Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default He Man (Netflix) vs He Man (Dolph Lundgren)

Since Netflix is a bit lacking for feats right now, they seem fairly close for stats, so I finally have an excuse to make another He Man fight Dolph. Melee only, Netflix feats only for Netflix He-Man (specified since it's meant as a continuation).

For a bit of starting reference, I think Dolph's two biggest feats statwise are toppling an enormous statue, and forcing his way through God skeletor's lightning (while we don't really know what kind of power up it got, at the very least, regular skeletor could instantly vaporize dudes and his power seemed to be toxic when what's her face got hit with it).
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

He-Man didn't get to do a whole lot of anything in the new series yet so this seems more than just a little bit premature.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't Revelation supposed to be incontinuity with the 80s series?

I literally mentioned both of these things in my first post. Netflix He-Man's handful of feats is why I matched him with Dolph who also only has a few, and continuity with the 80s series is why I said Netflix only.

Did the Dolph one die?

If not, that one.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I literally mentioned both of these things in my first post. Netflix He-Man's handful of feats is why I matched him with Dolph who also only has a few, and continuity with the 80s series is why I said Netflix only.
    I just don't get the interest, it's literally guy who has done almost nothing versus guy who also didn't do a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Isn't Revelation supposed to be incontinuity with the 80s series?
    No, they don't have the rights or whatever. Plus some things don't really line up. Adam seemed more like a young adult in his 20's whereas this one is a teenager. Filmation Beastman didn't really care one way or the other for Evil-Lyn, this one is her white knight ("m' lady") type protector, and Roboto was from another planet in the original, while in Revelations he is invented by Man-At-Arms. There is also no mention of She-Ra and the Horde, which was part of the original Canon. (I mean surely someone would want to contact Adam's sister to inform her of her brother's death.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Licensing aside, various statements have been made that it's meant to be taken as jumping off from there. Whether you take that as meaning direct continuity or not, it's at least on the table, which is why I specified so there wouldn't have to be a continuity discussion. Licensing is for the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just don't get the interest, it's literally guy who has done almost nothing versus guy who also didn't do a whole lot.
    What's wrong, dude? Like, what about this thread offends you, because you're two posts in trying to debate that it shouldn't exist like you're the supreme arbiter of good threads. Both characters have a handful of fairly straightforward feats and enough context to form an opinion. I like He Man. I shouldn't have to explain or justify this.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

He also caught a big wrecking ball and threw a tank a short distance. I think he hit a dude hard enough underwater to send him hurtling away, but I might be misremembering that one. Water physics would make it pretty impressive though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    No, they don't have the rights or whatever. Plus some things don't really line up. Adam seemed more like a young adult in his 20's whereas this one is a teenager. Filmation Beastman didn't really care one way or the other for Evil-Lyn, this one is her white knight ("m' lady") type protector, and Roboto was from another planet in the original, while in Revelations he is invented by Man-At-Arms. There is also no mention of She-Ra and the Horde, which was part of the original Canon. (I mean surely someone would want to contact Adam's sister to inform her of her brother's death.)
    Not that this is the right thread for this, but if they didn't have the rights then they wouldn't be able to use the brand or the mythos. It's not like Filmation sold off bits and pieces of their universe like Marvel did to various movie studios, and for reboots/revivals it's not in their interest to do so since it's the overall package.

Lastly, whenever there are changes or deviations, that's usually on the creative and production side, not the legal side.

Incredible Member

dance-off bro , can they defeat money supermarket he-man ? lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Since Netflix is a bit lacking for feats right now, they seem fairly close for stats, so I finally have an excuse to make another He Man fight Dolph. Melee only, Netflix feats only for Netflix He-Man (specified since it's meant as a continuation).

For a bit of starting reference, I think Dolph's two biggest feats statwise are toppling an enormous statue, and forcing his way through God skeletor's lightning (while we don't really know what kind of power up it got, at the very least, regular skeletor could instantly vaporize dudes and his power seemed to be toxic when what's her face got hit with it).
    Julie (Courtney Cox's character) and yes, Teela stated that "the poison's already in her blood."