Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Speaking of adapting series from comics to the big screen, I'd be interested in a big-budget movie of...

Deathstroke
    (A.K.A. SLADE!)

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2021 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Speaking of adapting series from comics to the big screen, I'd be interested in a big-budget movie of...

Deathstroke
    (A.K.A. SLADE!)
    I'm sure the black ops guy from Justice League and Rampage would appreciate it.

But we're running into a bit of a problem here, after Deadshot, Deathstroke, Peacemaker and Bloodsport, one of them at least getting another go at HBO Max, and another being good enough to injure Superman, we're reaching levels of overexposure to morally dubious if not outright villainous impossibly good sharp-shooter guys. It looks to me like a death race to have them all punched to the ground by Batman, assembled for a Luthor gig, or do nothing at all with. I'd pick a little of all myself for at least another movie.
    Last edited by Wildling; 08-19-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

But we're running into a bit of a problem here, after Deadshot, Deathstroke, Peacemaker and Bloodsport, one of them at least getting another go at HBO Max, and another being good enough to injure Superman, we're reaching levels of overexposure to morally dubious if not outright villainous impossibly good sharp-shooter guys. It looks to me like a death race to have them all punched to the ground by Batman, assembled for a Luthor gig, or do nothing at all with. I'd pick a little of all myself for at least another movie.
    Edit: DC Films Deadshot and Bloodsport can team up for a downright heroic DC Films mission. They deserve that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

That's sad. Didn't realize there was a glut. I guess my dream for a big-budget movie version of Red Hood would be out of the question then, huh?

The answer for me is Robotech.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    To the utmost, I agree!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

While I agree with M.A.S.K. and things like Nightwing or Silver Surfer I can't belive in 9 pages no one has said:

VOLTON

Start with lions, of course, then branch into the vechicles and heck I'm one of those Voltron fans that has been wanting Albegas aka Gladiator Voltron to finally get its proper intro into the canon.

Voltron-1.jpg

Voltron-3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Awesome! Since "Super-Robot/Mecha" is allowed, my choice would be...

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    (天元突破グレンラガン)

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    A live-action version has kind of been in development hell since the 1990s. Possibly because Macross/Robotech has been a complicated rights nightmare for decades.

There was however, a pretty good larger-budget movie of the Macross series that still holds up today, although it's never had a proper US release, just a really weird dub and name change on VHS. Although that might change soon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macros...member_Love%3F
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Nightwing
    (especially, the Chuck Dixon/Scott McDaniel version )

I remember when Superman V Batman was entering production, Adam Driver was heavily rumored.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Nothing who would require a big budget whatsoever but while we are on the topic of "can't believe they never made that" i do am kinda surprised no one tried to make some adaptation of Cat's Eyes.

It's very basic, 3 sisters who own a café, the Cat's Eye, are occasional burglars in order to find out where their daddy has gone to and they also happen to be ladies who enjoy to commit the said burglaries in sexy, unpractical and so very 80's outfit.

Nothing revolutionary here yes but as i said, it's simple, it hits the nostalgia button, it takes place in the same universe than City Hunter (oh yeah baby, you can set up something here), it's kinda well known (especially in Asia and Europe and if you are at least 30) and it has a bit for everyone to enjoy.

Ah well, maybe it's a bit too old.

Astonishing Member

Videodrome of 80s fame would be absolutely epic if done on a big budget.
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-17-2021 at 01:10 PM.

1- I want to see one of the big boys take on...AKIRA by legendary artist/writer Katsuhiro Otomo. Needs to be big, done right & respect the original material like what Robert Rodriguez did with Battle Angel:Alita. Christopher Nolan has my blessings to direct AKIRA.

2- Also the epic BERSERK by Kentaro Miura (RIP) This is the next potential to reach LOTR like epic proportions. I would allow Peter Jackson to direct this.

3- If you know a better director for Ryuko by Eldo Yoshimizuthan than our favorite madlad, Quentin Tarantino then you need to speak up or forever shut your pie-hole.

4- I will allow legendary HK action director John Woo a chance to redeem his many, many, many past sins in Western films by directing BLACK LAGOON by Rei Hiroe. If Woo directs then you know who Chow Yun Fat is going to play in such a film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    1- I want to see one of the big boys take on...AKIRA by legendary artist/writer Katsuhiro Otomo. Needs to be big, done right & respect the original material like what Robert Rodriguez did with Battle Angel:Alita. Christopher Nolan has my blessings to direct AKIRA.

2- Also the epic BERSERK by Kentaro Miura (RIP) This is the next potential to reach LOTR like epic proportions. I would allow Peter Jackson to direct this.

3- If you know a better director for Ryuko by Eldo Yoshimizuthan than our favorite madlad, Quentin Tarantino then you need to speak up or forever shut your pie-hole.

4- I will allow legendary HK action director John Woo a chance to redeem his many, many, many past sins in Western films by directing BLACK LAGOON by Rei Hiroe. If Woo directs then you know who Chow Yun Fat is going to play in such a film.
    There was supposed to be a live action Akira movie a little over ten years ago. It was going to star Leo DeCaprio and Keanu Reeves. As much as I like those guys, I'm glad it got stuck in development and never came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Videodrome of 80s fame would be absolutely epic if done on a big budget.
    I have to politely and completely disagree here.

The "Absolutely Epic..." version of this film already exists.

While Cronenberg was obviously not entirely against remakes, I just can't see touching any of his work.

Even Existenz, where it was obviously a work a good bit ahead of it's time. While there's a case for it being relevant a second time, I'm just not so sure anything even in the original's ballpark would come of it.