Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So did Wonder Woman do anything in this issue? Did it had epic action that could be entertaining to read? Or should i continue to avoid buying new WW stuff with my hard earned money? I will not spend money on a weaklink anymore. So i would like to know.
    Don't buy it lol. You wouldn't like it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    After a disappointing first arc that I got on comixology from Cloonrad, I just might wait until the trade paperback comes out. Still not sure if it would be worth it. I just got the Liar Liar trade and that was a snoozefest.

Just a question, but if Wonder Woman was immune to Max Lord's manipulations the first time during the Sacrifice arc, why does his powers work on her now as well as being apparently resurrected? Sounds to me if Max is alive, then there was no bone to pick with Diana with respect to Superman and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    After a disappointing first arc that I got on comixology from Cloonrad, I just might wait until the trade paperback comes out. Still not sure if it would be worth it. I just got the Liar Liar trade and that was a snoozefest.

Just a question, but if Wonder Woman was immune to Max Lord's manipulations the first time during the Sacrifice arc, why does his powers work on her now as well as being apparently resurrected? Sounds to me if Max is alive, then there was no bone to pick with Diana with respect to Superman and Batman.
    What happened in Sacrifice was no longer canon during Tamaki's run

Incredible Member

DC hired Tamaki to do some Max Lord arc to run concurrently with WW1984's release. Logical suppositions such as yours didn't matter if the goal was just to have Max in her book and be a villain for an arc.

I'm personally greatly enjoying this run, but it's a bummer you're not. I just know mystical41 needs Diana doing superhumanly strong feats and, if she isn't, then it's not good. Hence, why I recommended they don't buy it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

DC hired Tamaki to do some Max Lord arc to run concurrently with WW1984's release. Logical suppositions such as yours didn't matter if the goal was just to have Max in her book and be a villain for an arc.

I'm personally greatly enjoying this run, but it's a bummer you're not. I just know mystical41 needs Diana doing superhumanly strong feats and, if she isn't, then it's not good. Hence, why I recommended they don't buy it.
    We have gone over this before, but if all we get is street level fighter status with the feats that she does, also a great disappointment for me. If I can interject Spiderman into almost anything that Diana does feat worthy, then that is a severe misuse of her powerset. That is why WW84 was so bad, besides the losing powers very slowly part instead of them being instantly gone.

Maybe I am wrong, but I get a definite sense that DC is pushing Wonder Woman into 2nd tier status, and with many of the people that post here, that is just fine with them.

We have gone over this before, but if all we get is street level fighter status with the feats that she does, also a great disappointment for me. If I can interject Spiderman into almost anything that Diana does feat worthy, then that is a severe misuse of her powerset. That is why WW84 was so bad, besides the losing powers very slowly part instead of them being instantly gone.

Maybe I am wrong, but I get a definite sense that DC is pushing Wonder Woman into 2nd tier status, and with many of the people that post here, that is just fine with them.
    You aren't wrong. Personally I'm not asking for much, just one good fight is all I'm asking for per run. Even the finales of mini arcs like this don't have that oomph. Not a single impressive feat that sticks in the minds of readers and it's been like that for years at this point.

In a way feats like the famous Flash attosecond feat or Superman's "universal" World Forger punch or Batgod's ridiculous feats might be memes but stuff like that is memorable and sticks in the minds of fans for years. People might joke about them but that means these characters are in their minds. There's a conversation to be had. On the other hand on Wonder Woman land it's been a desert for almost a decade now. Not even a vaguely planetary feat on sight let alone insanely high memeworthy feats.

Incredible Member

And I want that. I'd love that.

But I'm not beholden to planetary feats defining the quality of an issue. I don't disagree with anybody's complaints, though!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I would be happy if this were the explanation.
    Thanks. So WW is stil fighting like a street leveler? Well this new team is eraning my bad writing badge real quick.

She just saved the multiverse a few months ago there's no vast conspiracy to downgrade Wonder Woman.

Because volume two WW was pretty well defined compared to most characters and certainly compared to what has come after it. Rucka used all of the Perez/Berger details with respect to her powers and their dynamics. He also added quite a bit. Central to your question though when Max tried to use his powers on her they didn't work because she saw with the Eyes of Athena and she understood with Athena's wisdom.

Since the close of volume two the character has undergone reboots with Flashpoint and 52 being the absolute worst in terms of powers and her gear.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 07-29-2021 at 07:06 PM.

What Stanlos is saying, is that Diana no longer posses the grey eyes of Athena or her wisdom for that matter. At least not where it unfortunately really matters, the team books and Bat books that get the most readership.

Which is annoying because you can have a panel in Rebirth were Diana frees herself from the Black Mercy via the "eyes of truth" back in the Trinity storyline. Or in Rucka's year one were the Gods come to visit her in prison and bestow powers to her. So it feels like she has some of her old abilities back, but because it doesn't get a further explanation or usage she suddenly forgets them were it actually counts.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I'm pretty sure this run is going to be another boring mess with a weak WW. Based on what i hear about the issues and the pace. They obviously have no idea how to portray a female powerhouse. The whole depowered and memory loss thing is also over used in the WW comic. So for me they started the wrong way since day 1.

People seemed to respond really positively to Tamaki's B&G story. Makes you wonder what could've been.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    People seemed to respond really positively to Tamaki's B&G story. Makes you wonder what could've been.
    Yeah, that was already way more interesting than anything that happened in her run.

Seems writers tend to need a couple shots at writing Diana and her world before they really get her/it.