Default Mister Miracle: the source of freedom #3 spoilers and discussion

I really know how to pick them today, first a look into multiverse shenanigans with Infinite Frontier and now the space-time continuum and I guess New gods with Mister Miracle. Because a lot of stuff is being revealed here and there is a lot of meta scientific talk that quite frankly I don’t necessarily get as someone with a very limited familiarity with the New gods. But hey it’s interesting to watch and learn about Shilo and we do start to get some connection to Mister Miracle of Scott Free.

So what happens? Well really there’s two plot lines going on. First Shilo Norman dealing with N’Vir Free and then there is Shilo’s agent dealing with all his lawsuits that have come out since N’vir claimed he’s a fake. But picking up from last issue Shilo with his weird funeral urn upgrade manages to beat N’vir and hack her people to find out who she is and what’s going on...and that’s where things get a little weird. See she’s apparently from a future where she ruled a galactic empire until get this a rebellion sporting the flag of Shilo destroyed everything she built. So she came back in time to take the power of mother box from him...which she does and leaves him bleeding in a ditch after seriously berating him, including as African American in America. Yeah not going so hot for Shilo right now

But then there is the other weird stuff with his agent who gets a letter from Oberon, yes Scott Free’s Oberon, who sends him a letter that something is wrong with Spacetime and the fifth dimension...which I don’t actually know what the fifth dimension is so if someone could fill me in that’d be great. And before the end of the issue the agent finds Oberon and leaves us on a cryptic cliffhanger about the mantle of Mister Miracle and what’s really going on. My guess something broke reality and Scott Free is forgotten, because Shilo doesn’t know who Scott is but Oberon is here spouting off about Scott and broken time and dimensions. Honestly your guess is as good as mine.

But overall I like it, I’m enjoying the weird ride while learning about a legacy character I never knew about in the first place. I just Hope things get better for the guy before the end of this miniseries.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

I'm not a die hard Shilo fan, but honestly I liked him better in Last Laugh than in this mini.

Seems like he just relies on his mother box for everything. I mean, I could be a great escape artist too, if I had Tony Stark's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    But then there is the other weird stuff with his agent who gets a letter from Oberon, yes Scott Free’s Oberon, who sends him a letter that something is wrong with Spacetime and the fifth dimension...which I don’t actually know what the fifth dimension is so if someone could fill me in that’d be great. And before the end of the issue the agent finds Oberon and leaves us on a cryptic cliffhanger about the mantle of Mister Miracle and what’s really going on. My guess something broke reality and Scott Free is forgotten, because Shilo doesn’t know who Scott is but Oberon is here spouting off about Scott and broken time and dimensions. Honestly your guess is as good as mine.
    Fifth dimension is where mischievous imps live, you probably know who Mxyzptlk is. I don't really remember New Gods really having any connection to it and in modern times asides of Morrison nobody has really tried to bring it to other franchises than Superman. So I have no idea what fifth dimension would have to do with Scott. Maybe overall point here is that after King's Mister Miracle series spacetime was altered and nobody remembers Scott?

Mighty Member

I am enjoying the hell out of this yet I am not even a mister tmiracle fan. And I love how kinetic the art is , you really feel the flow of motion and power.

I should read more Mister Miracle comics.

I truely think it would be SUPERB to have a Mister Terrific and Mister Miracle team-up duo comic series

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    I am enjoying the hell out of this yet I am not even a mister tmiracle fan. And I love how kinetic the art is , you really feel the flow of motion and power.

I should read more Mister Miracle comics.

I truely think it would be SUPERB to have a Mister Terrific and Mister Miracle team-up duo comic series
    A Michael and Shilo duo comic would legit be fun!

Incredible Member

Brandon Eastons writing is making me enjoy a character i had limited knowledge about previously and who i found , admittedly, corny looking. That's the mark of a good writer - they make you care.

I was going to say a minor critique would be the main characters reliance upon the suit but if Tony Stark , War Machine, Booster Gold, Cyborg , Steel , Hardware , etc. can receive a pass for doing the same thing i'll give the character and Easton time and room to grow before being overly concerned with that . I would imagine at some point we'll receive an issue where Shilo displays growth, technical aptitude, etc. . With that said he did display strategic thinking which i always appreciate in a character.
    Don't complain. Create.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Brandon Eastons writing is making me enjoy a character i had limited knowledge about previously and who i found , admittedly, corny looking. That's the mark of a good writer - they make you care.

I was going to say a minor critique would be the main characters reliance upon the suit but if Tony Stark , War Machine, Booster Gold, Cyborg , Steel , Hardware , etc. can receive a pass for doing the same thing i'll give the character and Easton time and room to grow before being overly concerned with that . I would imagine at some point we'll receive an issue where Shilo displays growth, technical aptitude, etc. . With that said he did display strategic thinking which i always appreciate in a character.
    The different is though, that for those characters, their tech is part of their character.

Shilo's supposed to be an escape artist, which implies cunning and creativity. In Last Laugh, he beat King Shark and escaped a black hole using his ingenuity. Here, he just seems to trade kirby bolts with goons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The different is though, that for those characters, their tech is part of their character.

Shilo's supposed to be an escape artist, which implies cunning and creativity. In Last Laugh, he beat King Shark and escaped a black hole using his ingenuity. Here, he just seems to trade kirby bolts with goons.
    With it being early in the series I'm ok with action and feats being a priority. I've seen the opposite done with characters I have interest in and have dropped books because of it. We have time for character growth. We've already seen some in just 3 issues in terms of personality .

I buy titles like , oh, The Black Monday Murders , for different reasons than a title like Mister Miracle. I want to see these capes doing things which Shilo has thus far. I'm looking forward to issue 10.

Heh....I never thought I'd say that about Mister Miracle.
    Don't complain. Create.