Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just going to note that it's not current Thor, and he doesn't have Stormbreaker.
    Actually, I tweaked the OP so while it's the line-up circa Civil War, they get Endgame feats. So, in this case he should have it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Actually, I tweaked the OP so while it's the line-up circa Civil War, they get Endgame feats. So, in this case he should have it.
    So, not just feats but equipment? *checks* Yep.

Okay, then Darkshine is going to have a lot harder time. The axe goes right through Thanos - chops into his chest, cuts his head clean off. If he's at least in the ballpark of Darkshine's durability, then the axe IS going to damage Darkshine. If they're roughly equal, it's a killshot.

Between that, the Hulk to keep Darkshine busy for a time, Strange to at least maybe hold Darkshine down with the non-named 'Crimson Bands', etc, I'm not sanguine on his chances any more (unless someone comes in and proves Darkshine is tremendously more durable than Thanos).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-27-2021 at 04:37 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, I've been procrastinating at work and, as a lot of Darkshine's feats are derived from his comparison to Garou, I've been looking at the kind of stuff Garou was doing prior to him fighting Darkshine.

Now, couple of important things to note here.

1) Garou grew significantly during his fight with Darkshine. He went from having a really hard tanking Darkshine's blows, as seen in the serious tackle posted above which basically obliterated his rib cage, to eating a dual fist strike, sliding back and then coming back harder than ever.

2) Despite the fight quickly devolving into the much faster and more skillful Garou wailing on Darkshine with impunity - for all the hits he lands on him, he doesn't do any damage beyond superficial. Part of the reason Darkshine loses so badly here is that his mental state collapses in fear of the prospect of losing.

So, to talk about Garou, right before he fought Darkshine. He has some wild feats of durability and strength to his name. The following are essentially all back to back, gauntlet style:

- Takes a blast from Overgrown Rover that puts him through multiple floors of the underground fortress.
    - Takes a second blast from Rover, which puts him through more floors to an even deeper level. This one causes a localised earthquake and demolishes buildings on the top floor.
    - Takes a shitload of beams from Orochi which melt stone on contact and cut through it like a hot knife through cheese.
    - Blocks a punch from Orochi, at least temporarily This hurls him into a stone wall which he hits so hard he leaves a faceprint at the bottom of the crater where he hit. Bear in mind, when faced with Darkshine's serious tackle, he specifically was like "Welp, I can't block this,"

And, when his limiter begins to open and Garou explicitly exceeds the power level displayed above, the hardest hit he does (a palm strike on counter hit):

...which puts Darkshine through a few walls but doesn't do much more than basically knock the wind out of Darkshine and causes him to cough up a small amount of blood. Garou hits him dozens and dozens of times and despite it hurting a bit, Darkshine is specifically noted as being unhurt by this because his defence is so high.

So, more context on the previously shown feats.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Bit of a stretch on the first bit.

The most you can really say is that when Hulk started to choke him, he groaned. Otherwise, getting knocked around by punches in no way means he took damage. To compare, Tony hit him harder than he'd been hit previous (drew blood) and all it did was turn Thanos' head.

Other than that, Thanos casually overpowers a Hulk (grabs the Hulk who is trying to choke him, and casually overpowers the grip and flips it, to Hulk's surprise); who at this point is batting at last on par with "decks space whale" at which point one solid blow from Thanos causes Hulk to stagger backwards, and then Thanos picks him apart and beats him unconscious with contemptuous ease.

Agree otherwise.
    I mean, it doesn't mean he didn't take damage either. You can't say he ignored them on the basis that we don't really know. Hulk throws punches and every one that lands staggers Thanos. I think it's actually pretty notable that once Thanos starts fighting back, he either dodges or redirects everything Hulk does, and that's basically the only time he ever does that. It's not like he's standing there with Hulk's fists bouncing off him. It certainly means he didn't ignore them. I mean compare it with how he treats Thor blindsiding him a few seconds later.

As for "casually overpowering Hulk," I think that's exaggerating. Again, he is clearly stronger by a good margin, but he doesn't just brush Hulk's chokehold off, he steadily forces the guy's hands back (IIRC we even hear him grunt with the effort). I might not call it a *struggle* but I wouldn't say it was casual.

Thanos viciously wrecks Hulk, but not by being a Dragon Ball category beyond him.

Edit: Again though, I'm neither arguing that Thor wouldn't be able to kill Darkshine or that Thanos isn't beyond him in durability, just that I can't think of anything putting Darkshine out of range of Stormbreaker being able to hurt him.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-27-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands