Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default Spider-man 71 review

    It's good.I like the art.
    All we see from Peter is the preview.
    2 words
    Sins and Past.

    Full breakdown coming

  2. #2
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's good.I like the art.
    All we see from Peter is the preview.
    2 words
    Sins and Past.

    Full breakdown coming
    It was alright. Some interesting twists about Mysterio, but the Kindred stuff was the same references to the Harry that died in Spec #200, which we’ve already seen teases about for months. We get it. It’s in a holding pattern like a plane circling the airport. These non-essential ASMs while the real plot developments get dropped in Sinister War reminds me of when they did this during Clone Conspiracy. At least the ASM tie-in issues during that event still starred Peter; this one only had him in flashback to the Sinister War #1 fight for the first 3 or 4 pages, and that’s it. The rest of the issues is Mysterio, MJ, Kindred, Norman and some dull scene with Carlie and BND Harry. The Mysterio and MJ stuff is definitely the strongest part. The art was unique and interesting. Not sure I’d be down with that kind of art every issue, but good for a change!
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 07-28-2021 at 06:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    So Mysterio was in hell, very cool art here btw.Then Kindred came with a deal to him.
    He was returned to the mortal plane which is said to be Friendly neighborhood Spider-man 11-13.So underyork was Mysterio.They cancelled it so we may have missed stuff because of rushed ending.
    And in return Kindred gave him access to multiverse in 1610.
    The Kindred's visits became less until him coming back in ASM.

    Norman has a visit Mr. Kennord for Mendel Stormm's will.
    Only a deposit box with a key, I have no idea what this is.Help.
    But Norman knows exactly, Kindred's narration says it's time to face his Sins.
    He flies and goes to a mansion, maybe Europe.

    MJ and Mysterio go to her old Therapy place.
    MJ went to therapy after Gwen's death and Harry's.
    But Harry's death therpaist was ludwing rinehart a.k.a. mysterio.

    We go to Harry and Carlie.
    They talk and Harry says he feels no matter how happy he is that something is in the shadows and that none of this is real and it won't last.
    Then the prison doors open and Carlie asks now what.

    Kindred says he comes to harry's death bed way back when to feel what it felt like Pete letting him die a hero, but now he feels nothing.

    Mj asks why she can't remember that Ludwig Rinehart. Mysterio says memories are a tricky thing.

    Mysterio says he knows his own past with certanity and his future.He knows how this ends.

    He says they all have a part in this and that his big scene is coming up.

    Then Mysterio disappears and Kindred is there and says to MJ, it's just us now.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    It was alright. Some interesting twists about Mysterio, but the Kindred stuff was the same references to the Harry that died in Spec #200, which we’ve already seen teases about for months. We get it. It’s in a holding pattern like a plane circling the airport. These non-essential ASMs while the real plot developments get dropped in Sinister War reminds me of when they did this during Clone Conspiracy. At least the ASM tie-in issues during that event still starred Peter; this one only had him in flashback to the Sinister War #1 fight for the first 3 or 4 pages, and that’s it. The rest of the issues is Mysterio, MJ, Kindred, Norman and some dull scene with Carlie and BND Harry. The Mysterio and MJ stuff is definitely the strongest part. The art was unique and interesting. Not sure I’d be down with that kind of art every issue, but good for a change!
    Yeah.
    I mean from previews and covers we will have Kindred in ASM and Sinister teams in SW.
    since peter will be part of SW, I think ASM is gonna be just Kindred and others until 84.Damn shame.

    Also where do the other Spiders fit, what's the serum, etc.So many damn questions.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    Also memories altering, Osborn's Sins and a key to a mansion somewhere far enough, the past and Mendel Stromm I really hope sins past is done with.And I mean retconned, not reinforced.I just hope they do away with it.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also memories altering, Osborn's Sins and a key to a mansion somewhere far enough, the past and Mendel Stromm I really hope sins past is done with.And I mean retconned, not reinforced.I just hope they do away with it.
    While I agree, they'd have to reintroduce Sarah and Gabriel real fast to make it work. But then again, they brought Morlun back and dealt with him decently in Last Remains.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    While I agree, they'd have to reintroduce Sarah and Gabriel real fast to make it work. But then again, they brought Morlun back and dealt with him decently in Last Remains.
    They can either be clones, robots because of Mendell inclusion.They can also he chameleon spies as we saw finisher has a whole bunch and also Mephisto or Mysterio stuff.
    There are a lot of ways out.

  8. #8
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They can either be clones, robots because of Mendell inclusion.They can also he chameleon spies as we saw finisher has a whole bunch and also Mephisto or Mysterio stuff.
    There are a lot of ways out.
    It could be Goblin related too. Stromm created the original formula, and there were those visions of Peter dying at the hands of a Goblin during Last Remains...

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    It could be Goblin related too. Stromm created the original formula, and there were those visions of Peter dying at the hands of a Goblin during Last Remains...
    I meant about Gabriel and sarah stacy.How to explain that horrible story and retcon it

  10. #10
    Incredible Member Webhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    749

    Default

    These tie-ins seem like they're gonna spin their wheels a bit, which is a shame because SW #1 really got things going for a second.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    I enjoyed the backstory and connecting of the dots in this issue. A nice breather from the non-stop eventfulness of the SW#1.

    It was also nice to see MJ and Mysterio get more focus. Brought me back to the Amazing Mary Jane feels a bit!

  12. #12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I enjoyed the backstory and connecting of the dots in this issue. A nice breather from the non-stop eventfulness of the SW#1.

    It was also nice to see MJ and Mysterio get more focus. Brought me back to the Amazing Mary Jane feels a bit!
    Yeah, that was a good comic, and I'm still bitter it got canceled. That said, if Mysterio was Mary Jane's therapist all along . . . would that mean he knew Spider-Man's secret identity even before he killed himself after his big scheme went bust in Guardian Devil? And if Kindred was how Mysterio was able to access the Ultimate Universe in Spider-Men . . . well, that'll leave a few questions to answer. Small correction, though; the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11-13 referenced in this issue was the original FNSM by Peter David in the mid-2000s, not the relaunch by Tom Taylor from a couple of years back.

    That aside, the Kindred/Harry connection gets stranger and stranger, though one of my friends suggests it's a situation somewhat like Persona (4) where after his "revival" in One More Day, all his inner darkness has split into a form and life of its own, bearing all of Harry's anger and hatred and resentment and using the powers granted by his time in hell to vent that anger, hate, and resentment on Peter. In that vein, the only way Kindred will be truly defeated is when Harry finally takes responsibility for his own faults and failures instead of blaming everything on either Peter or his father Norman.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  13. #13

    Default

    I'm confused, if this is involving OMD, then why would Harry be Kindred already before OMD? The part of sending Mysterio back to Earth during the fight between the two other Mysterios happens in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man during the time of Civil War and before Peter made the deal with Mephisto.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I meant about Gabriel and sarah stacy.How to explain that horrible story and retcon it
    This issue did Introduce a possible way out. Maybe MJ had memories implanted by Mysterio during that second therapy session. But then you have the issue of Gabriel and Sarah.... I guess you could say they were clones or genetic children made by the Jackal and later used/manipulated by Norman or Harry/Kindred.

    You'd need to do a lot of complicated back flipping to get through all the hoops though.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    I'm confused, if this is involving OMD, then why would Harry be Kindred already before OMD? The part of sending Mysterio back to Earth during the fight between the two other Mysterios happens in Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man during the time of Civil War and before Peter made the deal with Mephisto.
    Well, time isn't relative in hell. Remember, OMD happened because Mephisto time travelled into the past to alter events. Kindred seems to have the same abilities if he could get Mysterio into the Ultimate universe. Wouldn't be a stretch to pop up back then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •