Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Agreed. I want more Ewing in the X-line.

Also, I really hope he gives Cable a Mysterium upgrade to his metal arm. Because, well, it would be rad. That’s why.
    What are its long term effects? We don’t even know if it’s radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    What are its long term effects? We don’t even know if it’s radioactive.
    We do know it's not radioactive, it said so in the issue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We do know it's not radioactive, it said so in the issue.
    Agent Brand said. A spy.

Yeah, just going off what’s been said in the comics it seems safe. And Cable’s AI, Belle, would run a scan and could warn him in the event that it wasn’t for some reason.

I just thought it’d be cool if Nathan got his arm upgraded with this new mutant “miracle metal”, assuming he continues appearing in SWORD now as the adult version.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

They offered it as currency and building material...so it's clearly not radioactive. I don't know how they could make that distinction any clearer.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah, just going off what’s been said in the comics it seems safe. And Cable’s AI, Belle, would run a scan and could warn him in the event that it wasn’t for some reason.

I just thought it’d be cool if Nathan got his arm upgraded with this new mutant “miracle metal”, assuming he continues appearing in SWORD now as the adult version.
    Lowkey i'm hoping he is. I don't talk about it much but some of my fondest x-men memories is the story they were hinting Storm/Cable where she ended up "dying" and cable was absolutely gutted and when she returned she had the hair cut and was shy that cable complimented her. I think at that time i remember cable thinking she smelt like sandlewood or something like that i can't remember so a part of me has always kind of wanted to see cable/storm explored.

In particular the candle scene stands out in my mind.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-27-2021 at 08:09 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Agent Brand said. A spy.
    No it was actually used. The data pages said what it was used for and later issues such as the latest GOTG have talked about how it is already stabilizing the galactic economy. At least read the books.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lowkey i'm hoping he is. I don't talk about it much but some of my fondest x-men memories is the story they were hinting Storm/Cable where she ended up "dying" and cable was absolutely gutted and when she returned she had the hair cut and was shy that cable complimented her. I think at that time i remember cable thinking she smelt like sandlewood or something like that i can't remember so a part of me has always kind of wanted to see cable/storm explored.

The awkwardness of dating your besties son . Also wasn’t Major X about their AU child?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The awkwardness of dating your besties son . Also wasn’t Major X about their AU child?
    Major x?

^___^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Man, I really loved those issues and that period as well. Not even so much for the potential Storm/Cable romance which was kind of being hinted at, or at least there seemed to be some flirtation and attraction, but rather just because it was the first time — outside of his parents and Cannonball — that Cable seemed to be bonding with another X-man. I mean, the guy has been around for over 30 years and he’s led X-Force, an X-team splinter faction, as well as been a full-fledged X-man. And while he plays some cards close to the vest, he’s often been portrayed as someone with lots of relationships outside of the X-men. So why hasn’t he had more meaningful interactions and friendships with other X-men? I suppose because writers just haven’t explored that, but I always wanted to see it and that’s why I really loved those issues and those interactions with Storm. Just for the friendship.

And I would love to see that friendship, and mutual respect for one another as leaders and teammates, rekindled in SWORD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah, I think the ship has sailed on any relationship between OG Cable and Storm, which is probably for the best honestly. We don’t need Major X in continuity. Ha.

Agent Brand said. A spy.
    All the galactic societies have tested it and say it's the bee's knees.

Sounds fun to me. P.S. It's cool to see Cable on the Marvel homepage for "This Week's New Comics".

Major x?

^___^
    LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Loved this interview, he gets Storm and will give her justice.

I am grateful he pushed so much to tackle the Wanda and Magneto and the pretender issue, I just hope we get a good resolution for that story.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-27-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Fantastic Member

i really thinks it time to make the switch ewing hinted at it...another poster suggested it and with storm and cable now full time in the book its time for this book to morph into uncanny x-men. Sword is one of the best x-books but it just does not sell. Whether its becasue theres no x in the title or people still remember gillens awful sword book which sold even worse im not sure. I heard from a few people we may get a change after issue 11 but have no idea what it may become

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i really thinks it time to make the switch ewing hinted at it...another poster suggested it and with storm and cable now full time in the book its time for this book to morph into uncanny x-men. Sword is one of the best x-books but it just does not sell. Whether its becasue theres no x in the title or people still remember gillens awful sword book which sold even worse im not sure. I heard from a few people we may get a change after issue 11 but have no idea what it may become
    That would be cool. This book deserves to sell, so if a name change like that would help, I’m all for it.

Where did Ewing hint at this, though? I must’ve missed that.

Ewing def deserves Uncanny. His title is the only one living up to HoXPoX era expectaions.

I mean with world building and character development.

Honestly most of these titles need a refresh.

But SWORD is morphing into becoming the only exciting series of the Reign of X.

I hope Zeb Wells gets to do a lot more w Hellions as well.