A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 6: Jcogginsa vs Cleric Of Hells Brigade

Here we go!

Voting and debate rules:

- To avoid mass unreadable debate, each participant is allowed 8 posts to make their argument in their matches.
    - Each match is open for discussion for 72 hours.
    - Once all match discussions are over, vote threads will be posted on Thursday with polls (we have special dispensation from the board to allow polls). These will last for two days.

Team Jcogginsa
    Jean Grey (X-Men Movies - Young) 10 + Shocked by Genetically Altered Eels (The Amazing Spider-Man 2) 7 Staff of Devosynn, The (Buffyverse) 2

Flash (DCEU) 9 + Mimetic Polyalloy Upgrade (Terminator Genysis) 6 + Terrigenesis upgrade, Joey Gutierrez (MCU) 4 + Medusa's Head w/ Bag (Clash of the Titans Original) 9 + Kungai Demon's Tak Horn (Buffyverse) 2

Cyborg (DCEU) 7 + Mutari Generator, The (Buffyverse) 3 + Protection Amulet (Charmed) 5 + Terrigenesis upgrade, Yo-Yo (MCU) 5 +Sarcophagus Crystal (Buffyverse) 2, TVA Baton(8)

Adam Monroe (Heroes) 2 + Draconian Katra (Buffyverse) 2+ Neuralyzer (Men in Black) 6

Hal Jordan (Green Lantern Movie) 9 + Band of Blacknil (Buffyverse) 2

Ares (DCEU) 8 + Soul Stone, The (MCU) 4 + Power-Sucking Athame (Charmed) 6
    Godzilla (Final Wars) 10, Sling Ring(3)

Purity (9)

Team Cleric of Hells Brigade
    Superman (10) w/ Ant-Man’s Suit (7)
    Five (4) w/ Angel Blade (4), One Ring (6), Medusa’s Head (9), & Magneto’s Helmet (5), Lindsay's Runic Tattoos(5), The Glass Eye (7)
    Jesse Quick (9) w/ Black Panther Suit (4) & Cloak of Levitation (4), USS Elridge Barometer (7)
    Piper Halliwell (6) w/ Meteorite Radiation (10) & Curse of Hom Dai (9)
    Wonder Woman (9) w/ Crystal Sword
    Martian Manhunter (9) and Cris Johnson (3) w/ Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (9).
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 07-26-2021 at 10:57 AM.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Team Jcogginsa Stratagy

The Cleric Heresy strat.

Opening moves

I want to stress this: The individual characters will not be waiting for any other characters to act unless explicitly noted. They will all begin their actions at the bell

-Jean will transform into eletricity and enter Cyborg, before psychically assaulting the enemy team. She is known to be able to mess with a character’s brain signals, so she will be preventing them from acting by blocking any outgoing brain signals to the rest of their body

- Cyborg will utilize his long range technopathy to activate Superman’s shrinking suit, shrinking him down infinitely into the quantum realm.

-Barry Allen will ramp up to his top speed and use the Medusa head to petrify, in order: Martian Cris, Five, Superman, and Piper. He will not attempt to petrify Jesse Quick or Wonder Woman, nor will he approach if it would clearly be lethal to him. If Possible, he will metal Five’s Helmet, blade, and ring

-Ares will open up the largest sling ring portal he can under the enemy teams feet, dropping them into space. Additionally, on the other end of portal will be a Red star, both damaging them with the ambient heat and pulling them in via the gravity.

-Godzilla, with his massive height to see the enemy despite the cover, will bombard the enemy team with his atomic breath.

-Hal Jordan will use his ring to create large green dome around the team, to defend against any attacks from Jesse Quick. (Godzilla is outside the Dome). The bottom of the dome will be a covering of a very easy to disturb material.

-Purity will fly up to the top of the dome and stay on guard, using her super senses to scan for any indicator that Five has teleported into the area. If she notices him appear, she will immeadiately attack him with one of her ranged attacks

Post Start moves

- These strats will only be used if the prior strats failed to kill their target. They will not take effect if doing so would gie a defeated Target the ability to fight back.

- Ares will open a small sling ring portal behind Piper, allowing Cyborg to shoot her with the Mutari Generator to drain her magic. Once this has been done, Purity will rip her head off

- After taking out Piper, Ares will create a small sling ring portal directly in front of Jesse Quick’s eye. On the other side of it will be the Medusa’s head, meaning she will either be petrified, or kill herself by running into the portal.

Active defenses

Characters will take these actions in order to defend themselves if attacked

- Should Martian Cris try to mentally attack any of my team members, Jean will psychically dominate him, as she has done to other, more power psychics

- Should Jesse Quick get close to Barry Allen, he will uses his metallic control to melt her vibranium suit in such a way that it blinds he and freezes her in place.

- If Superman attacks, Purity will run interference. As the arrowverse has higher stats than the DCEU, and Purity has a sonic scream that is extra effective on Kryptonians, she will make short work of him.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Team Cleric of Hells Brigade Stratagy

Ego? Best not piss him off. Thankfully, with Godzilla on the opposing team, they are easily found.

Five is completely unfindable. The tattoos prevent mystical, higher planar, and electrical finding, the helmet prevents TP, and the ring prevents visual detection.

Which leaves him able to teleport alongside the opposing team members and unleash hell on them. He’ll use his new Eye to dust (in this order) Jean, Adam, Hal, and attempt to use it on Purity, Ares, and Cyborg. Otherwise, he will remove the ring and use Medusa on the people in that order if he needs too, except he will also use it on Purity, Ares, Cyborg, Flash, and Godzilla as he can.

Jesse grabs Diana and zooms at the opposing team, using her Barometer to stop time for 47 seconds (making sure Diana is touching it. Since she is, Diana is immune to the time stop and the two shall now attack.

Diana takes the barometer and uses the time stop to attack with her Crystal sword and lasso. She will behead Ares (both have power sucking weapons, cool), absorbing his power and soul into the sword. She will then attempt to stab Purity and steal her soul and powers (Jean next) before taking the Medusa head from Cyborg and using it on the rest of JCog’s team, stoning Godzilla and everyone else (she’ll knock Cyborg and Flash out instead).

Jesse, once the time stop stops, will zoom around and use her AOE technique to knock out anyone still up. Flash is especially a target for her.

Martian Cris mentally defends my team until Jean is down, then mentally dominates the opposing team (going intangible so he won’t get injured). Being able to see the opposing team coming thanks to Precog, he can easily avoid taking damage. Ego will also be mentally persuaded to aid my team in taking out JCog’s (Mantis was able to sooth and somewhat control Ego. A real psychic should have no problem).

Otherwise, if needed, he can phase through and knock the other team down.

Clark goes straight at Godzilla and, growing, takes his head off as fast and hard as he can. No big lizard nuclear breathe allowed.

Beyond that his job is to stay high and take care of any flyers like Purity and Lantern (both of which should be overwhelmed by his Big Heat Vision). Otherwise, he plays the long game and snipes with his BHV and will swoop down only when needed to punch people out (Flash and Cyborg get knocked out).

Piper flies up and targets Cyborg and Flash as best she can. She’ll stop time/pause and use her superior strength to knock either out, before turning into a massive sand storm and engulfing Lantern, Monroe, Purity, and anyone still standing and exploding them with her explosive power/eye beams.

My team will aid each other as they can, will fight to the best of their skills, items, powers, and experience allow them to, and will gang up on anyone still standing from the moves listed above. Last resort moves include Five or Jesse taking someone with them to the future as a ring out, or a 50 ft tall Clark thunderclap I g the opposing side unconscious.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So….nothing really stops Martian Cris from mind fragging the opposing team. Especially as Jean gets taken out quickly (thanks to my time stop).

Or Five, who cannot be found by any means, dusting a bunch of people.

https://youtu.be/kNtduuW4dj8
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    So….nothing really stops Martian Cris from mind fragging the opposing team. Especially as Jean gets taken out quickly (thanks to my time stop).

Or Five, who cannot be found by any means, dusting a bunch of people.

https://youtu.be/kNtduuW4dj8
    Unfortunately, you picked the absolutely worst possible order of targets for Five's attack. As your own clip makes clear, the Glass Eye destroys Flesh. You have five target an energy being that transforms into lightning at the bell.

Meaning Five either

1. Targets Jean's lightning form and accomplishes nothing

or

2. Targets Adam, removing the least important member of my team

In any case, the damage he does is negligible, but while Five is protected from a lot of forms of detection, he's not protected from Purity's super hearing. So he gets off a single attack before he's killed by Purity's retaliation.

Jean should be able to enter Cyborg before the Barometer gets activated, so she'll be able to psychic stop Jesse and Diana from moving before they can get an attack off on my team. Martian Cris is playing mental defense, but Arrowverse Martian Manhunter's psychic chops are vastly inferior to inferior to a X-Verse psychic, nevermind one as power as Jean. So he gets crushed as soon as they come in conflict.

The think about Clark is that his suit grows slower than he moves, so Cyborg will be able to get his thought off before Clark acts, resulting in Clark shrinking down to the Quantum Realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Unfortunately, you picked the absolutely worst possible order of targets for Five's attack. As your own clip makes clear, the Glass Eye destroys Flesh. You have five target an energy being that transforms into lightning at the bell.

Meaning Five either

1. Targets Jean's lightning form and accomplishes nothing

or

2. Targets Adam, removing the least important member of my team

In any case, the damage he does is negligible, but while Five is protected from a lot of forms of detection, he's not protected from Purity's super hearing. So he gets off a single attack before he's killed by Purity's retaliation.

Jean should be able to enter Cyborg before the Barometer gets activated, so she'll be able to psychic stop Jesse and Diana from moving before they can get an attack off on my team. Martian Cris is playing mental defense, but Arrowverse Martian Manhunter's psychic chops are vastly inferior to inferior to a X-Verse psychic, nevermind one as power as Jean. So he gets crushed as soon as they come in conflict.

The think about Clark is that his suit grows slower than he moves, so Cyborg will be able to get his thought off before Clark acts, resulting in Clark shrinking down to the Quantum Realm.
    Jean is slower than Five, but I will give you there is a fair chance she already goes in him. Not a big deal since Five will just target the next on his list.

Even if Jean goes into Cyborg however, she’s not safe. Jesse/Diana have stopped time for 47 seconds and Diana has thoughtfully knocked Cyborg out by now.

With Jean in him also being knocked out or forced back into a physical form once time restarts. Hey, and then she gets dusted or stabbed and killed by the Crystal Sword. Purity also has a lot going on to manage to target something she cannot see since she flew high up at the start. Especially since there is a lot of stuff going on around her. Plus Diana stabbing her in a time stop.

As to the suit, it grows and shrinks pretty freaking fast. Note Antman shrinking literally while the Avengers base is blowing up under Thanos’ assault. I would also note you seem to have left Ego out if your strategy, whereas I mentally got him on my side.

Finally, we have the glaring issue here: I now have a Time Stop and I was fairly specific with its usage. Jean is so much slower than Jesse that the idea she not only gets inside Cyborg but then stops Jesse and Diana mentally (while Martian Cris, who has super speed and TP, runs interference) is not happening. This, Jesse and Diana activate the time stop amidst your team and now Diana has 47 seconds to do massive amounts of damage.

Ares, Jean, and Purity are now dead and the rest of your team gets Medusa’s headed or knocked out.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jean is slower than Five, but I will give you there is a fair chance she already goes in him. Not a big deal since Five will just target the next on his list.

Even if Jean goes into Cyborg however, she’s not safe. Jesse/Diana have stopped time for 47 seconds and Diana has thoughtfully knocked Cyborg out by now.

With Jean in him also being knocked out or forced back into a physical form once time restarts. Hey, and then she gets dusted or stabbed and killed by the Crystal Sword. Purity also has a lot going on to manage to target something she cannot see since she flew high up at the start. Especially since there is a lot of stuff going on around her. Plus Diana stabbing her in a time stop.

As to the suit, it grows and shrinks pretty freaking fast. Note Antman shrinking literally while the Avengers base is blowing up under Thanos’ assault. I would also note you seem to have left Ego out if your strategy, whereas I mentally got him on my side.

Finally, we have the glaring issue here: I now have a Time Stop and I was fairly specific with its usage. Jean is so much slower than Jesse that the idea she not only gets inside Cyborg but then stops Jesse and Diana mentally (while Martian Cris, who has super speed and TP, runs interference) is not happening. This, Jesse and Diana activate the time stop amidst your team and now Diana has 47 seconds to do massive amounts of damage.

Ares, Jean, and Purity are now dead and the rest of your team gets Medusa’s headed or knocked out.
    1. So far as I recall, Five has no enhanced speed. The argument for whether Jean does isn't clear cut, but that still works out to "Jean has to think in order to transform into Lightning. Five has to think to teleport and then think again to activate the eye". So Jean is gonna beat him on that quickdraw

2. According to the Warehouse 13 Wiki, the barometer only freeze's time in the surrounding area. The ship it was on disappeared from Radar for 47 seconds until Time Resumed, which showcases that the timestop doesn't effect the entire world. So you need to prove that the area of the Timestop's effect actually covers the entire battle, as their are 4 miles between them.

3. If Jean makes it inside Cyborg, then she has the same Temporal protection that Cyborg does, and will be able to mind whammy them before the timestop ends (assuming the stop covers the area Jean's at)

4. The suit does shrink pretty fast, but not faster than thought

5. Unfortunately, you put Martian Cris on defensive duty until Jean gets taken out, and only had him psychically dominate Ego after the fact. So before Cris can dominate Ego, he'll get into psychic combat with Jean, and be crushed due to his own inferior psychic abilities

1: Five’s blitz of the boardroom in episode 2 showcases a better than normal human reaction speed and situational awareness to me, bit I suppose it is one person thinking against another in terms of Jean. Fair point.

2: Time stop doesn’t have to cover the entire battlefield, just your area (it covered enough area for Mika’s former partner to frame another person for murder and stop her from getting there in time). It’s second appearance let Artie escape from airport custody easily enough.

Thankfully, Jesse (arguably the fastest person there aside from Barry who needs to ramp up his speed to be faster) moves Diana and herself over to you lot before activating it, and than Diana has a free 47 seconds with the time stop activated in your teams area to do her moves.

3: She can’t mind whammy if her body is knocked unconscious. And my people are defended mentally.

4: Doesn’t really matter, even if one argues it doesn’t grow fast enough he’s still hitting Godzilla at massive speed with enough strength to tow an icebreaker ship, sideways, over ice. Godzilla’s getting his head knocked off or gone through.

5: I didn’t just put him on defensive first. I mentioned Ego would be persuaded in the second sentence, I didn’t put that in any order. MC can do that whenever.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM