Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will there be an Avengers: Canada mini series...?
    No. God Almighty, no. Not everything needs the Avengers brand slapped on it for relevance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    No. God Almighty, no. Not everything needs the Avengers brand slapped on it for relevance.
    it's inevitable. For reals.

Ultimate Member

Ha. The Avenging Four! Spider-Venger! The Avenging Hulk! The X-Vengers! Avengers of Atlas!

will there be an Avengers: Canada mini series...?
    Damn. I had a vision for this title way back in the ‘80’s.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

Oddly enough, we only have one Avengers series.

...Savage Avengers is a Conan title

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Oddly enough, we only have one Avengers series.

...Savage Avengers is a Conan title
    Fair enough, though I was referring more to how things were just a few relatively short years ago.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The main problem now trying to do a new book is prying the mutant characters away from the x-editors. Once they get their slimy hands on a character they are hard to get free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The main problem now trying to do a new book is prying the mutant characters away from the x-editors. Once they get their slimy hands on a character they are hard to get free.
    Ha, don’t even get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Damn. I had a vision for this title way back in the ‘80’s.
    Time to revive it.

Fair enough, though I was referring more to how things were just a few relatively short years ago.
    Count me as one happy camper that they've changed on that particular front. Quality of the books aside, I hated the idea of everything Avengers (New, Mighty, Uncanny, Secret, etc...). IMHO, it cheapened the concept (of couse, there's always the downside of Avengers fans only having a bad book to follow).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Count me as one happy camper that they've changed on that particular front. Quality of the books aside, I hated the idea of everything Avengers (New, Mighty, Uncanny, Secret, etc...). IMHO, it cheapened the concept (of couse, there's always the downside of Avengers fans only having a bad book to follow).

Peace
    I hated all of those Avenger books too. The only ones that ever worked were Avengers and West Coast Avengers. OK maybe Bendis’ Mighty and New Avengers too. Now we just have one. Unfortunately with Aaron. I would be up for an Avenger/Flight book as long as Aaron isn’t writing it. Maybe a new Alpha Flight book could spin off from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I hated all of those Avenger books too. The only ones that ever worked were Avengers and West Coast Avengers. OK maybe Bendis’ Mighty and New Avengers too. Now we just have one. Unfortunately with Aaron. I would be up for an Avenger/Flight book as long as Aaron isn’t writing it. Maybe a new Alpha Flight book could spin off from it.
    And let's not even get started on "Avengers World." The sheer hubris . . . but then again, given that Jonathan Hickman was building towards Time Runs Out and Secret Wars, the hubris most likely was the point, i.e. "Pride cometh before the fall," to quote or paraphrase the Bible.

Time to revive it.
    I’m on it!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I admit, I liked the multiple Avengers titles concept. So I had a variety of characters in different books and every team had it's A and B lister heroes.

With one book now only, I don't like the roster at all. The holy movie Trinity of Captain A, Thor, Iron Man, with movie Marvel, movie Panther, movie Blade, tv show Ghost Rider and future tv show She-Hulk, sorry, Hulk.