice, so the Jimmy book is a good one? I'll pick it up soon, I just got the trade of Venditti's Man of Tomorrow.

Is Lois Lane's book by Rucka good?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Nice, so the Jimmy book is a good one? I'll pick it up soon, I just got the trade of Venditti's Man of Tomorrow.

Jimmy's book is as close to "All Star Jimmy Olsen" as anything could possibly be.

Rucka's Lois Lane starts out pretty great but eventually she gets sidelined in her own book in favour of the Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

Fraction Jimmy is one of the best comics I’ve read, not just Superman or superhero. It’s hilarious and was a much needed boost in spirit for me.

Lois… not so much. It’s ok but it basically shifts focus to Renee and Rucka’s favorites over prioritizing Lois. I think the reason why is originally the two series were supposed to be ongoing and then later they were downgraded to minis. Fraction adapted fine but Rucka didn’t.

I recommend Dial H for Heroes or Wonder Twins if you haven’t read those and want more Superman adjacent content. Dial H is the best Multiversity sequel we will ever get.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Jimmy's book is as close to "All Star Jimmy Olsen" as anything could possibly be.

Rucka's Lois Lane starts out pretty great but eventually she gets sidelined in her own book in favour of the Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fraction Jimmy is one of the best comics I’ve read, not just Superman or superhero. It’s hilarious and was a much needed boost in spirit for me.

Lois… not so much. It’s ok but it basically shifts focus to Renee and Rucka’s favorites over prioritizing Lois. I think the reason why is originally the two series were supposed to be ongoing and then later they were downgraded to minis. Fraction adapted fine but Rucka didn’t.

I recommend Dial H for Heroes or Wonder Twins if you haven’t read those and want more Superman adjacent content. Dial H is the best Multiversity sequel we will ever get.
    Cool, I'll grab SMPJO next time I'm at my LCS, shame about Lois' book.

I've been interested in DHfH for a while, but I think I'll have to order that one online. Speaking of Multiversity, I mentioned that book in a long list of recommendations to my roommate, he bought it recently and I'm looking forward to seeing what he thinks of it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

With that Superman Smashes The Klan achieves the triple crown:

Harvey Award

Mike Wieringo Spirit Award

Eisner Award
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Congrats to both fraction and yang the art team as well

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Very well-deserved. Awesome to see them get recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    With that Superman Smashes The Klan achieves the triple crown:

Harvey Award

Mike Wieringo Spirit Award

Eisner Award
    Christ they need to hold on to Yang, Marvel is already trying to swipe him with that Shang-Chi ongoing. Give him a Black Label Superman book! Guess I’ll keep hoping he’s writing that Robin & Batman book that’s coming even though it means the Batverse would be swiping him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Christ they need to hold on to Yang, Marvel is already trying to swipe him with that Shang-Chi ongoing. Give him a Black Label Superman book! Guess I’ll keep hoping he’s writing that Robin & Batman book that’s coming even though it means the Batverse would be swiping him.
    They would be dumb to let him go to Gotham. Not because he'd do a bad job, but because he genuinely loves Superman and wants to write him while also bringing accolades to the line.

Absolutely give him a limited series and let him run wild with it. More than anything, they need people like Yang to help Clark's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They would be dumb to let him go to Gotham. Not because he'd do a bad job, but because he genuinely loves Superman and wants to write him while also bringing accolades to the line.

Absolutely give him a limited series and let him run wild with it. More than anything, they need people like Yang to help Clark's position.
    Didn't they make Jorge Jimenez, another creator who genuinely loves Superman, go to Gotham?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Fantastic news, and two works that absolutely deserve the accolades.

Smash is a book we're gonna be talking about for decades, right next to Whatever Happened...? and For the Man Who Has Everything and all the other classic "must read" recommendations. And Jimmy....well I decided to trade wait that one; the first issue was good enough to make me want it in a more....permanent....format, that could find a home on my bookshelf. But that first issue was one of the best gods damned things I've read in ages.

Congrats to Yang, Fraction, the art teams, and everyone else involved. Well deserved!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.