Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Johnny Quest is really the only correct answer here!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Not sure if this is intended to be serious or not but why would Archie need a big budget? Where would the money go?
    You think that pile of CGI burgers Jughead eats are just going to pay for themselves.

On the Archie theme how about Mighty Crusaders?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Peter Cushing movies were essentially big budget remakes of the first two Dalek stories. There's been talk about a Doctor Who movie over the years, most fans are against it since the suggestion was that they'd do just that and Americanize it, similar to the criticisms that were thrown at the 1996 TV movie back in the day. Honestly I think Doctor Who would work best having an animated movie in continuity that teams up a whole range of Doctors together, probably with the New Doctors at the front but also having the surviving classic Doctors in significant roles.
    There was a lot of talk about a decade ago about David Yates doing something, but he seems to have dropped that and is pretty much focusing on Fantastic Beasts (The Newt character is fairly ********h, though).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    My take: Archie.

What's yours?
    They made a live action Josie and The Pussycats. Then when Dan DeCarlo wanted to get paid cuz he created the Josie character, Archie Comics fired him.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There was a lot of talk about a decade ago about David Yates doing something, but he seems to have dropped that and is pretty much focusing on Fantastic Beasts (The Newt character is fairly ********h, though).
    He probably realized that the New Series has hit its peak already and interest in a movie would be much less than it might have been back then. That and the BBC probably vetoed a lot of things he'd want to do.

More of a streaming series than a movie but... Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series. Basically lizard like aliens turn up at the height of WW2 to take over Earth and it follows characters from all corners of the world - Allies, Axis and Alien. This could be the ultimate Alternate History franchise in my opinion.

He probably realized that the New Series has hit its peak already and interest in a movie would be much less than it might have been back then. That and the BBC probably vetoed a lot of things he'd want to do.

More of a streaming series than a movie but... Harry Turtledove's Worldwar series. Basically lizard like aliens turn up at the height of WW2 to take over Earth and it follows characters from all corners of the world - Allies, Axis and Alien. This could be the ultimate Alternate History franchise in my opinion.

I love TurtleDove. His 191 series I have read all 11 books four times. I didnt care for his War that Came Early Series. Days of Infamy 2 books were great! I am going to read this series next. I am not a huge sci fi book person but I am going to give him a chance since I enjoyed his Guns of the South book.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I remember hearing Dwayne Johnson was going to be Race Bannon but that was YEARS ago.

https://moviehole.net/jonny-quest-mo...still-onboard/

Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson in a movie?
    That’d never work.

Definitely, another choice would be...

Little Einsteins

As I've grown older I've come to realise that the stories you love best life are generally best left in the format you originally enjoyed them in, as that was both the form they were created for and the reason they came to your attention in the first place (e.g. Watchmen was created as both a showcase of what could uniquely be done in a comic book/graphic novel form, and a deconstruction of super hero comic tropes).

That said, I would love to see some kind of big screen adaptation of Consider Phlebas by Iain M Banks. Of his books, it's the most blatantly tilted at colossal special effects cinematics, with most sections ending with a (sea) ship getting nuked, a giant train crash, or just a naked fistfight in the rain. They should definitely keep the cannibalism bit too, as it's just funny putting a space quest on hold while the protagonist has to escape from a cannibal island.

Boisterously Confused

I would throw my bank account at all four of these recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The Forgotten Realms, and Dragonlance.

I guess it's possible the upcoming D&D movie will be set in the Realms, since it's now the game's official setting. It certainly won't be an adaptation of any of the existing books, but that's fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely, my next choice would be...

The Herculoids

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I remember hearing Dwayne Johnson was going to be Race Bannon but that was YEARS ago.

https://moviehole.net/jonny-quest-mo...still-onboard/

Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson in a movie?
    That’d never work.
    Hah. i cant see anyone paying to see that

Thread winner!

And gives me a chance to post the coolest YouTube video ever.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh, yeah, This or the TL-191 series are stuff I've wanted to see done for years.

Spectacular Member

Turdledove's The Guns of the South could be a great mini-series. Dunno how you would pack it into a 3 hour movie

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    Turdledove's The Guns of the South could be a great mini-series. Dunno how you would pack it into a 3 hour movie
    Do a couple ,ovies. if they can do the last book of Harry Potter in two movies why not Guns of the South?