Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default It's Criminal They Haven't Made A Big Budget Movie Of...

My take: Archie.

What's yours?

M.A.S.K.

King Kong vs Godzilla. Sure, there's the Japanese classic, but I wouldn't call it big budget. There's also the big budget clip show of fight scenes from Hollywood earlier this year, but I wouldn't call that a movie...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    My take: Archie.

What's yours?
    Not sure if this is intended to be serious or not but why would Archie need a big budget? Where would the money go?

BANNED

Archie is better on TV.

My take is Enid Blyton fantasy books like The Folks of the Faraway Tree series.

Certainly not for lack of trying and I also don't really see it ever getting made under a big budget studio but probably a Blood Meridian adaptation.

Red Harvest has also been a pretty influential book on quite a few films and but the closest ever gotten to an adaptation was Last Man Standing but that's considered a remake of Yojimbo.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-24-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Ultimate Member

Spawn. A new big budget movie of Spawn.

Extraordinary Member

I’m a social studies teacher, so…

Hannibal is campaigns in the Second Punic Wars.

Attila the Hun vs Aetius The Last Of The Romans.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Doctor Who.

They did two movies (in 1965 and 1966 respectively), but they were basically kid films separate from the TV show and were essentially written & produced as such. I'd be okay if a new movie once again stood in its own continuity, but done really big and more in line--at least in tone--to the current show.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

The Greatest American Hero.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Doctor Who.

They did two movies (in 1965 and 1966 respectively), but they were basically kid films separate from the TV show and were essentially written & produced as such. I'd be okay if a new movie once again stood in its own continuity, but done really big and more in line--at least in tone--to the current show.
    The Peter Cushing movies were essentially big budget remakes of the first two Dalek stories. There's been talk about a Doctor Who movie over the years, most fans are against it since the suggestion was that they'd do just that and Americanize it, similar to the criticisms that were thrown at the 1996 TV movie back in the day. Honestly I think Doctor Who would work best having an animated movie in continuity that teams up a whole range of Doctors together, probably with the New Doctors at the front but also having the surviving classic Doctors in significant roles.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'd love to see Earth Sea on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Peter Cushing movies were essentially big budget remakes of the first two Dalek stories. There's been talk about a Doctor Who movie over the years, most fans are against it since the suggestion was that they'd do just that and Americanize it, similar to the criticisms that were thrown at the 1996 TV movie back in the day. Honestly I think Doctor Who would work best having an animated movie in continuity that teams up a whole range of Doctors together, probably with the New Doctors at the front but also having the surviving classic Doctors in significant roles.
    Day of the Doctor and a few other episodes did get a theater release.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Day of the Doctor and a few other episodes did get a theater release.
    I actually watched DOTD on the big screen, awesome way to see it, especially with the cinema specific additions with Strax and both Ten and Eleven.