Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

So no more Bloodshot?

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Vin Diesel needs The Rock more than the Rock needs him.

Vin tried to get cute & The Rock called him out on his BS.
    Neither needs the other. FATF was successful before and after the Rock. The Rock was successful before and after FATF. This is just two dudes that can't get past their own egos. They are both at fault and it is just a question of which you like more as to which side you take.

The real origin is that Diesal as producer and an actor for a longer time saw himself as a mentor of sorts to the Rock who obviously came from a non acting background. The Rock took issue with that and felt Diesal was more a peer than a mentor and they have never resolved that. Hence why Diesal claims he was just trying to bring out the best in the Rock and the Rock laughing as if to say he doesn't need Diesal to help him be a better actor.

Neither is necessarily wrong but they won't admit that the other has a valid point. The Rock is not some Oscar caliber actor but he also is not some rookie that needed Diesal to push him. 2 people would less ego would have just sat down and hashed it out with both realizing they exaggerated their respective positions.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Neither needs the other. FATF was successful before and after the Rock. The Rock was successful before and after FATF. This is just two dudes that can't get past their own egos. They are both at fault and it is just a question of which you like more as to which side you take.

The real origin is that Diesal as producer and an actor for a longer time saw himself as a mentor of sorts to the Rock who obviously came from a non acting background. The Rock took issue with that and felt Diesal was more a peer than a mentor and they have never resolved that. Hence why Diesal claims he was just trying to bring out the best in the Rock and the Rock laughing as if to say he doesn't need Diesal to help him be a better actor.

Neither is necessarily wrong but they won't admit that the other has a valid point. The Rock is not some Oscar caliber actor but he also is not some rookie that needed Diesal to push him. 2 people would less ego would have just sat down and hashed it out with both realizing they exaggerated their respective positions.
    Respectfully, I'm talking about who has leverage, momentum & can bring the hype more dynamically as "the" leading star?

The Rock has a much brighter future line up in not 1 but 2 DC films The Rock is taking part in during 2022, DC League of Super-Pets is an animated effort, and Johnson will voice Krypto/Super Dog. As well as a lead in some other weirdo DC live action movie character.

Rock also has in development Hobbs & Shaw 2, the fourth Jumanji , The King (personal project for him).

VD has F&F 9 as well as Avatar 2 that will be followed up by Guardians 3 & something called "Furia" (in development) & he's constantly threatening us with the next Riddick movie spinning in eternal development hell.

Those are most definitely good flicks that VD has lined up...for ensembles movies.

BANNED

Could this be the male version of Sarah Jessica and Kim Cantrell. The Rock looks like a nice enough guy, I just dont get the awful thinks Vin keeps saying about him.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Ya'll see where Justin Lin left Fast X thanks to Vin Diesel showing up late on set and not knowing his lines among other issues?
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Vin seems to have beefs with everyone. Awfully seems like he's a toxic difficult person. I feel bad for Justin Lin.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Ya'll see where Justin Lin left Fast X thanks to Vin Diesel showing up late on set and not knowing his lines among other issues?
    What? No, I saw that note he left on Instagram he said he gave them a decade and its time to move one. Let me see if I can find it...

Ah, here.

But what you're saying, and what I was able to Google, its really because of Vin Diesel. Mostly. In Lin's case, they were screwing with him already and Vin's behavior was the straw that broke the camel's back. With the Rock it seems it was just Vin and that bs twitter post.

Louis Leterrier, who directed the first "Now You See Me" and "The Incredible Hulk", is now the new director of Fast X. Fast X? Surprised they didn't go for a play on words like Fate of the Furious and call it Fast X Furious.

Huh. Except for Lin, the series otherwise hasn't had the same director more than once. Now I'm wondering if they all had an issue with Diesel and decided one was enough.

Also...hope for Hobbs & Shaw 2? I thought the idea, based on the ending of F9, was a sequel would involve HAN and Shaw. But apparently Johnson has been talking about the sequel himself since November. He wants to end the series with the sequel, where he basically retires the character, and the pitch he gave was so good he has a standing offer to make it whenever his schedule clears up.

Source.

Well Johnson may want to stop, Statham may not. But either way at least whatever is going on with Vin isn't stopping him from making at least one last film. I'm just guessing Vin won't be welcome anywhere on the set whenever they start filming.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 05-04-2022 at 08:08 AM.

i'm hoping that there can be some kind of mega-mediator who can step in and cool all the heads and heal most of the wounds so that folks can come back for the presumably last film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Louis Leterrier, who directed the first "Now You See Me" and "The Incredible Hulk", is now the new director of Fast X. Fast X? Surprised they didn't go for a play on words like Fate of the Furious and call it Fast X Furious.

Huh. Except for Lin, the series otherwise hasn't had the same director once. Now I'm wondering if they all had an issue with Diesel and decided one was enough.

Also...hope for Hobbs & Shaw 2? I thought the idea, based on the ending of F9, was a sequel would involve HAN and Shaw. But apparently Johnson has been talking about the sequel himself since November. He wants to end the series with the sequel, where he basically retires the character, and the pitch he gave was so good he has a standing offer to make it whenever his schedule clears up.

Source.

Well Johnson may want to stop, Statham may not. But either way at least whatever is going on with Vin isn't stopping him from making at least one last film. I'm just guessing Vin won't be welcome anywhere on the set whenever they start filming.
    Leterrier also directed the first two Transporter movies so him directing an F&F film is rather fitting.

More info on why the director left. Budget went out of control with stars pays going $100m combined taking money from the films budget. Vin showed up late on set (this is what the rock said he quite over also!) and didn't bother to rehearse his lines (so to quate back to the future "He is a slacker!") then while filming would demand script changes and fight the director. The director who did many films in this series is passing on the high pay he got and says "it's not worth his health!"

Also the studio lost $1m per day without a director. Thanks vin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Leterrier also directed the first two Transporter movies so him directing an F&F film is rather fitting.
    Came here to say the exact same thing. He does action and car chases exceptionally well. So it's in safe hands.

You'd think at this point VD would be chill.

Who's more important to the franchise though - VD or JL?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I knew he directed Transporter 1, somehow missed he did Transporter 2, too.

Transporter 2 is responsible for one the biggest F.U.'s to physics in history:

Oh he'll do just fine with the F&F movies. They might as well lock him in for 11, unless they're waiting to see how/if he can get along with Vin Diesel for 10 first.

Incredible Member

I and many others were hoping for "Fast X Your Seatbelts".

Oh he'll do just fine with the F&F movies. They might as well lock him in for 11, unless they're waiting to see how/if he can get along with Vin Diesel for 10 first.
    This movies budget is going to end up over 300 million. If city underperforms even mildly and rhetes more difficulty with Vin, in other sure XI is a guarantee anymore.

Thr new director is in a tough spot: coming into a movie that already began production, with a diva actor/producer, and it's the biggest budget projectiles ever worked on. Probably not going to be a fun shoot for him. But, that's what the money is for.
    Last edited by Jared; 05-07-2022 at 04:12 AM.