Mighty Member

Default COVID affect on shows

When you watch shows can you notice anything different onscreen where you can tell they had to make adjustments because of COVID like with the MCU D+ shows or any other shows? I know some shows like Shameless and Last Man Standing have actually made COVID a part of the plot. I watched a show Big Shot. Finale was supposed to feature a big basketball game at the end, yet they didn't show the game and only showed the final shot. Then they had a party scene but some scenes only had two or three people. And do these adjustments hinder your enjoyment of the show?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    When you watch shows can you notice anything different onscreen where you can tell they had to make adjustments because of COVID like with the MCU D+ shows or any other shows? I know some shows like Shameless and Last Man Standing have actually made COVID a part of the plot. I watched a show Big Shot. Finale was supposed to feature a big basketball game at the end, yet they didn't show the game and only showed the final shot. Then they had a party scene but some scenes only had two or three people. And do these adjustments hinder your enjoyment of the show?
    Personally yes a little. All three Marvel shows you could tell a lot was restricted by Coivd. I still enjoyed them for what they were but you know scenes would have been way more filled out if covid wasn't happening.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Personally yes a little. All three Marvel shows you could tell a lot was restricted by Coivd. I still enjoyed them for what they were but you know scenes would have been way more filled out if covid wasn't happening.
    Can you give some examples?

Astonishing Member

Can you give some examples?
    Oh easy. If you watch FAWS. Many many scenes just taking place in empty buildings. Lots and Lots of one on one long conversations. Loki the same way. They even just ran a making of Loki on Disney plus and they were constantly working around covid. They couldn't fill out scenes with extras. If you watch that show with a few exceptions there are barely anyone on screen at any time. I still enjoyed them but they couldn't do what they wanted. I think you will really notice when these new shows come out and you will say wow look at this( well if some of the restrictions are lifted vaccine mandates etc)

Mighty Member

Oh easy. If you watch FAWS. Many many scenes just taking place in empty buildings. Lots and Lots of one on one long conversations. Loki the same way. They even just ran a making of Loki on Disney plus and they were constantly working around covid. They couldn't fill out scenes with extras. If you watch that show with a few exceptions there are barely anyone on screen at any time. I still enjoyed them but they couldn't do what they wanted. I think you will really notice when these new shows come out and you will say wow look at this( well if some of the restrictions are lifted vaccine mandates etc)
    Ok, so all we are talking about here are extras. Who watches shows for extras? You watch to follow the main characters. So, does having extras really matter for an MCU show? I think a workaround for the MCU if they haven't done it already would be inserting digital extras

Astonishing Member

Ok, so all we are talking about here are extras. Who watches shows for extras? You watch to follow the main characters. So, does having extras really matter for an MCU show? I think a workaround for the MCU if they haven't done it already would be inserting digital extras
    You need people to fill in the world. And yes they did that in some scenes but when you watch the shows if you look you can see how they are filming things. They do their best with what they can but you will notice when and if we get shows under a more normal environment I guarantee it.

Mighty Member

You need people to fill in the world. And yes they did that in some scenes but when you watch the shows if you look you can see how they are filming things. They do their best with what they can but you will notice when and if we get shows under a more normal environment I guarantee it.
    Yeah I think the MCU shows have an advantage because of bigger budgets where they can make some adjustments digitally. From what you described it doesn't sound too glaring. It's the smaller shows that are really affected like soaps. General Hospital a show all about love and romance doesn't even have kissing scenes with costars.

Walking Dead's "bonus" episodes last spring had a largely reduced cast; no big zombie herds or anything like that. One episode pretty much took place almost entirely in a boxcar.

In NCIS the wife of a supporting character died from COVID as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I notice in Duncanville that the dad Jack takes about their Stimulus check clearing. But other then that I havnt really noticed. But I dont watch a lot of live action shows.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Walking Dead's "bonus" episodes last spring had a largely reduced cast; no big zombie herds or anything like that. One episode pretty much took place almost entirely in a boxcar.

In NCIS the wife of a supporting character died from COVID as well.
    Ironic about TWD a show about a plague that breaks out and zombies start popping out....and the show can't even properly have a zombie herd, which is what the genre is known for.

The storyline just before had a large zombie herd (along with "imposter' zombies, the whisperers), although I think most of it was shot prior to the pandemic.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth