View Poll Results: Has Diana's contribution to Superman/Wonder Woman so far been...

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excessive - She's taken over the whole book and Superman rarely gets any focus.

0 0%
  • Just right - There's been a fair balance between the two characters in terms of story and action.

9 36.00%
  • Lacking - She feels like a supporting character/guest star in a Superman book.

16 64.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    To me it constantly feels like it's Wonder Woman living in Superman's world, which disappoints me as I didn't pick up this title for Superman. No, I don't feel like she gets enough attention and especially not now in the doomed crossover, but even before everything seemed to revolve around Superman, Wonder Woman spends her day thinking about Superman, talks the only Amazonian left about...getting the perfect gift for Superman, visits Themyscira surrounded by her snake sisters and talks to her -now clay- mother about...Superman.]

I mean, not to say she SHOULDN'T think about Superman, she is his girlfriend, it's only natural but she can have other thoughts! Inversely, it seems like Superman hardly ever thinks about Wonder Woman when he's not with her, so yeah seems like all of Superman's problems revolves around his world and his life while all of Wonder Woman's problems revolve around Superman and how to be a good girlfriend to Superman.

Maybe if you count all her panel time and stuff it'll show she had she had just as much time in the comic as Superman, IDK, but how much of it was ACTUALLY about her?
    everything has a limit no? she is not a superman fangirl to only think about him the way this girl crushes on the hot guy http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23220
    that's the problem when writers do women in relationship, suddenly her world is all about her boyfriend

To me it constantly feels like it's Wonder Woman living in Superman's world, which disappoints me as I didn't pick up this title for Superman. No, I don't feel like she gets enough attention and especially not now in the doomed crossover, but even before everything seemed to revolve around Superman, Wonder Woman spends her day thinking about Superman, talks the only Amazonian left about...getting the perfect gift for Superman, visits Themyscira surrounded by her snake sisters and talks to her -now clay- mother about...Superman.

I mean, not to say she SHOULDN'T think about Superman, she is his girlfriend, it's only natural but she can have other thoughts! Inversely, it seems like Superman hardly ever thinks about Wonder Woman when he's not with her, so yeah seems like all of Superman's problems revolves around his world and his life while all of Wonder Woman's problems revolve around Superman and how to be a good girlfriend to Superman.

Maybe if you count all her panel time and stuff it'll show she had she had just as much time in the comic as Superman, IDK, but how much of it was ACTUALLY about her?
    In a certain sense that's why I would have liked a wonder woman's centered arc after the first one... one in which Diana would have had many other things to think about, and it would have been Clark's time to think about their relationship.
    Anyway, Clark's confession in issue 6 and what he said to Diana in issue 8 while under the virus's influence balanced the things a bit for me, even if not completely.

Anyway...maybe it's me...I haven't read much the Superman's books, but does Clark have someone to talk with about his relationship with Wonder Woman?

Batman doesn't seem to me the right man xD They actually talked a bit, but he was clear from the beginning he didn't approve of their relationship, so I don't know how much Clark would like to talk with him about that.
    With Lana it would seem a bit too weird to me.
    Steel maybe? I don't know how much close Clark is to him, since I have read about him only in this crossover.
    That I know the other folks he knows and to whom he is close don't know about him being Superman, so he couldn't really talk about everything with them.

Hessia on the other hand took that role with Diana. Even if she wasn't in the book, though, Zola could have taken that role without any problems.

Anyway...I'd really like to see characters like Zola and Hera in the SMWW book. Would have liked Lennox too...
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Wonder Woman X Superman Diana X Kal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I feel like in the beginning it was a good match of both characters but recently since the whole "Superdoom" story has taken over the title it has been more about superman and less about superman/wonder woman but I feel like once this story is over it will get back to being about the both of them.
    This, and I'm certain the next arc will be a Wonder Woman arc.
    Wonder Woman <3

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    In a certain sense that's why I would have liked a wonder woman's centered arc after the first one... one in which Diana would have had many other things to think about, and it would have been Clark's time to think about their relationship.
    Anyway, Clark's confession in issue 6 and what he said to Diana in issue 8 while under the virus's influence balanced the things a bit for me, even if not completely.

Anyway...maybe it's me...I haven't read much the Superman's books, but does Clark have someone to talk with about his relationship with Wonder Woman?

Batman doesn't seem to me the right man xD They actually talked a bit, but he was clear from the beginning he didn't approve of their relationship, so I don't know how much Clark would like to talk with him about that.
    With Lana it would seem a bit too weird to me.
    Steel maybe? I don't know how much close Clark is to him, since I have read about him only in this crossover.
    That I know the other folks he knows and to whom he is close don't know about him being Superman, so he couldn't really talk about everything with them.

Hessia on the other hand took that role with Diana. Even if she wasn't in the book, though, Zola could have taken that role without any problems.

Anyway...I'd really like to see characters like Zola and Hera in the SMWW book. Would have liked Lennox too...
    I don't read any Superman books either but I'm sure Charles could have found a way, I mean Wonder Woman's confidante was someone completely new (Nevermind that she also had Hera, Zola, Hermes and Lennox to talk too) I'm sure Charles could have found someone for Superman, or made a character up like Wonder Woman, IDK everything just felt very...lop-sided =/

I was also trying to reserve TOTAL judgement of his treatment until we got a Wonder Woman arc, but it's too late for that now, I guess~ I still think that she could've felt less like a supporting character in a Superman centric arc but eh

I think Wonder woman was always up front in the title before doom started (but thats to be expected since doomed is a superman story line) so i will be glad to get back to that balance of both being able to shine.

BANNED

I don't read any Superman books either but I'm sure Charles could have found a way, I mean Wonder Woman's confidante was someone completely new (Nevermind that she also had Hera, Zola, Hermes and Lennox to talk too) I'm sure Charles could have found someone for Superman, or made a character up like Wonder Woman, IDK everything just felt very...lop-sided =/

I was also trying to reserve TOTAL judgement of his treatment until we got a Wonder Woman arc, but it's too late for that now, I guess~ I still think that she could've felt less like a supporting character in a Superman centric arc but eh
    it's that cliche, girls always talk about boys and relationship when together. guys rarely do it. so the writer went o easy way and gave WW a woman to have the chick talk. so he used batman to have the bro talk

In regards to the first arc, Wonder Woman's role was fine. In fact I still say she came off looking cooler than Superman did in that first arc. So when its been their own, self-contained adventure thus far, she's been fine. Its just her villains that need play.

Doomed itself is another story since its a Superman crossover. In of itself this story crossing over into SM/WW might not have been bad, in fact at first it wasn't bad at all, but they grew the cast of characters so large, that by the middle and final chapters it got in Wonder Woman's way. Hell it even got in Superman's way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-25-2014 at 04:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In regards to the first arc, Wonder Woman's role was fine. In fact I still say she came off looking cooler than Superman did in that first arc. So when its been their own, self-contained adventure thus far, she's been fine. Its just her villains that need play.

Doomed itself is another story since its a Superman crossover. In of itself this story crossing over into SM/WW might not have been bad, in fact at first it wasn't bad at all, but they grew the cast of characters so large, that by the middle and final chapters it got in Wonder Woman's way.
    agreed 10 chars

At first it was pretty balanced ... Sure they focused on SM villains, but those villains are more popular so I was fine with it... And they peppered in bits of Diana's rogues. Since Doomed took over it's been a sideshow act for Diana ... She gets screen time (most of the time), but she's clearly not the co-star. But it's a major (if crap) crossover so that's to be expected to some degree.