Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Firestarter vs Loki

Charlene "Charlie" McGee("Firestarter") vs Loki(MCU)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Charlene "Charlie" McGee("Firestarter") vs Loki(MCU)
    While we don't specifically have any Loki feats versus fire, he's survived getting stomped by the Hulk and lightning from Thor and energy blasts from Iron-Man. She's a glass cannon with the durability of a normal child. I think this is pretty one-sided.
    Power with Girl is better.

Yeah, this is pretty much a massive stomp.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh………

Maybe not.

IIRC, Charlie had like bullet time reflexes didn’t she? Like liquefied bullets mid-air or some such?

Hmm…….

https://youtu.be/_PtgfCokVXE

Ehh, no it seems more like a force field effect. But still.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I stand corrected.

https://youtu.be/VsdeqOdkdTY

She stops the bullet mid air and explodes it I think.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I stand corrected.

https://youtu.be/VsdeqOdkdTY

She stops the bullet mid air and explodes it I think.
    I've only seen the movie once, when it first came out. I literally have no memory of that scene or even that Martin Sheen and George C. Scott were in the movie.

But she clearly had to know ahead of time that an attack was coming and took a couple of seconds to "power up" and stop a bullet she already knew was coming.

Meanwhile, Loki can immediately turn invisible at the bell, a hundred feet away, and use illusions.

I think we all agree. Curbstomp win for Loki.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've only seen the movie once, when it first came out. I literally have no memory of that scene or even that Martin Sheen and George C. Scott were in the movie.

But she clearly had to know ahead of time that an attack was coming and took a couple of seconds to "power up" and stop a bullet she already knew was coming.

Meanwhile, Loki can immediately turn invisible at the bell, a hundred feet away, and use illusions.

I think we all agree. Curbstomp win for Loki.
    The TV sequel did show her having better control over her powers IIRC.

There is still 100 feet between them and she could potentially get her…force…field thing up. Maybe. Then start nuking the place at random to get him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    While we don't specifically have any Loki feats versus fire, he's survived getting stomped by the Hulk and lightning from Thor and energy blasts from Iron-Man. She's a glass cannon with the durability of a normal child. I think this is pretty one-sided.
    The show does a very good job of sandblasting his Avengers feats, specifically, he gets his ass repeatedly beat by regular humans throughout the series. This is of particular note because it's specifically Avengers Loki that's getting **** on.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The show does a very good job of sandblasting his Avengers feats, specifically, he gets his ass repeatedly beat by regular humans throughout the series. This is of particular note because it's specifically Avengers Loki that's getting **** on.
    Calling them regular humans isn't necessarily correct though. They were regular humans before becoming TVA, but we have literally no idea at all what that does to them. The other aliens (such as on the train where Loki gets drunk) aren't necessarily human either.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Calling them regular humans isn't necessarily correct though. They were regular humans before becoming TVA, but we have literally no idea at all what that does to them. The other aliens (such as on the train where Loki gets drunk) aren't necessarily human either.
    This is a nothing statement.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This is a nothing statement.
    I get what he means. It would make sense for a group as powerful as the TVA to enhance their enforcers into super humans. The issue is we don't have evidence of that, which makes Loki having protracted battles with them really hard to justify.

Ehh, either the magic dampening effect in the TVA also made him less super human (and considering they apparently brought in Titans, Kree, and Vampires alongside other Variants), or the TVA Agents themselves are amplified.

Either way could easily explain Loki having an issue with them.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Loki dies. Unfortunately for him, it won't be very quick.

While he's durable enough to take hits from heavy hitters (sometimes), he has no particular superhuman speed to cross the 100 feet distance before Charlie gets her pyrokinesis going and even movie Charlie explicitly has a mild psychic power to detect where threats to herself are coming from (she detects the Shop agents coming toward them a good minute before they show up) so he has no way to land a sneak attack against her.

As a result he's just going to continuously get blasted. At first all it'll do is ragdoll him around, but a part of Charlie's powers and the reason why the more aware members of the Shop were so scared about her potential is explicitly that they rapidly become stronger the longer she uses them, and Firestarter 2 Charlie starts at the level of making buildings explode. She's just going to ramp up until he's not fire-resistant enough to take it anymore.

Well, that or he'll suffocate since he still needs to breathe as far as I know, and the entire area around him being on fire means he won't be getting any air.
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    a part of Charlie's powers is explicitly they become rapidly become stronger the longer she uses them and Firestarter 2 Charlie starts at the level of making buildings explode.
    I remember just at the end of book 1 as a kiddo she blew up the Shop headquarters so spectacularly they had no choice but blaming a foreign power terrorist attack on American soil in order to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I remember just at the end of book 1 as a kiddo she blew up the Shop headquarters so spectacularly they had no choice but blaming a foreign power terrorist attack on American soil in order to cover it up.
    I was thinking that this was live-action Charlie for some reason in my post.

Yes, it's even worse for Loki if it's book Charlie. Movie Charlie only blew up buildings, book Charlie outright disintegrated them and needed to evaporate nearly 10,000 cubic feet of water to calm down by the end of the book.