Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
As much as I love Mac as Guardian, I'd be fine if he and Heather (who I always found a terrible leader, despite the writers constantly telling us, though never quite showing, how amazing she was) retired from active duty and went on to work on their family life, just occasionally working behind the scenes. They could give the Guardian suit and name to Vancouver P.D Detective Sean Bernard, who before James McDonald Hudson took on the mantle of the Guardian (or Weapon Alpha or Vindicator) was selected to pilot the prototype suit (then called Groundhog), used only once before by Hudson. He only had one appearence (that I know of) but I always thought he was a good character (Hudson was belived dead when he was introduced in an Alpha Flight Special). They could build a new Alpha Flight around him. There are pleanty of former members that could be called back to active duty (Marrina, Shaman, Snowbird, Wildchild/Wildheart, Box (Jeffries), Nemesis, Pathway, Puck, Windshear, etc...)

Peace
Agreed. I'm sure Mac and Heather have their fans, but seeing a team dynamic that isn't anchored around one or the other Hudson could be interesting. Seeing Walter, Jean-Marie or Eugene pick up the torch would be interesting. (Jean-Paul and Michael seem to have moved on to X affairs or the more mystical side of the MU, although a younger Alpha team headlined by *Elizabeth*, with most of the original team being occasional guest-stars and mentors and the like, could be fun!)