Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Super Alloy Darkshine (One Punchman) versus the MCU Avengers

Kind of just musing on what a single big strong boy can do.

Scenario: Darkshine is dropped into MCU New York circa the beginning of Civil War before the accords were actioned and his aim to is to smash as much stuff as possible. The Avengers, or more broadly the heroes/denizens of MCU Earth, have to stop him by capture, elimination or removal.

- He has been dimensionally tethered to the MCU Earth so he can't be BFR'd via teleportation (Bifrost, Sling Ring or Mirror Dimension). He can be space-tossed if they can engineer that scenario.

- The nominal crew of Avengers (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow, War Machine) are all in the Avengers tower so they are first on the scene. Spider-Man is also around let's say but he's not part of the team at this time. All characters get feats/equipment from up to present day continuity with the exception of Wanda who doesn't get her Wandavision stuff.

Can they stop him? How much damage to NYC/North America does he do before being stopped?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-26-2021 at 09:56 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Based on what I remember, there's a whole bunch of people here who are worthless against him...

I forget - how's his speed? Any feats?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Based on what I remember, there's a whole bunch of people here who are worthless against him...

I forget - how's his speed? Any feats?
    Nothing massive to speak of.

Dude is a brick's brick like.

He manages to tag people with some levels of superspeed, mostly by super-armouring through their attacks and hitting a big old counter sort of thing. Looking through his stuff, he does tag an unconscious Garou (he can fight at a reduced capacity while unconscious) mid-blitz attempt and he's like a high-end bullet timer.

His big tackle attack thing also seems to be a very quick single direction dash type thing, though it's worth noting Garou got hit because he figured he could deflect it and Darkshine was too strong for his technique at that time.

But other than that he's certainly not presented as having much in the way of superspeed. He's very quick for his size, he's built like a slightly smaller Hulk in terms of dimensions.

How does he max out for Strength and Durability? He's S-Class, high-end, if I recall correctly, and that group is pretty insane. If his thing is durability and strength, it's quite possibly in excess of anything the Avengers can deal with.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    How does he max out for Strength and Durability? He's S-Class, high-end, if I recall correctly, and that group is pretty insane. If his thing is durability and strength, it's quite possibly in excess of anything the Avengers can deal with.
    Like I says, he's a brick among bricks in the series.

I'll pull some scans together for funzies.

STRENGTH

Would loosely pitch him at like Class 60 - 70 probably? Some of that is contextual from scaling and the like so the scans might not reflect it cleanly.

- Lifts a train car.
    - Pastes monsters with a casual slap.
    - One punches Bug God, basically atomising his upper body. Bug God is durable enough that he was completely unhurt by pre-awakened Garou attacking him.
    - Puts Garou through several stone walls with a body check.
    - Impact of him doing a serious tackle on Garou.

DURABILITY
    - "Harder than steel" drills can't pierce his flesh.
    - Large chunk of concrete falls on him, he doesn't care.
    - Tanks a blitz from Garou - this set of attacks does literally nothing to him. Garou at this point is like... Class... 50... ish perhaps? I'd need to review his feats for context.
    - A high pressure water monster who can blast through stone and steel without issue is just a refreshing shower for him. (couldn't be bothered to find the scan for this lol)
    - A super powerful acid that instantly melted through stone, metal and humans only burned away the top layer of his skin.

For further textual context (since I am meant to be working right now)

Tank Top Master and Puri Puri Prisoner are the bottom end of S Class, they have feats like throwing a telephone pylon across a city, lifting significant chunks of buildings to chuck them at a spaceship above them, trading blows with monsters who level skyscrapers with their hits without going down and other such wildness.

Pre-Awakening Garou beat the heck out of Tank Top Master and hurt him quite easily with his normal attacks. Darkshine doesn't care about Awakening Garou going ham on him and just bounces through him.

Puri Puri Prisoner, at one point, attacks Darkshine with everything he has and it does nothing to him.

Dude is wicked durable and strong.

Okay, then.

I am REALLY iffy on the Avengers being capable of doing anything to this guy.

Anyone below Ironman - including War Machine - is completely worthless here for anything except 'distraction'. And I don't think that Ironman himself can do better than 'scratch his paintjob' or the like.

Hulk isn't beating him outright, and I expect any fight between Hulk and Darkshine goes about as well as Hulk versus Thanos.

Thor...I can't really see Thor doing a whole lot better than Hulk, especially since he'll need to get in close to hit him (I honestly don't think Thor's lightning - circa Avengers is going to do anything here except make Darkshine even shinier). At which point he gets beaten down.

Maybe Strange can do something. I'm struggling to think of what, outside of 'distraction', since dimension dumping or the like is off the table.

Carol isn't even HERE. And by the time she arrives, everything will be over, at least in the city. Granted, at some point she WILL arrive if Fury activates her signal, and she's perfectly capable of grabbing Darkshine and bringing him up to orbit - I would put her at least strong enough to contend with him, tough enough to tank a few hits, and all she needs to do is grab and fly.

So I guess that's my feeling on what stops him - basically, the best the other heroes can hope to do is delay him, or get smooshed. After that, it's 'Darkshine continues his rampage until at some nebulous time, days/weeks later, Carol shows up and hoofs him off the planet.'

Mileage may vary... ^_^
    Why are we here?

Made some adjustments to the OP beef up the MCU side a little.

Also, Thor is pretty wildly strong, not nearly as durable but strength seems in the same kind of ballpark.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

While he has little speed feats the ones he does have out do the MCU by alot. Him even reacting to Garou on defense and his attacks on offense that landed on Garou put him out of everyone's range in the MCU.

Even if speed were equalized he has seen and fought enough Martial Artists to give him a comfortable experience advantage so in a straight up Hulk vs Thanos brawl I don't see Hulk or Thor doing anything that suprises him or makes him doubt himself, especially after what Garou did to him in their fight. Compared to that Hulk and Thor (I don't see anyone besides them and CapMrvl to be a threat) don't seem as insurmountable imo.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thor lightning spam might do it. Thor can do it while flying as well, I think. If that doesn't however, i guess the best plan is Thor and Hulk and distracting the guy while Tony preps something. Gasses or burying him in glue or something might work.

Strange... It's hard to say. His actual feats in combat aren't nearly on the level to hurt the guy based on damage done, buuuuuuut Thanos with 4 stones had quite the struggle with the guy. Strange also has the time stone, so a loop like he did to Dormammu would stop the damage. Also, using portals to chop him into pieces isn't specifically outlawed - just don't send the pieces out of the city.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I seem to recall Thanos throwing a mini-black hole at Strange and the good Doctor transmuting it into a flock of butterflies or something.

Transmutation seems like it may be an option*. In a scenario he could also pull an Ancient One vs Hulk in Endgame and throw the guy into his astral form.

*Though Strange never pulled that on living beings that I recall even when it would have been useful I.e. against Maw.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I think current Thor /w Stormbreaker can probably at least wound him without getting into his melee space, and Darkshine's reaction to being hurt is compulsive and strong enough that it probably falls under CIS as a valid weakness, so that's probably all they need. Wanda can probably pull it off too. I don't think anyone else here can hurt him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

Is he massively more durable than Thanos, because Thor chopped pretty deep into Thanos with Stormbreaker in Infinity War. Thanos basically ignored shots from Hulk who one punched a leviathan.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Is he massively more durable than Thanos, because Thor chopped pretty deep into Thanos with Stormbreaker in Infinity War. Thanos basically ignored shots from Hulk who one punched a leviathan.
    I dunno if I'd equate the punches Hulk was throwing at Thanos with his Leviathan one, and Thanos definitely didn't ignore them. He gets knocked around by basically every solid punch that Hulk lands, but once he starts actually fighting back, he just completely outfights Bruce and doesn't take anymore hits. He definitely comes off as overall superior to the Hulk, but not quite to the point of no-selling, more to where it's like watching Mike Tyson fight a body builder. As for comparative durability, I'm not really deep diving here. I just know Darkshine's been basically invincible (recent fights notwithstanding) up against heavy enough hitters that I think he's sitting somewhere between none of the Avengers being able to hurt him, and Thor /w Stormbreaker probably being able to hurt him. And since that's all I think it really takes to beat him, I don't think exactly how much Thor can hurt him matters, just that he probably can.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-26-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I dunno if I'd equate the punches Hulk was throwing at Thanos with his Leviathan one, and Thanos definitely didn't ignore them. He gets knocked around by basically every solid punch that Hulk lands, but once he starts actually fighting back, he just completely outfights Bruce and doesn't take anymore hits. He definitely comes off as overall superior to the Hulk, but not quite to the point of no-selling, more to where it's like watching Mike Tyson fight a body builder. As for comparative durability, I'm not really deep diving here. I just know Darkshine's been basically invincible (recent fights notwithstanding) up against heavy enough hitters that I think he's sitting somewhere between none of the Avengers being able to hurt him, and Thor /w Stormbreaker probably being able to hurt him. And since that's all I think it really takes to beat him, I don't think exactly how much Thor can hurt him matters, just that he probably can.
    Bit of a stretch on the first bit.

The most you can really say is that when Hulk started to choke him, he groaned. Otherwise, getting knocked around by punches in no way means he took damage. To compare, Tony hit him harder than he'd been hit previous (drew blood) and all it did was turn Thanos' head.

Other than that, Thanos casually overpowers a Hulk (grabs the Hulk who is trying to choke him, and casually overpowers the grip and flips it, to Hulk's surprise); who at this point is batting at last on par with "decks space whale" at which point one solid blow from Thanos causes Hulk to stagger backwards, and then Thanos picks him apart and beats him unconscious with contemptuous ease.

Agree otherwise.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I think current Thor /w Stormbreaker can probably at least wound him without getting into his melee space, and Darkshine's reaction to being hurt is compulsive and strong enough that it probably falls under CIS as a valid weakness, so that's probably all they need. Wanda can probably pull it off too. I don't think anyone else here can hurt him.
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Just going to note that it's not current Thor, and he doesn't have Stormbreaker. EDIT: Am now aware that Nik edited the OP, so yeah, axe is a go.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-27-2021 at 04:28 AM.
    Why are we here?