Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Vin Diesel and The Rock beef

I'm not sure why there is or should be a feud between these two actors or why VD pushed him out of future sequels. Look, you're both part of a franchise that makes a ton of money so why not be good teammates? Why did VD feel threatened by Dwayne? He's successful himself. Not only does he have the F&F franchise, he's also in the MCU and he's got XXX stuff as well. The Rock is wildly popular with family movies, he's playing Shazam and in the upcoming Jungle Cruise. It's very strange to me this feud.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I'm not sure why there is or should be a feud between these two actors or why VD pushed him out of future sequels. Look, you're both part of a franchise that makes a ton of money so why not be good teammates? Why did VD feel threatened by Dwayne? He's successful himself. Not only does he have the F&F franchise, he's also in the MCU and he's got XXX stuff as well. The Rock is wildly popular with family movies, he's playing Shazam and in the upcoming Jungle Cruise. It's very strange to me this feud.
    I like Vin but I can see him feeling threatened by a guy like the Rock. In rl Dwayne could probably put him down in less than a minute lol. They really don't need each other to succeed but they are stronger together.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its because the fact the Rock is the bigger star. Diesel at this stage , all he has is the Fast & Furious films. He plays a voice character role in Marvel film universe. But the Rock is a big time live action actor. He's in more and there is a professional jealousy situation here. Its clear the final 2 films should have Johnson finish out Hobbs in the series.

This to me started because Johnson got a big spin-off film role of the series. Which pissed off Diesel and that other actor. Saying how terrible it was etc.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

As much as guys criticize VD, I think Johnson and even Statham aren’t acting with maturity.

These guys that have stuff in their contracts that stipulates that they can’t get beat up too much. And stipulates how many punches they can throw and receive.

These guys are petty.

Going into projects with that kind of mindset will always lead to some friction. It essentially comes down to a dick measuring contest.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Diesel is mad that the Rock got a spin off film in his franchise and had no role to play in it. Diesel doesn't have any other franchise going for him. The newest Riddick and XXX movies bombed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Diesel is mad that the Rock got a spin off film in his franchise and had no role to play in it. Diesel doesn't have any other franchise going for him. The newest Riddick and XXX movies bombed.
    I'll give you Riddick, but xXx3 was actually a hit and made more than the other two before it. What's holding up xXx4 is a lawsuit. Screenrant is so far the only site I've found that explains it plainly.

Here you go.

Everyone can read for themselves, but it basically goes like this:
    Vin goes method to get the best performance from Rock in Fast Five, since their characters are antagonists to each other.
    Vin, in his mind, is like "hey it was for the movie, no hard feelings". Rock on the other hand, in his mind, is like "F this dude."
    Rock carries that sentiment going forward in future installments, Vin finally responds in kind (his twitter post for the 8th movie).
    However that tweet was probably the catalyst that got the two to work it out at least as of 2019.

Folks assumed Vin was the culprit, and they were right, but assumed the reason was because Vin was jealous Rock's a franchise maker and he is not. Vin was wrong in assuming all the things he did about the Rock, that Rock couldn't get into character unless he "pushed" him. I'm sure the Rock resented that as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think Diesel may want to rest his behind. The Rock is loved by many, even if he is not really taken seriously as an Oscar worthy talent actor. Some even think The Rock can be president of the USA. The Rock has eclipsed Diesel and Diesel does not seem to be taking it well. The beef may be on, but the Rock is the one getting all the food meat.

Rock turned his back on family. You don't forget family, even if family forgets you.

Salud, mi familia.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I'm still not convinced this isn't just a publicity stunt.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    As much as guys criticize VD, I think Johnson and even Statham aren’t acting with maturity.

These guys that have stuff in their contracts that stipulates that they can’t get beat up too much. And stipulates how many punches they can throw and receive.

These guys are petty.

Going into projects with that kind of mindset will always lead to some friction. It essentially comes down to a dick measuring contest.
    Yeah, this. They're all jerks in this, to one degree or another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, this. They're all jerks in this, to one degree or another.
    I don't see things as them been jerks. I feel it is more just about them having big Egos but Vin Disesel seems to lack charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Vin goes method to get the best performance from Rock in Fast Five, since their characters are antagonists to each other.
    Method actors can be EXHAUSTING! Whatever a method actor needs to do FOR HIM OR HERSELF is their choice, but to ever, ever, EVER forcibly involve another actor in their process is both rude, and unprofessional.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Will this go down in history as the Beefcake Beef?

I like the Rock, but frankly I feel like everything he does is to curate his brand. For example, he's not acting as a character moreso as he's putting on a display that he's a certain kind of persona. That seems a little insincere, but also what keeps him from being a more honest actor (we've seen him in dramas, but he's more effective in comedies because comedy often relies on characters being more facetious). And I can see how that would rub someone like Diesel the wrong way.

It's the same kind of persona that prevents me from liking Jason David Frank as much as other Power Ranger actors -- he's not afraid about putting his and the PR brand ahead of more personal or intimate reflections.