Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I've been reading Green Lantern for decades and we've never seen a version of the GLC like that, because it simply wouldn't be possible without some massive retconning that I wouldn't want them to do. I wouldn't want to go into too much specifics so as not to spoil any of those reveals for new readers, though. Suffice it say, that's a very different version of the GLC, in addition to the more cynical Hal Jordan.
    Spoilers for Green Lantern Earth One
    spoilers:
    what do you mean? A destroyed lantern corps. Guardians missing. Hal jordan has to create a rag tag group of lanterns and go around the galaxy convincing people to be their individual sheriffs for each sector by themselves. The only big change I recall is that the manhunters were created after the GLC to stop them. And of course that the traitor guardian has also happened before.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    storywise each volume was just not as good as one before it.
    Wow, you're the first person I've seen with that opinion. I thought it was universal that each volume of Wonder Woman EO was better than the previous one, with volume 3 being by far the most solid reimagining of the character.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Spoilers for Green Lantern Earth One
    spoilers:
    what do you mean? A destroyed lantern corps. Guardians missing. Hal jordan has to create a rag tag group of lanterns and go around the galaxy convincing people to be their individual sheriffs for each sector by themselves. The only big change I recall is that the manhunters were created after the GLC to stop them. And of course that the traitor guardian has also happened before.
    end of spoilers
    I was referring to spoilers:
    the idea that the Corps had been destroyed centuries ago before Hal even discovered the ring, which was a new twist that made those older retreads feel fresh and new, as were the vastly depowered nature of the Lanterns in general
    end of spoilers Plus, Hardman's art and design work was fantastic. There's a reason he's so in demand as a Hollywood storyboard artist. The chorography of the action sequences alone were worth the price of the books alone.

That said, if it didn't work for you, there's nothing I can say that'll change your mind. Art either connects with you or it doesn't.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wow, you're the first person I've seen with that opinion. I thought it was universal that each volume of Wonder Woman EO was better than the previous one, with volume 3 being by far the most solid reimagining of the character.
    Agreed. I think Morrison was clearly struggling with Marston's ideas, but got better and better as the series went on. Volume 3 is the best of the bunch and free of a lot of the missteps that marred the first two.

I was referring to spoilers:
    the idea that the Corps had been destroyed centuries ago before Hal even discovered the ring, which was a new twist that made those older retreads feel fresh and new, as were the vastly depowered nature of the Lanterns in general
    end of spoilers Plus, Hardman's art and design work was fantastic. There's a reason he's so in demand as a Hollywood storyboard artist. The chorography of the action sequences alone were worth the price of the books alone.

That said, if it didn't work for you, there's nothing I can say that'll change your mind. Art either connects with you or it doesn't.
    Yeah fair enough.

I've only read batman ad the green lantern one (which I enjoyed a lot) and batman 3 sucks! All the good stuff and interesting things about the first two books were just tossed and it plummeted into a stupid mess.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Agreed. I think Morrison was clearly struggling with Marston's ideas, but got better and better as the series went on. Volume 3 is the best of the bunch and free of a lot of the missteps that marred the first two.
    Yeah, they even seem to somewhat walk back on the decision to have Hercules be her biological father, and put more emphasis on Hippolyta creating her from clay. Or at least made it ambiguous, and the creation/rebirth of her mother as Arda Moore is done without a father. The Amazon displays of misandry is also limited to Artemis and the New Sparta Amazons, but since they are stand ins for Bana-Mighdall that isn't as much different than regular canon anyway. And they still go along with Diana's goals of stamping our the patriarchy but not men in general.

I still feel ripped off that we aren't getting Cheetah and Villainy Inc in that universe, it doesn't feel complete without them or Circe.