Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Good piece! Definitely looking forward to Storm's reign as the regent of Arakko. I also like the idea of her having closer ties to Doom. There aren't a lot of characters in the Marvel Universe who Doom genuinely respects. Storm is one of them. She's been a goddess. She's been a queen. She understands what it takes to lead and rule an entire people. In that sense, he can relate to her and she can relate to him in ways few can equal. I hope this means Doom shows up more frequently in the future X-Books.
    Really hoping Doom becomes a fixture here or in Guardians. I think the next meeting between Storm/Doom should be in Latveria because it is time the mutant situation there get addressed.

Beyond that a few things stand out to me. A years worth of story planned? Yay!

And Wanda would actually have no story until the AU Darkhold had Al Ewing not dropped a seed for Wanda/Magneto being addressed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Wow that was probably my favorite Xmen Monday lol Ewing def knows his stuff. And I like that the SWORD book will be exploring more of Planet Arakko and the fact that he even has plans for them going into next year.

It also sounds like Brand and Storm might butt heads over how to deal with the mutants on Arrako.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really hoping Doom becomes a fixture here or in Guardians. I think the next meeting between Storm/Doom should be in Latveria because it is time the mutant situation there get addressed.
    Agreed. And not just Latveria. The *world* needs to come to terms with how they are going to deal with the concept of mutants of their various nations, including Marvel-nations like Wakanda and Atlantis, but also including 'real' nations with some sketchy relations to their mutant citizens like Russia and China and the United States and Britain, just up and leaving them for Krakoa, and *Krakoa* is going to have to go in harder on Marauders-type missions to 'extract' mutants who aren't being allowed to leave (while flexing soft power through X-Corps-type initiatives to punish / disincentivize the governments that are mistreating their mutant populations).

It will be interesting to see if Doom makes a bold first move, compared to various other nations, telling the Latverian mutant population that they have a choice, remain Latverian and develop through his own academy, or leave for Krakoa *and never come back.* ('Cause he doesn't sound like a big fan of 'dual citizenship' and the squiffy loyalty that suggests, nor the security nightmare that would be a permanent Krakoan gate being used to teleport people and material in and out of Latveria willy-nilly...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. And not just Latveria. The *world* needs to come to terms with how they are going to deal with the concept of mutants of their various nations, including Marvel-nations like Wakanda and Atlantis, but also including 'real' nations with some sketchy relations to their mutant citizens like Russia and China and the United States and Britain, just up and leaving them for Krakoa, and *Krakoa* is going to have to go in harder on Marauders-type missions to 'extract' mutants who aren't being allowed to leave (while flexing soft power through X-Corps-type initiatives to punish / disincentivize the governments that are mistreating their mutant populations).

It will be interesting to see if Doom makes a bold first move, compared to various other nations, telling the Latverian mutant population that they have a choice, remain Latverian and develop through his own academy, or leave for Krakoa *and never come back.* ('Cause he doesn't sound like a big fan of 'dual citizenship' and the squiffy loyalty that suggests, nor the security nightmare that would be a permanent Krakoan gate being used to teleport people and material in and out of Latveria willy-nilly...)
    Yeah it definitely does need to be addressed. I mean hate and fear are fine when we are talking on a human level but with Arrako and Sol now on the galactic radar they are going to have to have a come to jesus moment on some of their policies even if it is public, that includes non mutant super powers because at this point if i am running a country i am starting a super powered outreach program. I am using some of that money i saved from health to create super hero subsidies and recruiting programs to implement into my army proper. lol

Doom would definitely be a here or there type.

You mentioning the marauders and them going into outer space during what seems like most of inferno makes me think there needs to be some galatic form of the maraduers. I mean though mysterium can only be created by mutants, what is being done to address the black market out there? and can krakoan pharmaceuticals have benefits for alien races? I don't see why something can't be developed based on them for other species.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

this interview slayed my soul. I'm truly speechless. thank you Mr. Ewing I'm so very excited to see what he has in store for her!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this interview slayed my soul. I'm truly speechless. thank you Mr. Ewing I'm so very excited to see what he has in store for her!
    Your question was all diplomatic and shiz too.

I was sitting there imagining you like.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-26-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Your question was all diplomatic and shiz too.

I was sitting there imagining you like.
    diplomatic?? how so boo lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    diplomatic?? how so boo lolol
    It just sounded all professional like Gale interviewing somebody. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It just sounded all professional like Gale interviewing somebody. lol
    lmfak that made me scream out loud lol

I sincerely love the respect this man is giving Coates run. writers take note. you can give other writers their props while still telling the story you want to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And this...

We’re going to be fleshing out the Arakkii. I have pretty much the entire next year planned ahead, and that’s going to involve some big shifts in things — but I can promise that we have no plans to move backward, or shuffle the Arakkii off to the sidelines. We’ve got big plans for them, and I’m personally doing a lot of planning work on that front even as we speak.

So saith my new God of the Cosmic Realms
    Absolutely phenomenal. And I loved everything he had to say about Storm. My body is ready.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ewing just excites me the most out of everyone in the X-Stable.

I'm bored of all the OG writers. Zeb and Al are just awesome.

YESSSSSS to giving him another title of the X-Men but I feel like he has so many going already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by devaishwarya View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/26/x-...ing-interview/

the best xmm interview in forever...or at least, since si spurrier's.

He really, really knows his stuff. And showed that vast range of knowledge in his thoughtful and insightful responses.

A high-light for me is the following:

aipt: Going back to this week’s s.w.o.r.d. #7 — x-fan @ororoswind said this will be the first time you extensively write storm. Can you talk about your relationship with the character and what you were the most looking forward to exploring? What are some of the key defining traits of the character you hope to bring forward with your portrayal of the new regent of arakko?

al: If i tell you that my first exposure to storm — and a whole bunch of other marvel heroes — was in the u.k. Reprints of secret wars, the original, that should date me pretty exactly. (and those british reprints barreled right into the sequel, so it’s where i got my love of spider-man teaching cosmic entities to defecate.) real u.s.-sized american comics were harder to get hold of then, so by the time i got into claremont x-men and got what i’d consider my proper introduction to the character, she was powerless and beating up cyclops in the danger room. And i don’t care what retcons said about that fight later — storm won it hands down, no mitigating circumstances or “oh, subconsciously cyclops blah blah blah.” i read it with my own two eyes. I was there. Storm won.

now, obviously, those unpowered days are long gone — i’m thinking up new weather stunts for storm daily and taking suggestions from other x-office members on cool things she can do with her powers. (and some old classics — i do enjoy the occasional judiciously applied bolt of lightning.) i want to stress that i am writing a very powerful version of storm, with the goddess cred she got from the black panther run, so fans don’t panic too hard when i say that my core sense of the character springs largely from that particular issue and time period — the strength of will she showed to not just be in the x-men with no powers, but to lead them. I can’t really express how cool that was, and how cool it made the x-men seem, that the actual, factual all-caps leader of the x-men had no mutant powers at all, but was still unquestionably the best person for the job. She’d proven it, they all knew it, end of story. It’s not just informed how i think of storm, it’s informed how i think of all superheroes — that they’re so much more than the powers.

to reiterate for the nervous — storm is absolutely going to be using her incredibly powerful weather manipulation abilities in various exciting and visually satisfying ways. But i plan to do the best job i can on all the other stuff, too.

...and that we're going to be getting more arakkii!!!

Attachment 111850
    al ewing! Al ewing! He is about to do what needs to be done!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Ewing just excites me the most out of everyone in the X-Stable.

I'm bored of all the OG writers. Zeb and Al are just awesome.

YESSSSSS to giving him another title of the X-Men but I feel like he has so many going already.
    Yeah I know this man is STRESSED slaying the game across the Marvel Universe. I could definitely see him as next Head of X, especially if this evolution of the SWORD title goes well.

Ewing is definitely the most ambitious writer in the stable, and the only one giving me Queen Ororo content so I hope he’s granted enough time to see his plans come to fruition. May the powers above bless S.W.O.R.D. with the same immunity to cancellation that other x-books have enjoyed *cough* Excalibur *cough*

More Storm AND more Arakkii definitely has made my Monday. So happy the Arakkii will be fleshed out more. Can't wait to see what he has in store.