Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default S.T.R.I.K.E. PSI DIVISION Appreciation

S.T.R.I.K.E. PSI DIVISION Appreciation thread to discuss the newly resurrected and past members along with Pete Wisdom, and Betsy Braddock!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Thoughts about psychics on Marvel… With the exception of cybernetically enhanced humans and Moondragon, are all psychics mutants? There is also S.H.I.E.L.D’S Psi Division but not sure about their mutant status.

Perhaps the other members of STRIKE such as Avril were not resurrected because they weren’t mutants?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-25-2021 at 06:56 AM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

There are Input and Hijack from H.A.M.M.E.R., and the Caged Angels. None of them are confirmed mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Thoughts about psychics on Marvel… With the exception of cybernetically enhanced humans and Moondragon, are all psychics mutants? There is also S.H.I.E.L.D’S Psi Division but not sure about their mutant status.

Perhaps the other members of STRIKE such as Avril were not resurrected because they weren’t mutants?
    That's what I'm thinking, the other members like Avril and Stuart must not be mutants. Wisdom was likely looking into all of them as he was studying those papers.

I cannot wait for Betsy to see them, especially Tom. Her teammates were slaughtered and I never thought this would ever be addressed again.

Last edited by JB; 07-25-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The psi division was targeted because the crime lord Vixen had secretly took over S.T.R.I.K.E., and sent Slaymaster after the psi division in order to silence them because they were the only ones to realize the infiltration. Several of the remaining members went on the run which included Tom and Betsy and their friends Alison Double, Vicki Reppion and Avril Davis.

Slaymaster found the group and killed Vicki and Avril before Captain Britain was able to arrive and defeat him. The psi-division's survivors Tom, Betsy and Alison then moved into Braddock Manor for a time in order to hide and for Alison to recuperate.

When the Prime Minister James Jaspers was putting paranormal humans in internment camps, the psi's were forced to go into hiding. Alison developed a fever and had to be cared for by her friends, but Jaspers' agents, the Beetles, eventually found them. Tom sent the others ahead without him as he faced the soldiers alone, who then murdered him as he was in telepathic contact with Betsy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Knowing absolutely nothing other than what was revealed subsequent to the Excalibur issue...I'm very interested in these characters and in seeing what Tini does with them.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Knowing absolutely nothing other than what was revealed subsequent to the Excalibur issue...I'm very interested in these characters and in seeing what Tini does with them.
    It's quite the deep, deep dive so I must give props to Tini. Perhaps once the Coven is defeated S.T.R.I.K.E. can make an official comeback. They had a cool undersea base.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Will be very interesting to see both Brian and (particularly) Betsy interacting with them.

Still freaked out that both Jaspers and The Fury are out there unsupervised!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

As a huge fan of psychics I would drool over a series that focused on S.T.R.I.K.E but I'm also pessimistic. The X-men telepaths are the top dogs of the Marvel U.

I don't want it if Bets and a few other X psychics weren't at the head of it. None of that using an "X-men" centric concept to force Marvel U characters into more important roles.

Ultimate Member

Moondragon, as you mention, but also Mantis and 'Bob, the Uranian' (of Agents of Atlas) are some of the examples of non-mutant humans who learned telepathy from aliens.

Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, Loki, Amora, Clea, Dakimh the Enchanter, Jennifer Kale and Dr. Druid are some of the many examples of magicians who were trained to use telepathy as part of their mystical training. (Others, like Shaman, Ilyanna, Nico Minoru, Hellstrom, etc. received less 'classical' training, and may not have learned telepathy as part of their training.)

And, as you say, there have been 'sensitives' working on and off for SHIELD, or various other entities (a 'psychic sensitive' who worked for the Mandarin or Hand was used in the original downloading of Psylocke into Kwannon and vice-versa, and we have no idea if the old dude was a mutant, a Hand mystic, someone empowered by the Mandarin's mento-intensifier ring (which can ALSO awaken psychic power in regular folk), or a 'garden-variety psychic') for years, who may or may not be mutants...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-25-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Moondragon, as you mention, but also Mantis and 'Bob, the Uranian' (of Agents of Atlas) are some of the examples of non-mutant humans who learned telepathy from aliens.

Dr. Strange, Baron Mordo, Loki, Amora, Clea, Dakimh the Enchanter, Jennifer Kale and Dr. Druid are some of the many examples of magicians who were trained to use telepathy as part of their mystical training. (Others, like Shaman, Ilyanna, Nico Minoru, Hellstrom, etc. received less 'classical' training, and may not have learned telepathy as part of their training.)

And, as you say, there have been 'sensitives' working on and off for SHIELD, or various other entities (a 'psychic sensitive' who worked for the Mandarin or Hand was used in the original downloading of Psylocke into Kwannon and vice-versa, and we have no idea if the old dude was a mutant, a Hand mystic, someone empowered by the Mandarin's mento-intensifier ring (which can ALSO awaken psychic power in regular folk), or a 'garden-variety psychic') for years, who may or may not be mutants...
    Sundragon also.

I’d be down for a STRIKE title if we had a writer like Zeb Wells who could spotlight unknowns very well.

Hellcat has minor psychic abilities and is not a mutant. Bobbi Morse also did in her first, pre-Mockingbird appearance, but that randomly was dropped after that.

Let Birdy, Rem Ram, Scanner, and Tag join in. S.T.R.I.K.E. being full of psychic and psychic adjacent mutants on Krakoa would be so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Let Birdy, Rem Ram, Scanner, and Tag join in. S.T.R.I.K.E. being full of psychic and psychic adjacent mutants on Krakoa would be so much fun.
    + TK's Skein, Poltergeist & Link!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura