Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I miss the Box’s Roger Bochs and Madison Jeffries.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I miss Talisman and Snowbird...my two favourite Alphas
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see Marrina have a life in the Pacific, without fear of becoming a monster. With a romance involving someone human.
    A series addressing her would be a nice way to explore a sea-based storyline that *isn't* all about Atlantis (as any Namor story tends to become, over time). Plus, as Riv86672 says, it could be fun to see her connect with other sea-going characters like Triton, Stingray, Venus (who, at last reveal, was a seagoing Siren, not an Olympian goddess!), Wave, Crosta, Kelpie, etc.

Thanks to the massive ups and downs she's gone through, I feel like Marrina has the most 'untold story' of the lot of them. Is she now the default 'elder statesman' of the remaining Plodex community on Earth, heir to it's remaining technology and positioned to take the lead of them the way the Master of the World had usurped that position? How does Atlantis think of her, their one-time Queen for a hot minute? Relief that their half-human monarchs alien bride is no more? And yet surely *someone* in Atlantis misses her if only for distracting Namor from his ill-tempered approach to rulership that seems to cause Atlantis more grief than anything...

Other than Marrina, I also miss Snowbird, not because she has all sorts of wonderful story potential so much as I just love her attitude and her visual. She has the aloofness of early Storm and a great visual, even if her attitude occasionally veered from Storm to Moondragon's 'I'll make this decision for you, little man'...

^^^those are really good observations/potential story ideas.
    Now I’m really hyped for a mini that’ll never happen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Basically the Department H AF we grew up with got disbanded cuz they didn't want to work with Trudeau and the 'Murricans got the trademark.

I miss Snowbird but then I remember how badly they made her suffer in the old days so yeah.
    "Cable was right!"

I can't believe all these years later Heather is still brainwashed. And now Mac is getting some heinous character assassination.
    We really need a good new AF series. You'd think there would at least be enough of a fan base for them to appear more often.
    At the very least somebody restore Mac and Heather to a recognizable version of themselves.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I can't believe all these years later Heather is still brainwashed. And now Mac is getting some heinous character assassination.
    We really need a good new AF series. You'd think there would at least be enough of a fan base for them to appear more often.
    At the very least somebody restore Mac and Heather to a recognizable version of themselves.
    I know about Mac but what's with this Heather being brainwashed?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I know about Mac but what's with this Heather being brainwashed?
    She was brainwashed by the Master of the World in the last AF series ten or so years ago.
    In the end she killed her cousin and his wife who were guardians of her baby and went on the run.
    All these years later she’s still brainwashed but Mac has custody of her in a VR prison where she thinks she’s hiding from the law in a cabin.

Gawd what a waste of a good team and characters.

John Byrne must be rolling over in his barcalounger.

byrne established hudson as a pedophile what are we freaking out about, he can only go up
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I miss the Box’s Roger Bochs and Madison Jeffries.
    Roger is dead and Madison has dropped the Box alias maybe it's time to bring in the latest Box who is Roger's son.

Maybe its time for a new Beta Flight training squad consisting of Mar, Box, Prodigy, Snowguard and Turbine.

As much as I love Mac as Guardian, I'd be fine if he and Heather (who I always found a terrible leader, despite the writers constantly telling us, though never quite showing, how amazing she was) retired from active duty and went on to work on their family life, just occasionally working behind the scenes. They could give the Guardian suit and name to Vancouver P.D Detective Sean Bernard, who before James McDonald Hudson took on the mantle of the Guardian (or Weapon Alpha or Vindicator) was selected to pilot the prototype suit (then called Groundhog), used only once before by Hudson. He only had one appearence (that I know of) but I always thought he was a good character (Hudson was belived dead when he was introduced in an Alpha Flight Special). They could build a new Alpha Flight around him. There are pleanty of former members that could be called back to active duty (Marrina, Shaman, Snowbird, Wildchild/Wildheart, Box (Jeffries), Nemesis, Pathway, Puck, Windshear, etc...)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Maybe its time for a new Beta Flight training squad consisting of Mar, Box, Prodigy, Snowguard and Turbine.

That is frikking money! I love it!

It’s sad that the complete classic AF run still isn’t available as trades.