Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well we have an official title now:

The Exorcist: Believer

Also, looks like it bombed a test screening a month ago

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Is it just me or did anyone else find that the Exorcist III with George C. Scott was a better movie than the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Is it just me or did anyone else find that the Exorcist III with George C. Scott was a better movie than the first?
    I'm a big lover of III, but I definitely can't go so far as to say it's better than the original.

I was thinking about his question...III is technically a genre shift, isn't it? When a sequel does that its hard to gauge against the original. Cause if both are good it boils down to which genre you like more.

1 is the more technically superior movie...3 though is fun to watch. If that makes any sense. lol I forget what genre 2 was but 3 and the prequel (both versions) ignore it so I guess it doesn't matter.

Man, I could write a trilogy for the exorcist better than that. I do write horror, after all. :P

Movie Trilogy: 3 forces come together in a face-off that will determine the fate of two worlds.

Movie 1: Focuses on the villain right away. This is their story, told from their point of view as a reluctant agent of sinister forces. Their goal is to find a singular human who could become host to its essence to be trained to lead a legion of devils against a legion of demons.

Movie 2: Focuses on the Excorist, who is neither Christian nor Catholic, but a Pagan shaman who must work with the forces of the church to discover who the being that has inhabited the body of the victim is and must overcome not only their doubts about the spirit world but face the fact that the Christian Heaven and Hells, are not the only place that exists.

Movie 3: Focuses on the victim of the possession and their history. The Devil within and the Shaman battle in a place between the spaces or the material and the spirit. Ultimately, the victim willingly allows the entity to possess them fully, but not from fear or weakness. But a cooperative strength where the victim has allowed this all to transpire, to take over the entity's domain, to lead a revolt against the war raging in the hells. The shaman joins them as their advisor, and the devil within is in turn possessed by the victim.
    Last edited by Iatet; 06-03-2023 at 04:47 PM.

So, the hubbub is a trailer is coming soon, and in preparation, a trio of posters have been released NOW.

This one will probably be the most prevalent:

Two thoughts:

With Ann Dowd being one of the cast members, I think it would be cool if this is a surprise crossover with "Herditary". But, probably not gonna happen.

The image of the poster above, lends credence to one rumor about the tight-lipped plot (spoiler tag in case its true): spoilers:
    Not only is Captain Howdy back, he's now powerful enough to possess more than one person at the same time.
    end of spoilers

So it was revealed today, that part 2 in the trilogy will be called "The Exorcist: Deceiver" and will have an April 18th 2025 opening.

I'm guessing we won't get the name of part 3 until the trailer for part 2 next year...but I'm gonna guess now it'll probably be "The Exorcist: Redeemer" going by this naming convention.

Oh right, and the long-awaited trailer for The Exorcist: Believer, apparently first seen as one of the trailers before Oppenheimer:

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So it was revealed today, that part 2 in the trilogy will be called "The Exorcist: Deceiver" and will have an April 18th 2025 opening.

I'm guessing we won't get the name of part 3 until the trailer for part 2 next year...but I'm gonna guess now it'll probably be "The Exorcist: Redeemer" going by this naming convention.

Oh right, and the long-awaited trailer for The Exorcist: Believer, apparently first seen as one of the trailers before Oppenheimer:

That looks terrible I'll stick with 1 3 The Beginning Dominion the tv show or even part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That looks terrible I'll stick with 1 3 The Beginning Dominion the tv show or even part 2.
    I don't know, it looks interesting to me but mileage varies. It looks like they're not relying on jump-scares [much] so that's always a plus.

That reminds me, I haven't seen 2 in ages, I may watch it again just for kicks.

I don't know, it looks interesting to me but mileage varies. It looks like they're not relying on jump-scares [much] so that's always a plus.

I mean it looks like the same movie but it's 2 girls instead of 1....

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm with you, that trailer actually looked good to me.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

What did you guys find interesting about it? I like the mother coming back but that's it the demons look bad and it just looks like a generic demon possession movie right down to a church seen but it's 2 girls this time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What did you guys find interesting about it? I like the mother coming back but that's it the demons look bad and it just looks like a generic demon possession movie right down to a church seen but it's 2 girls this time.
    I liked just about everything in the trailer, it had a tense mood and the whole "true crime" feel of the girls disappearance sounds like a good bridge between reality and the paranormal and what little we saw of the demonic girls looked like classic Exorcist effects to me which I always loved.

I was pretty skeptical of this project and I'm still not sold on needing a trilogy but this trailer makes me want to watch this film atleast.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I liked just about everything in the trailer, it had a tense mood and the whole "true crime" feel of the girls disappearance sounds like a good bridge between reality and the paranormal and what little we saw of the demonic girls looked like classic Exorcist effects to me which I always loved.

I was pretty skeptical of this project and I'm still not sold on needing a trilogy but this trailer makes me want to watch this film atleast.
    Did you like any of the newer demon possession movies? Like The Last Exorcism or The Possession? Or any others?