Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Thanks. I'd also be interested in a big-budget movie version of...

Madman

Good god that would be such a bizarre movie.

I can see it actually tanking, and then achieving cult classic status by the end of the decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Good god that would be such a bizarre movie.

I can see it actually tanking, and then achieving cult classic status by the end of the decade.
    Or you could just slap some red and blue paint on it, call it Freakazoid! for the nostalgia factor, and avoid tanking altogether.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yeah...

It's just a very odd corner of world history.

The man murdered around five hundred men in under a hundred days. If the history is to be believed, he might have killed twenty-five of them in a single day.

The five hundred are only the confirmed sniper kills. Could actually be higher. Also machine gunned between a hundred and two hundred men in those hundred days, so he most likely killed at least six hundred men in one hundred days.

To me, it's just always seemed like too much of an actuall horror story to make the character sympathetic. No matter what the angle was.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOyfswWtFIY

I think his story is pretty sympathetic everything the Russians did to this guy just is made for a major film.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I have always felt that movie was made with the intentions that we forget it quickly. Also Josie and the pussycats is better as a tv series.
    I feel the movie is quite underrated. On the one hand it's just a light hearted romp. One the other, it's a quite biting satire of consumerism in general and the music industry in particular.
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-02-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I feel the movie is quite underrated. On the one hand it's just a light hearted romp. One the other, it's a quite baiting satire of consumerism in general and the music industry in particular.
    One bit that has always stuck w. me is how they explained why so many musicians have died in plane crashes, drug overdoses and similar disasters.

That and Alexandra’s explanation for being there when asked why she was in the movie.

Captain Planet

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Captain Planet
    Wasn’t Leonardo DiCaprio supposed to produce Captain Planet movie once upon a time.
    The hell ever happened w. that?

Definitely, would be interested in a big-budget movie version of...

Sesame Street

Invincible Member

Definitely, would be interested in a big-budget movie version of...

Sesame Street

OMG! Thanks!

I also found out there's going to be another one next year...
    https://warnerbros.fandom.com/wiki/S...et_(2022_film)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    A diesel punk Buck Rogers with the original comicbook lighter than air tech, finned rockets and rayguns.

Not going to happen. Most people probably don't know who Buck Rogers is now.
    I often wonder if there's a dartboard in the offices of King Features Syndicate with the face on it of the guy that told an early-career George Lucas that he couldn't have Flash Gordon for his homage to adventure movie serials that eventually became Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Prob. just me, but I’ve always thought a Ka-Zar movie was way past due...
    Got to agree. I'm a bit astonished that Feige, et al. hasn't been all over this already.

All the good stuff about Tarzan with none of the colonialism baggage. Plus Dinosaurs! Seems a no-brainer, and something Disney could use to reframe a ride like Jungle Cruise.

Thanks. I'd also be interested in a big-budget movie version of...

Madman

I'm down with that as well. The Frankenstein mythos needs a new take in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I often wonder if there's a dartboard in the offices of King Features Syndicate with the face on it of the guy that told an early-career George Lucas that he couldn't have Flash Gordon for his homage to adventure movie serials that eventually became Star Wars.
    Man, imagine how that one domino falling would have changed the face of the last 40+ years of pop culture.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The Peter Cushing movies were essentially big budget remakes of the first two Dalek stories. There's been talk about a Doctor Who movie over the years, most fans are against it since the suggestion was that they'd do just that and Americanize it, similar to the criticisms that were thrown at the 1996 TV movie back in the day. Honestly I think Doctor Who would work best having an animated movie in continuity that teams up a whole range of Doctors together, probably with the New Doctors at the front but also having the surviving classic Doctors in significant roles.
    Any movie would have to be made by the BBC Films arm of the corporation. You'll never get a film because the BBC are reluctant to do one while the show is still being made. Something in their charter states this. Hence why they never did it back when the current show was at its peak.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Got to agree. I'm a bit astonished that Feige, et al. hasn't been all over this already.

All the good stuff about Tarzan with none of the colonialism baggage. Plus Dinosaurs! Seems a no-brainer, and something Disney could use to reframe a ride like Jungle Cruise.
    I'm a little surprised they haven't tried to revive some of Marvel's other genres. Not everything has to be a two hour movie, but I'd be down for a Millie the Model TV show or miniseries based on their western heroes.