Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wonder Woman still sold better than Flash, Green Lantern, Action Comics and Superman, Teen Titans, Swamp Thing, Green Arrow special.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I guess the issue I was looking at was the previous Wonder Woman issue. That is good news.

Hopefully the Black Widow issue was an old one to.

If a tv show is slated for Zatanna maybe I'll my Zatanna series afterall (Hopefully written by Paul Dini again) fingers crossed.

I'm struggling to understand why this is a thread when there is another thread covering dc sales...

Mighty Member

Because we need to alert the readership so that if they are not aware of the sales. Most of them will think their run will last more longer when in reality it reaches on the brink of cancellation, until it announced it was too late already. Unless you try to support the run by buying its graphic novels or trades.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Because we need to alert the readership so that if they are not aware of the sales. Most of them will think their run will last more longer when in reality it reaches on the brink of cancellation, until it announced it was too late already. Unless you try to support the run by buying its graphic novels or trades.
    Problem is, much as we may love some characters, there are times when it's better to just let a mediocre-to-bad run just mercifully end and hopefully soon forgotten before any further damage is done to that character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Problem is, much as we may love some characters, there are times when it's better to just let a mediocre-to-bad run just mercifully end and hopefully soon forgotten before any further damage is done to that character.
    Yeah like Tim as Drake or Dick become Ric during the Nightwing run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The problem is I'm not sure Adams' current Flash run is mediocre to bad. It's just that DC has failed so horribly over the years that the fans don't trust them anymore and aren't willing to give a relative unknown like Adams a chance.

Hopefully diehard Flash fans spread word of mouth that this run is good and we can see an uptick in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    The problem is I'm not sure Adams' current Flash run is mediocre to bad. It's just that DC has failed so horribly over the years that the fans don't trust them anymore and aren't willing to give a relative unknown like Adams a chance.

Hopefully diehard Flash fans spread word of mouth that this run is good and we can see an uptick in sales.
    That or the fact that they've screwed over Wally so many times that even his die-hard fans are in "fool me once..." apprehension mode.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    That or the fact that they've screwed over Wally so many times that even his die-hard fans are in "fool me once..." apprehension mode.
    More likely they don’t even know he’s the Flash again. Without the attention a linewide relaunch gets you, a lot of the new series are just going under the radar.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah that's part of my point about "DC failing so horrible over the years".

Only word of mouth can save it now. I've told a Wally fan about this run. Hopefully you will, too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It's strange that Wonder Girl #2 isn't on the chart at all. It got pushed back to the fifth week of June, but it should still be listed, right?
    No, it was released in July, I believe. So Wonder Girl took the month of June off, which is...not a great way to maintain sales momentum down the road.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    More likely they don’t even know he’s the Flash again. Without the attention a linewide relaunch gets you, a lot of the new series are just going under the radar.
    No DC has done so much bad that it's hard to TRUST this company.

Folks are waiting for the screw up to happen.

We have seen it too many times. Especially if you have editors that panic and Burnside Batgirl and New 52 Static say HI.

So which book flinches first? Flash or Green Lantern?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No DC has done so much bad that it's hard to TRUST this company.

Folks are waiting for the screw up to happen.

We have seen it too many times. Especially if you have editors that panic and Burnside Batgirl and New 52 Static say HI.

So which book flinches first? Flash or Green Lantern?
    In my mind it's gotta be Green Lantern.
    While Flash sales aren't great, it has a lot more going for it. A rabid reader base (Wally fans have endured some intolerable ****), a writer who seems to really love the character he's writing about, positive word of mouth, and numbers still within the top 100 after 5 issues.
    The Green Lantern book seems to have little buzz about it, a writer who put some fans offside with remarks over Hal Jordan, and a current plot that seems to involve very little Green Lantern, (Remember when the Corps deployed 2 GLs per sector? Remember getting to read about them? Sodam & Arisia, Guy & Kyle, Isomot & Vath?) and lastly seeing as we are what 4 issues in? The fact sales have dipped so low are seriously worrisome. I'm scratching my head trying to remember when a GL book sold 20K or less. Early 90's maybe?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'm relatively happy with DC these days...minus the Legion of Super Heroes (who have been annihilated beyond recognition) and new JSA line up, my favourite heroes have been getting exposure, in some form or another

For me, DC's main problem is more structural than creative at present.

Piracy, lack of digital accessibility that's fast and easy, and distribution. (I can't find a DC comic anywhere outside the comic shops, which are dwindling)

-

Incredible Member

I am really surprised with the position of Green Lantern in the chart, BUT I am approaching this data conservatively for now, because - for all we know - the positions might be separated by only a few single issues.

That being said, I understand why it *might* have dipped so low:
    1-Grant Morrison's run was not particularly well-liked.
    2-Geoff Thorne has made some divisive comments regarding Hal Jordan.
    3-Having so many different artists in the book feels messy.
    4-John Stewart remains an underdeveloped character.
    5-The first arc plot ("the destruction of the Central Battery and the missing Lanterns in the Dark Sector") feels uninspired and repetitive (similarly done so already in Green Lantern: Edge Of Oblivion, for example).

However, I certainly don't think Thorne is to blame for the low sales (if they are in fact low). Some of the worst elements in the arc (for example the Central Battery going kaboom) were editorial mandates, and thus, I am of the opinion that, irrespective of me not being a fan of the direction, he is doing the best he can with the cards he was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, it was released in July, I believe. So Wonder Girl took the month of June off, which is...not a great way to maintain sales momentum down the road.
    You're right. I misremembered. Yeah, and it won't be the last delay either.