Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To survive the secondary effects of Saitama and the like, you would need essentially two Death Wards. Theoretically, a Half-Orc with Death Ward could survive than (depending.

Death Ward saves him the first time and his Relentless Endurance saves him from the secondary effects maybe?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...actually fairly sure Death Ward wouldn't do so hot against a nuke anyway. Gets 'used up' by the first blast of thermal radiation and such, then the shockwave turns the target into geography.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    so, in this scenario, it kind of depends which direction these attacks are coming from you or what's directly around you.

If you're in the arena, which is default, I imagine being hit full out Saitama and then being on 1 HP from Death War won't go well like 0.00001 seconds later when you hit the arena wall at a solid fraction of lightspeed.

Same with Killy and Pain to be honest.

Logan and Steve kind of wonder why they are here.
    True. There’s also a D&D reaction spell that essentially pulls a Wally West Speed Force Lightning trick. When you’re hit, you cast Temporal Shunt, the attacker makes a Wisdom save and if they fail, they’re ‘shunted’ a little bit out of time so that they’ve actually missed.

TIL some D&D spell information I had no idea of
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

D&D has some silly stuff.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Wow, that is a drastic change to what Death Ward used to do. Anyway, in Pathfinder, Weapon Sacrifice can be gained at level 9 and broadly redirects "damage" to the weapon without specifying a type of effect or requiring any kind of parry roll. Hypothetically, you can use it to save yourself from anything from Mogaru's breath weapon to advanced artillery that exists, to disintegrate spells or something esoteric like Finger of Death. It's not too hard to make a Pathfinder character that can be clearly demonstrated to be bullet time*, so at the very least, it should be able to work on anything in that speed range. You'll probably break your sword though.

Saitama is leagues faster than that, but weapon sacrifice may not care about speed either, being broadly open to a lot of silly things. The rules don't stipulate how it works.

*Various firearms up to rifles, shotguns and revolvers exist in the system. To avoid questions about abstracts or aim dodging, make a character with the blind fighting/blinded blade feats, combat reflexes, and give them either deflect arrows or Cut From the Air/Smash From the Air, which lets you parry just about any ranged attack. You can now arguably deflect bullets in your sleep by combination of ridiculous perception and being able to use Attacks of Opportunity before acting. Add in Mythic, and I believe it's possible to make a character who can deflect an infinite number of bullets at once while blindfolded and waking up. To be clear, the blinded blade feats are only required here to prove absolutely that the character won't count as flat footed. You only really NEED to be aware of the attacker and aware of the attack (but not where they are or where the attack is coming from - that's a different set of penalties). That said, as a fighter, you could have all of this (aside the mythic silliness which would require you to be mythic) by level 10 in addition to weapon sacrifice. Not that those feats interact with weapon sacrifice in any way, just that it's possible to be provably able to deflect bullets around the same time you can get weapon sacrifice.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-28-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

I discovered I was wrong about Death Ward. Even a non-damaging effect that would kill the character is cancelled.

For a 4th Level spell, it’s pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What's the weakest chars to not only survive but be able to stay conscious/fight in each of these scenarios?

Scenario 1: Captain America throwing his shield as hard as possible at their head/weakpoint

Scenario 2: Killy from BLAME! shooting them

Scenario 3: Wolverine stabbing the being in their weakspot/head with all his might

Scenario 4: Pain from Naruto unleashing his ultimate attack

Scenario 5: Saitama putting everything he has into a punch

Scenario 6: All of the above at once
    Kizaru? Would any of this affect a guy made of light?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Kizaru? Would any of this affect a guy made of light?
    I mean, he's hardly the weakest.

Dude can obliterate buildings by kicking at them and ****.

Spectacular Member

A D&D character with both Death Ward and Contingency (Teleport or Plane Shift to a safe location- possibly a pocket dimension) could survive. The Contingency activates (immediately) when they are damaged below say... 1/2 hit points. The Death Ward keeps them alive... then they are immediately whisked away. The character survives.

Fantastic Member

so, in this scenario, it kind of depends which direction these attacks are coming from you or what's directly around you.

If you're in the arena, which is default, I imagine being hit full out Saitama and then being on 1 HP from Death War won't go well like 0.00001 seconds later when you hit the arena wall at a solid fraction of lightspeed.

Same with Killy and Pain to be honest.

Logan and Steve kind of wonder why they are here.
    I think Logan's here in order to do the cutting test (instead of blunt force). For instance, Luffy (from One Piece) could handle Steve's test no problem. However, I'm not certain he's surviving Logan's test. Luffy is vulnerable to blades and Logan might be enough to take him out.

I really want to know from the OP which attack he was thinking of for Pain. To be honest, his meteor strike doesn't bring anything to the table that Saitama isn't bringing with his punch. However, I do remember that Pain was doing some soul ripping via the Human Path. He has plenty of options for an ultimate attack.

I want to say Sue Storm or Magneto (with shields activated) is the weakest.

Butterball.

Maybe Unus the Untouchable.

Mighty Member

I mean, he's hardly the weakest.

Dude can obliterate buildings by kicking at them and ****.
    Obliterating buildings is quite weak for the later rounds, i think he could fit.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I was going to say Aries after she did one of her "Prevent all damage" moves, but looking at it closer I realized all of it was Normal or Fighting damage. Thus Shedinja (or any Pokemon Ghost really, but Shedinja is by many metrics the weakest and also has some coverage if you argue Wolverine's claws should count as steel type or something) can take it all with no problem.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I was going to say Aries after she did one of her "Prevent all damage" moves, but looking at it closer I realized all of it was Normal or Fighting damage. Thus Shedinja (or any Pokemon Ghost really, but Shedinja is by many metrics the weakest and also has some coverage if you argue Wolverine's claws should count as steel type or something) can take it all with no problem.
    What does a weaponised beam of hyper concentrated gravity class as? Because that's in the mix.