Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Vin Diesel and The Rock beef

I'm not sure why there is or should be a feud between these two actors or why VD pushed him out of future sequels. Look, you're both part of a franchise that makes a ton of money so why not be good teammates? Why did VD feel threatened by Dwayne? He's successful himself. Not only does he have the F&F franchise, he's also in the MCU and he's got XXX stuff as well. The Rock is wildly popular with family movies, he's playing Shazam and in the upcoming Jungle Cruise. It's very strange to me this feud.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm not sure why there is or should be a feud between these two actors or why VD pushed him out of future sequels. Look, you're both part of a franchise that makes a ton of money so why not be good teammates? Why did VD feel threatened by Dwayne? He's successful himself. Not only does he have the F&F franchise, he's also in the MCU and he's got XXX stuff as well. The Rock is wildly popular with family movies, he's playing Shazam and in the upcoming Jungle Cruise. It's very strange to me this feud.
    I like Vin but I can see him feeling threatened by a guy like the Rock. In rl Dwayne could probably put him down in less than a minute lol. They really don't need each other to succeed but they are stronger together.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its because the fact the Rock is the bigger star. Diesel at this stage , all he has is the Fast & Furious films. He plays a voice character role in Marvel film universe. But the Rock is a big time live action actor. He's in more and there is a professional jealousy situation here. Its clear the final 2 films should have Johnson finish out Hobbs in the series.

This to me started because Johnson got a big spin-off film role of the series. Which pissed off Diesel and that other actor. Saying how terrible it was etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Diesel is mad that the Rock got a spin off film in his franchise and had no role to play in it. Diesel doesn't have any other franchise going for him. The newest Riddick and XXX movies bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Diesel is mad that the Rock got a spin off film in his franchise and had no role to play in it. Diesel doesn't have any other franchise going for him. The newest Riddick and XXX movies bombed.
    I'll give you Riddick, but xXx3 was actually a hit and made more than the other two before it. What's holding up xXx4 is a lawsuit. Screenrant is so far the only site I've found that explains it plainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'll give you Riddick, but xXx3 was actually a hit and made more than the other two before it. What's holding up xXx4 is a lawsuit. Screenrant is so far the only site I've found that explains it plainly.
    Riddick was a hit too not a huge hit but in did about 100 million.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Diesel may want to rest his behind. The Rock is loved by many, even if he is not really taken seriously as an Oscar worthy talent actor. Some even think The Rock can be president of the USA. The Rock has eclipsed Diesel and Diesel does not seem to be taking it well. The beef may be on, but the Rock is the one getting all the food meat.

Rock turned his back on family. You don't forget family, even if family forgets you.

Salud, mi familia.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    As much as guys criticize VD, I think Johnson and even Statham aren’t acting with maturity.

These guys that have stuff in their contracts that stipulates that they can’t get beat up too much. And stipulates how many punches they can throw and receive.

These guys are petty.

Going into projects with that kind of mindset will always lead to some friction. It essentially comes down to a dick measuring contest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As much as guys criticize VD, I think Johnson and even Statham aren’t acting with maturity.

These guys that have stuff in their contracts that stipulates that they can’t get beat up too much. And stipulates how many punches they can throw and receive.

These guys are petty.

Going into projects with that kind of mindset will always lead to some friction. It essentially comes down to a dick measuring contest.
    Yeah, this. They're all jerks in this, to one degree or another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't see things as them been jerks. I feel it is more just about them having big Egos but Vin Disesel seems to lack charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

These guys are petty.

Maybe it doesn't make for well made fight scenes, but I haven't seen this stuff about Johnson and Statham's contract deals generating any hostility from people they work with. It's brand protection but every big name Hollywood star does it, for good or for ill.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe it doesn't make for well made fight scenes, but I haven't seen this stuff about Johnson and Statham's contract deals generating any hostility from people they work with. It's brand protection but every big name Hollywood star does it, for good or for ill.
    I honestly don't know of much hostility between Vin and anyone else. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be stuff between Rock and a few other cast members of FF.

Also, I'd point out that not all action stars have the same 'protection' for their characters. Chris' Cap, Black Widow and plenty of other characters have been beaten bloody without landing an equal amount of punches on the bad guys. I'm sure The Rock's rep will survive if he gets punched a few extra times.

Vin is the one with the "can't be beat" rule for fatf. That's why this auto nerd from fast 1 (that was a complete rip-off of point break) can beat superman if he was in a fatf film. He went from having trouble breaking into a truck to pulling down a roof with his bare hands.

Johns take--

I honestly don't know of much hostility between Vin and anyone else. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be stuff between Rock and a few other cast members of FF.
    There were some issues with Tyrese getting mad at Johnson over the latter getting a spinoff, but I think that was due to some issues in his personal life bleeding over to his professional one.

My point was that I don't think Johnson and Statham having stipulations about how many punches their characters should receive is comparable to Diesel going method on a cast mate. Idris Elba, for example, doesn't have any unkind words to say about them from what I've heard.

Also, I'd point out that not all action stars have the same 'protection' for their characters. Chris' Cap, Black Widow and plenty of other characters have been beaten bloody without landing an equal amount of punches on the bad guys. I'm sure The Rock's rep will survive if he gets punched a few extra times.
    Perhaps so. I guess you could say Evans isn't in the position that he can make such a demand the way Johnson can.