And to absolutely no ones surprise Lobo betrays Crush and proves to once again be a terrible father. I’d like to say I didn’t see it coming but come on it’s Lobo, I can’t think that anyone seriously bought his whole cured by therapy routine right.

But I’m getting way ahead of myself here, let’s start from the beginning shall we. So after a brief coffee stop Crush has made it to space jail for family day at the prison. So after being annoyed by a praying mantis boy and a flashback to another of Crush being a bad girlfriend we finally get the meeting between Lobo and Crush. So they have a discussion, Lobo talks about therapy a bit and Crush throws it back at him that the last they met he mind controlled her into trying killing the Titans and nearly killed her himself. But she recognizes she’s got issues and wants to at least make an attempt at reconciliation for her own personal health....unfortunately Lobo is a #%#*!

Turns out the whole prison is run by robots who can keep track of you via a bioscan chip in your fingers and guess who matches Lobo’s dna to trick a bioscan. Yup, Lobo used his own daughter to forcibly take his place in prison and escape and that is why he called her to come visit...father of the year everyone. So yeah we end with Lobo a free man, Crush in jail, and her cell mate is the annoying Praying Mantis kid because there was a weird background story about eating their families heads (literally).

So for those who actually wanted Lobo in this book, this is the most Lobo we have gotten so far and no doubt from this point he’s going to be in this book a lot more, especially now that he’s free to terrorize the universe again. So far it’s a much more character focused story for Crush, but I think that makes a lot of sense for a character whose only been around two years or so now. I like how Tamaki writes her, especially as someone who has a history of reading snarky fourth wall breaking characters.

But I will say this, if you’re here for Lobo he’s pretty much just a force of nature in this book driving Crush’s own story. He’s a foil, an obstacle to be overcome and also show why our main protagonist has issues. His name is on here basically to sell a Crush story and you got to determine three issues in if you are for that or not. If not maybe go check out Superman vs Lobo unless you want to learn about a new character.