Mighty Member

Default Current Status of YJ (especially Conner and Cassie) compared to Jonathan Kent

Hello,
    I must really say that I HATE the current Status of the 4 members of YJ:

-whole Team:
    The whole team’s history was erased, and they were treated as if they were a normal new teenage team. The fight in Issue 20 of Young Justice against Red Tornado, MADE NO SENSE. Conner fought several times against Superboy Prime, Gog etc. and he was NEVER knocked out so easily.

-Conner
    I don’t know how much of his history NOW is still intact, but I deeply HATE everything what happened to him in Rebirth:
    -he should be older than Jonathan Kent by some years
    -it was suggested that he might lose his powers
    -his history was completely erased as he came back in Rebirth
    -his personality is completely different to before (I HATE how they depict him now)
    -the body-type is better in Suicide Squad now
    -I HATE the Outfits (besides the Black Shirt and Jeans one)
    I HATE the Future State Look from him as Superman
    I also HATE the Young Justice Outfit which he was wearing in the Rebirth Area
    I DON’T understand why Jonathan Samuel Kent always get the cool looks, while Conners looks so strange
    Conner was different times seen as Superman (Black Zero before he became Black Zero), Ünternet Conner Kent, Sins of Youth and Titans of Tomorrow. All these Looks were much better than the strange Future State one
    -he loses ALL his Fights (Future State against Lor-Zod), current one against Red X
    -the others speak bad about him (Brainiac 5 saying that Conner did nothing (even we know that Conner fought against Superboy Prime and lost his life there, for example) or also the Suicide Squad “Teammates”
    -I fear that they really want to change his Origin in August
    -it’s annoying that he will seemingly forever be a farmer, even they could do so much with his Luthor side

[B]Jonathan gets support and has a ridiculous fast career, becoming Superman while Conner gets constantly humiliated and displayed as weak loser in Rebirth…Its frustrating and heartbreaking to see someone who even gave his life during crisis being constantly humiliated and used as a punching bag, while Jonathan didnt do anything besides being Clarks son.

-Bart
    -his history was also erased
    -he was once the fastest Flash ever (faster than Wally, Barry, and Jay together)
    -he even was a member of JL
    -during TT he matured and grow into the role as Kid Flash
    -during the Wally West Run they showed pictures of him as adult in the Impulse Outfit and I have to say it again, that it simply doesn’t work

-Tim
    -The Code-Name change to Drake and the costume change was unnecessary and never worked
    -he is always between “most intelligent man on earth” and kind of goofy guy
    (The Tim in the Batman Comics and the Tim then in the YJ Comics seemed to be EXTREMELY different guys)

-Cassie
    -I really don’t know who is worse: Cassie or Conner
    -Cassie got transformed into a timid girl, who is always in need of Diana
    -even worse to her NEW52 Version, the NEW52 Version was at least independent, cool, and always ready for a fight

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    I must really say that I HATE the current Status of the 4 members of YJ:

-whole Team:
    The whole team’s history was erased, and they were treated as if they were a normal new teenage team. The fight in Issue 20 of Young Justice against Red Tornado, MADE NO SENSE. Conner fought several times against Superboy Prime, Gog etc. and he was NEVER knocked out so easily.

-Conner
    I don’t know how much of his history NOW is still intact, but I deeply HATE everything what happened to him in Rebirth:
    -he should be older than Jonathan Kent by some years
    -it was suggested that he might lose his powers
    -his history was completely erased as he came back in Rebirth
    -his personality is completely different to before (I HATE how they depict him now)
    -the body-type is better in Suicide Squad now
    -I HATE the Outfits (besides the Black Shirt and Jeans one)
    I HATE the Future State Look from him as Superman
    I also HATE the Young Justice Outfit which he was wearing in the Rebirth Area
    I DON’T understand why Jonathan Samuel Kent always get the cool looks, while Conners looks so strange
    Conner was different times seen as Superman (Black Zero before he became Black Zero), Ünternet Conner Kent, Sins of Youth and Titans of Tomorrow. All these Looks were much better than the strange Future State one
    -he loses ALL his Fights (Future State against Lor-Zod), current one against Red X
    -the others speak bad about him (Brainiac 5 saying that Conner did nothing (even we know that Conner fought against Superboy Prime and lost his life there, for example) or also the Suicide Squad “Teammates”
    -I fear that they really want to change his Origin in August
    -it’s annoying that he will seemingly forever be a farmer, even they could do so much with his Luthor side

[B]Jonathan gets support and has a ridiculous fast career, becoming Superman while Conner gets constantly humiliated and displayed as weak loser in Rebirth…Its frustrating and heartbreaking to see someone who even gave his life during crisis being constantly humiliated and used as a punching bag, while Jonathan didnt do anything besides being Clarks son.

-Bart
    -his history was also erased
    -he was once the fastest Flash ever (faster than Wally, Barry, and Jay together)
    -he even was a member of JL
    -during TT he matured and grow into the role as Kid Flash
    -during the Wally West Run they showed pictures of him as adult in the Impulse Outfit and I have to say it again, that it simply doesn’t work

-Tim
    -The Code-Name change to Drake and the costume change was unnecessary and never worked
    -he is always between “most intelligent man on earth” and kind of goofy guy
    (The Tim in the Batman Comics and the Tim then in the YJ Comics seemed to be EXTREMELY different guys)

-Cassie
    -I really don’t know who is worse: Cassie or Conner
    -Cassie got transformed into a timid girl, who is always in need of Diana
    -even worse to her NEW52 Version, the NEW52 Version was at least independent, cool, and always ready for a fight
    Big surprise. You post these every few months. Why keep making new threads instead of just posting in the old ones? I know thread necromancy is frowned upon, but come on, dude.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Honestly it’s better to just make peace with their Pre Flashpoint ending. I doubt this gen will be revisited again or be provided with an A list writer after the 2 N52 failures and Bendis failure.

Incredible Member

If you've seen the spoiler-y cover to Suicide Squad #8 in the October solicits, it answers a lot of your Conner-related questions.

First post is wrong. Due to Infinite Frontier, if their histories weren't already restored, they are now.

Also, there's hints that Suicide Squad Conner is actually a version of Match, Conner's Bizarro (look at the October solicit!), and the real Conner is just being held prisoner.

Also, in Flash, that was Wally in the Impulse suit, not an adult Bart. When we see his reflection in a mirror, we see the real Bart, who looks like he always does.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-28-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman