Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Superman Smashes the Klan for Best Publication for Kids and Best Adaptation from Another Medium
    More than richly deserved!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They would be dumb to let him go to Gotham. Not because he'd do a bad job, but because he genuinely loves Superman and wants to write him while also bringing accolades to the line.

Absolutely give him a limited series and let him run wild with it. More than anything, they need people like Yang to help Clark's position.
    I’d hate to lose Yang, but I also want him to get some more acclaim and focus, and sadly only working on the Batbooks seems to get you that at DC these days. If he were to go over there for a little bit, maybe he’s writing that Robin and Batman series that’s coming, he’d probably be able to build up his fanbase and then come back for Superman as more of a “name”. But hey they seem to be creating new Superman projects willy-nilly at WB, and Yang is definitely owed a Black Label Superman series. I’d love to see him get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Didn't they make Jorge Jimenez, another creator who genuinely loves Superman, go to Gotham?
    I don’t think they “made” him per say, Jimenez loves Batman too after all, and working on the main Batman book is a sure fire way to cement yourself as a top artist. That said Jimenez will totally find his way back to the Superman books at some point, don’t know which Superman he’d end up drawing though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Absolutely give him a limited series and let him run wild with it. More than anything, they need people like Yang to help Clark's position.
    Yes, this very much. I love Superman, I love Clark, but sadly right now the most positive portrayal of him to the masses is on a fairly small potatoes network most people don't watch. And where he plays "the dad". That's not enough to make up for all the poorer portrayals or divisive portrayals or villainous portrayals or...
    Point is he needs some good quality content, whether in book, tv, film, game, whatever. And on the book front Yang's proven he's got the chops by already writing one of the best Superman stories, and one of the best comic books, to date already. If he's got any more Superman stories in him, let him write them please.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    But hey they seem to be creating new Superman projects willy-nilly at WB, and Yang is definitely owed a Black Label Superman series. I’d love to see him get one.
    Not necessarily Black Label - that seems to be for the more adult/mature stories (mostly), no clue if Yang would be interested in that or to stick with something emotionally mature but still more accessible to all ages like Smashes the Klan is. But agreed, Yang is kind of owed some sort of prestige mini or something to do what he wants.

I think in these discussions we often ignore... creative teams. Maybe Yang doesn't have time or a solid idea at the moment for another Superman book? Maybe he also wants to write some Batman or other characters as well.

Astonishing Member

Stories based around those so called "out of date" Golden Age and Silver Age concepts working out in 2021. Well would you look at that.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    The 2021 Eisner Award ceremony is finished, and here's the full list of winners: https://www.comicsbeat.com/comicconh...award-winners/

The two Superman-related works that were nominated won all their categories: Superman Smashes the Klan for Best Publication for Kids and Best Adaptation from Another Medium; Superman’s Pal, Jimmy Olsen for Best Limited Series and Best Humor Publication.
    No mention of the creatives who ACTUAL won. Classy.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't begrudge Jorge Jiminez for doing Batman. The money he makes from doing Batman is much higher than anything he could make on Superman, particularly when you take royalties into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think in these discussions we often ignore... creative teams. Maybe Yang doesn't have time or a solid idea at the moment for another Superman book? Maybe he also wants to write some Batman or other characters as well.
    He talked about having all these ideas for classic Superman Rogues in one of his books that touches on his life including his decision to move from teaching to comics (I believe it was Dragon Hoops?) that he never got to do because DC mandated the New 52 Truth storyline. I gotta believe he’s got ideas he could execute on if asked, but I’m sure he would love to write Batman (although he says he likes Robin more).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He talked about having all these ideas for classic Superman Rogues in one of his books that touches on his life including his decision to move from teaching to comics (I believe it was Dragon Hoops?) that he never got to do because DC mandated the New 52 Truth storyline.
    That's just sad.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

He talked about having all these ideas for classic Superman Rogues in one of his books that touches on his life including his decision to move from teaching to comics (I believe it was Dragon Hoops?) that he never got to do because DC mandated the New 52 Truth storyline. I gotta believe he’s got ideas he could execute on if asked, but I’m sure he would love to write Batman (although he says he likes Robin more).
    Shoot, I can see why. His Robin is absolute gold. I'd like to see him write Robin and Jimmy stories in the wacky adventure vein of the Fraction book.

Christ they need to hold on to Yang, Marvel is already trying to swipe him with that Shang-Chi ongoing. Give him a Black Label Superman book! Guess I’ll keep hoping he’s writing that Robin & Batman book that’s coming even though it means the Batverse would be swiping him.
    Didn't he also have some things planned for Monkey King here at DC? I feel like his recent Keenan story also at least kept that window open... Losing him would be a total bummer indeed.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 07-26-2021 at 06:16 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I’d hate to lose Yang, but I also want him to get some more acclaim and focus, and sadly only working on the Batbooks seems to get you that at DC these days. If he were to go over there for a little bit, maybe he’s writing that Robin and Batman series that’s coming, he’d probably be able to build up his fanbase and then come back for Superman as more of a “name”. But hey they seem to be creating new Superman projects willy-nilly at WB, and Yang is definitely owed a Black Label Superman series. I’d love to see him get one.

I don’t think they “made” him per say, Jimenez loves Batman too after all, and working on the main Batman book is a sure fire way to cement yourself as a top artist. That said Jimenez will totally find his way back to the Superman books at some point, don’t know which Superman he’d end up drawing though.
    Yeah, maybe made is too strong, but I love his stuff and I'd love to see him back at it with Superman - either Clark or Jon would be fine.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.