Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

quick return to the doom and gloom era for DC
    I see all the positivity and optimism didn't last long now that the sales numbers are in

For what its worth also DC is usually aware of what its sales are 3-4 months ahead of time based on orders
    If Sales are this low now don't expect the true number to be better next month or the month after

It's strange that Wonder Girl #2 isn't on the chart at all. It got pushed back to the fifth week of June, but it should still be listed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Wonder Woman at 199 and Marvel's Black Widow at 131 with a new movie on her out. Ouch! Sales for super heroines have never been that great, but those numbers are low, I guess I can kiss my hopes for a new Zatanna or Black Canary series goodbye.
    Wonder Woman still sold better than Flash, Green Lantern, Action Comics and Superman, Teen Titans, Swamp Thing, Green Arrow special.

Spectacular Member

I think DC's current problem is the lack of superstar writers, no Johns, Snyder monthlies & King is stuck doing minis, Tynion cant carry the line all by himself.

Astonishing Member

Why Wonder Girl isn't on this list?
    Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    I think DC's current problem is the lack of superstar writers, no Johns, Snyder monthlies & King is stuck doing minis, Tynion cant carry the line all by himself.
    Superstar writers are no longer guarantee for good sales. We had Bendis on Superman, AC, Legion and Young Justice, and it didn't help, despite all the hype. We have King on Supergirl, and even first issue didn't sell well, and he was dropped out from Batman, because sales started to fall down.
    I have a feeling, that if we would have Johns on something like Legion or JSA, it would barely impoved its' sales.

Johns' reputation has also been severely tarnished in recent memory so outside of the occasional one-shot or mini-series, I don't think I see him ever do an ongoing run at DC again. And even if they asked him to, he doesn't need to since he's been doing his Geiger/Madghost universe thing at Image anyway.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-28-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Johns' reputation has also been severely tarnished in recent memory so outside of the occasional one-shot or mini-series, I don't think I see him ever do an ongoing run at DC again. And even if they asked him to, he doesn't need to since he's been doing his Geiger/Madghost universe thing at Image anyway.
    Johns reputation is only tarnished for the Zack Snyder fans that like to blame him for the failures of the DCEU, have you seen any creators speak up about Johns?

Either way, publishers fear nothing more than bad publicity. Logic would tell you they would want to steer away from someone involved in a racist scandal, even if he's not accused by multiple people.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    WTF, GL is not even in the top 100?? Gotdamn.
    With how poorly they marketed the book, I'm not impressed. Everyone was expecting the book to be about John as the main GL and most of the promotional material centered around Teen Lantern of all characters.
    It doesn't help that the art is incredibly inconsistent and the new direction is not totally clear yet. So far it's a GLC comic that's named Green Lantern to attract more readers and failing at it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    With how poorly they marketed the book, I'm not impressed. Everyone was expecting the book to be about John as the main GL and most of the promotional material centered around Teen Lantern of all characters.
    It doesn't help that the art is incredibly inconsistent and the new direction is not totally clear yet. So far it's a GLC comic that's named Green Lantern to attract more readers and failing at it.
    They should have relaunched the book as a "lethal weapon in space" type of story with Hal & John.

Incredible Member

This is so bad. The Flash is finally really good again after pretty much 15 years

Incredible Member

Re: Action Comics, I think people just hated the Bendis run and the changes he made. And since those changes were carried forward and you add in a relatively unknown writer like PKJ, and the low sales make sense to me.

Re: Flash, I'm hoping good worth of mouth will start a slow climb month after month for that title. I'd like to see Adams continue for awhile.

They should have relaunched the book as a "lethal weapon in space" type of story with Hal & John.
    Yeah I thought they should've relaunched the Green Lanterns title with these two instead, but when it comes to sales on a long-term basis, I doubt it would've made that much of a difference tbh. It would've probably not dropped this quickly, but maybe towards the 10th issue it would've still been at the lower end of the top 100.

I'm not sure Geoffrey Thorne would've wanted to write that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    . . . Other interesting things to note:

Wonder Woman at 199 and Marvel's Black Widow at 131 with a new movie on her out. Ouch! Sales for super heroines have never been that great, but those numbers are low, I guess I can kiss my hopes for a new Zatanna or Black Canary series goodbye. . .
    Regarding Black Widow, I stopped buying Marvel Comics a while ago, but is Black Widow a regular on-going series or just another mini-/limited-series likely to be forgotten (by both Marvel and readers) a few months (weeks?) after the last issue is released?
    It felt to me like Natasha has really been misused/abused in the comics since at least when she was killed off in Super-Secret Empire, and her death in the movies(?) probably doesn't help things.
    (Also, didn't her movie get less-than-positive word of mouth?)