Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In under a year...

I've often thought that it never happened because it could very well win up coming off like a serial killer film.
    I have zero knowledge of this sniper or the history or context - but it hasn't stopped Hollywood from making films of American snipers for whatever it's worth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They made a live action Josie and The Pussycats. Then when Dan DeCarlo wanted to get paid cuz he created the Josie character, Archie Comics fired him.
    I have always felt that movie was made with the intentions that we forget it quickly. Also Josie and the pussycats is better as a tv series.

Prob. just me, but I’ve always thought a Ka-Zar movie was way past due.

The technology to do convincing dinosaurs has been around for decades.

2008’s 10,000 B.C. pretty much gave us a live action Zabu.

The MCU’s Black Panther showed how cool mixing high tech and jungle visuals could be.

All the parts are there to do the project.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Along with...

Savage Dragon

Definitely agree with this.

Even thought we're finally getting a Flash movie, this should've happened years ago if WB had more guts. I'm iffy about this direction of the movie, though.

Also...

WildC.A.T.S.
    The Maxx
    Gen 13

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Prob. just me, but I’ve always thought a Ka-Zar movie was way past due.

The technology to do convincing dinosaurs has been around for decades.

2008’s 10,000 B.C. pretty much gave us a live action Zabu.

The MCU’s Black Panther showed how cool mixing high tech and jungle visuals could be.

All the parts are there to do the project.
    Along similar lines, after seeing Pete's Dragon and Jungle Book I've thought the same thing about doing a live action take on Kamandi.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Along similar lines, after seeing Pete's Dragon and Jungle Book I've thought the same thing about doing a live action take on Kamandi.
    Man that’d be a great ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Definitely agree with this.

Even thought we're finally getting a Flash movie, this should've happened years ago if WB had more guts. I'm iffy about this direction of the movie, though.

Also...

WildC.A.T.S.
    The Maxx
    Gen 13
    Thanks. I'd also be interested in a big-budget movie version of...

Madman

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have zero knowledge of this sniper or the history or context - but it hasn't stopped Hollywood from making films of American snipers for whatever it's worth.
    Where they tried to paint them as human beings.

If the bit that I have read is even remotely true?

The guy just took out canned food, and hunted human beings.

While I get that his intentions may have been worthwhile and patriotic, he was a rather singular example.

Where they tried to paint them as human beings.

If the bit that I have read is even remotely true?

The guy just took out canned food, and hunted human beings.

While I get that his intentions may have been worthwhile and patriotic, he was a rather singular example.
    Again, no knowledge of the history or context here - but from your post, he does sound very serial killer-y. Which is...ick, but also hasn't stopped Hollywood from making movies about serial killers before either.

Yeah...

It's just a very odd corner of world history.

The man murdered around five hundred men in under a hundred days. If the history is to be believed, he might have killed twenty-five of them in a single day.

The five hundred are only the confirmed sniper kills. Could actually be higher. Also machine gunned between a hundred and two hundred men in those hundred days, so he most likely killed at least six hundred men in one hundred days.

To me, it's just always seemed like too much of an actuall horror story to make the character sympathetic. No matter what the angle was.

Yeah...

It's just a very odd corner of world history.

The man murdered around five hundred men in under a hundred days. If the history is to be believed, he might have killed twenty-five of them in a single day.

The five hundred are only the confirmed sniper kills. Could actually be higher. Also machine gunned between a hundred and two hundred men in those hundred days, so he most likely killed at least six hundred men in one hundred days.

To me, it's just always seemed like too much of an actuall horror story to make the character sympathetic. No matter what the angle was.
    What war was this? Because **** that's too many people dead from just one man...

The Winter War.

Soviets invaded Finland during the war.

The beating that they took was apparently part of what convinced Hitler he could attack the USSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What war was this? Because **** that's too many people dead from just one man...
    Read in more than one place that the number might actually be a conservative estimate.

Come to think of it, the Soviets supposedly took to calling him "The White Death..." during the war.

The Winter War.

Soviets invaded Finland during the war.

The beating that they took was apparently part of what convinced Hitler he could attack the USSR.
    Had to google it, not a war covered in American text books on world history. According to Wikipedia started 3 months into World War 2 and lasted under 4 months, so I can see why it's little known here. I imagine he was/is considered a hero by the Finnish and a villain to the former Soviet Union aka just Russia. I mean, war is hell and he did it for his country, so I can't exactly judge him harshly - if America was invaded I'd kill as many of the invaders as I possibly could to drive them out, I think most people would be that way if they were under an invasion by an army. But even coming at it from that angle, the death toll caused by one man is uncomfortably high, even when thinking I might do the same or similar in that situation.