Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I blame it for leading to the conception of TV fatties.

What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most of the Barneyhate was a product of the 90s, shortly into the 2000s no one cared anymore.
    Not sure about that. I was in school during that time and that stuff was still going strong probably late into the 2000s.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Because he's more of a man than I'll ever be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I prefer my T-Rex as fluffy and murder chicken

In all seriousness, it was the 90's and everything perceived to be too innocent and sacrosanct was slammed pretty hard.
    This is it basically.

The 90s was the "edge lord" decade.

There was probably too much singing tbqh

You guys ever see the movie "Death to Smoochy"? It is basically about Barney and it is amazing. It is with Edward Norton and Robin Williams. I thought it was a great dark comedy. I don t know why this thread make me think of that movie all of a sudden but I am now smiling after thinking about it.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Daniel Kaluuya had an interesting response in an interview about why he's producing a Barney film. The message of loving other people is kind of radical, and that can be off-putting.

It's something many of us liked as very young kids, and then were embarrassed by. Older posters might be frustrated by younger relatives watching it all the time and singing the cloying songs.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Been thinking about it, do we have any idea what post may have triggered this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Daniel Kaluuya had an interesting response in an interview about why he's producing a Barney film. The message of loving other people is kind of radical, and that can be off-putting.

It's something many of us liked as very young kids, and then were embarrassed by. Older posters might be frustrated by younger relatives watching it all the time and singing the cloying songs.
    This sounds like a "Barney Done Right". The Barney show lacked appeal for older viewers and went straight for young kids and young kids only. Throwing Squirrel Girl's run by Ryan North out here, this was a series that had a very wholesome message, seemed overly simplistic, but was LOADED with content that appealed to more jaded experienced readers.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Been thinking about it, do we have any idea what post may have triggered this thread?
    Have seen other threads created by Tyrannoraptor?
    * Should i lower my guard against a haunting if it's said that ghosts don't exist?
    * Imagine getting stung by honey bees & mauled by a grizzly bear at the same time?
    * Could the fastest electric wheelchair help to outrun lions, tigers &/or wolves?
    And many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Have seen other threads created by Tyrannoraptor?
    * Should i lower my guard against a haunting if it's said that ghosts don't exist?
    * Imagine getting stung by honey bees & mauled by a grizzly bear at the same time?
    * Could the fastest electric wheelchair help to outrun lions, tigers &/or wolves?
    And many, many more.
    Dont forget the overweight mean woman tricking a guy into dating her. And the Killing and pulling wings off of mosquitos threads
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

At a certain point, the singing on that show becomes auditory LEGO caltrops for the inner ears of the parents (and older siblings) of that time.

Beyond that, no reason for hate.

No reason to hate LEGOs, either, except stepping on them. I hear LEGOs are the most hated toy brand, worldwide.

Edit: but supposedly, the actor is into tantric healing. Not enough to cause hate, but a little creepy for me. Whatever makes consenting adults happy.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 10-03-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier