Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This issue did Introduce a possible way out. Maybe MJ had memories implanted by Mysterio during that second therapy session. But then you have the issue of Gabriel and Sarah.... I guess you could say they were clones or genetic children made by the Jackal and later used/manipulated by Norman or Harry/Kindred.

You'd need to do a lot of complicated back flipping to get through all the hoops though.
    Complicated or not, I prefer this retcon over keeping the story that Gwen cheated on Peter, had those children of Norman and MJ kept quiet for years.
    Last edited by Jonathangoop1811; 07-28-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Mighty Member

This issue did Introduce a possible way out. Maybe MJ had memories implanted by Mysterio during that second therapy session. But then you have the issue of Gabriel and Sarah.... I guess you could say they were clones or genetic children made by the Jackal and later used/manipulated by Norman or Harry/Kindred.

You'd need to do a lot of complicated back flipping to get through all the hoops though.
    I don't think you really do. Just make it Mephisto. He was putting artificial roadblocks in the way of the Spider-marriage so that they would question each other, feel awkward or regretful about stuff, and thus be more willing to sell the marriage to him in OMD.

But honestly, if it gets rid of Sins Past I don't care if it's complicated or even stupid. Just retcon that right the hell away and call it good. JMS never should have written it after editorial torpedoed the kids being Pete's. Just shelve the whole idea and move on. I'm honestly surprised it's been this long and nobody has just chucked the entire story whole cloth into the retcon waste bin yet. Might as well be Spencer while we're clearing the deck of terrible, editorial driven JMS era screw ups.

Mighty Member

If we're looking at Spencer's run mechanically (that is, that certain plots had to be there to get to the end), I'd say that Gabriel and Sarah were Chameleons would be the obvious answer. Many of the plots have run their course or had their purpose become obvious (MJ and Mysterio gets you the implanted memories, Hunted gives us a new Kraven and the Savage Six, etc.), but that one is still a bit underdeveloped without much time left.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't think you really do. Just make it Mephisto. He was putting artificial roadblocks in the way of the Spider-marriage so that they would question each other, feel awkward or regretful about stuff, and thus be more willing to sell the marriage to him in OMD.

But honestly, if it gets rid of Sins Past I don't care if it's complicated or even stupid. Just retcon that right the hell away and call it good. JMS never should have written it after editorial torpedoed the kids being Pete's. Just shelve the whole idea and move on. I'm honestly surprised it's been this long and nobody has just chucked the entire story whole cloth into the retcon waste bin yet. Might as well be Spencer while we're clearing the deck of terrible, editorial driven JMS era screw ups.
    Getting rid of Sins Past would be a good thing, I do not think there is anyone who actually likes it. For me it is not quite the worst. I rank OMD/BND, The Other and Silk as worse stories. If Spencer gets rid of that story and OMD he might even get an A Grade from me and I have been rough on him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Yeah, but just how far back does Mephisto's manipulations go if we take that route?
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-28-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    If we're looking at Spencer's run mechanically (that is, that certain plots had to be there to get to the end), I'd say that Gabriel and Sarah were Chameleons would be the obvious answer. Many of the plots have run their course or had their purpose become obvious (MJ and Mysterio gets you the implanted memories, Hunted gives us a new Kraven and the Savage Six, etc.), but that one is still a bit underdeveloped without much time left.
    I think that is leading to the reveal BND Harry is. In this issue he has the memories of what happened in Spec #200 and so on, but he has something telling him it is a lie.

Extraordinary Member

Not really.They can be mephisto stuff as well, or chameleons schools introduced are perfect for this.Or clones.

And any number of loopholes are worth it to get this sh*t story retconned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Complicated or not, I prefer this retcon over keeping the story that Gwen cheated on Peter, had those children of Norman and MJ kept quiet for years.
    All this.
    F*ck that story

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Getting rid of Sins Past would be a good thing, I do not think there is anyone who actually likes it. For me it is not quite the worst. I rank OMD/BND, The Other and Silk as worse stories. If Spencer gets rid of that story and OMD he might even get an A Grade from me and I have been rough on him.
    Nah it single handedly ruined a dead character and dragged the others down.It's second worse for me.
    Silk is pointless but not harmful and I like the other.Again even if one doesn't, it's harmless in the ling run.
    OMD is horrible though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nah it single handedly ruined a dead character and dragged the others down.It's second worse for me.
    Silk is pointless but not harmful and I like the other.Again even if one doesn't, it's harmless in the ling run.
    OMD is horrible though.
    "The Other" would have been better if it was contained to Amazing and was shorter. It is just too bloated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Not really.They can be mephisto stuff as well, or chameleons schools introduced are perfect for this.Or clones.

And any number of loopholes are worth it to get this sh*t story retconned.
    My preferred way to address it would be for Gabriel and Sarah to be genetic offspring to Gwen (akin to Laura Kinney/Logan). Something cooked up by The Jackal and "rescued" at some point by Norman. Who decided to raise them in secret and fuel their hatred against Peter. Pretty easy to forge Gwen's handwriting and post the letter from "her" to Peter in order to really mess with him. Seems like a spiteful thing he'd do.

Norman factors into all this. Likewise Stromm. Which is funny since Gaunt was originally supposed to be Harry in The Clone Saga. I don't think Norman's sins are addressing Sins Past . More likely it is his role in whatever is going on with BND Harry.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-28-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

My preferred way to address it would be for Gabriel and Sarah to be genetic offspring to Gwen (akin to Laura Kinney/Logan). Something cooked up by The Jackal and "rescued" at some point by Norman. Who decided to raise them in secret and fuel their hatred against Peter. Pretty easy to forge Gwen's handwriting and post the letter from "her" to Peter in order to really mess with him. Seems like a spiteful thing he'd do.

Norman factors into all this. Likewise Stromm. Which is funny since Gaunt was originally supposed to be Harry in The Clone Saga. I don't think Norman's sins are addressing Sins Past . More likely it is his role in whatever is going on with BND Harry.
    I just want their "affair" to be retconned.I don't care how they do it.

And I hope it's Sins Past/So much Sins and Past talk.2 references and europe.Could be harry but I hope it's this

Astonishing Member

At this point it would be pretty easy to retcon Sins Past, since we already know, that Mysterio/Kindred could manipulate MJ, and implant those memories about Gwen cheating on Peter. The problem is that we still need an explanation about Sara and Gabriel origins, and also, it would be pretty out of nowhere, since they weren't even mentioned in this run.
    More likely it is his role in whatever is going on with BND Harry.
    I'm sure BND-Harry is just a clone. Norman couldn't get over with his death, and that's why he created him. The most obvious explanation of this entire puzzle with BND-Harry and Kindred.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    At this point it would be pretty easy to retcon Sins Past, since we already know, that Mysterio/Kindred could manipulate MJ, and implant those memories about Gwen cheating on Peter. The problem is that we still need an explanation about Sara and Gabriel origins, and also, it would be pretty out of nowhere, since they weren't even mentioned in this run.

I'm sure BND-Harry is just a clone. Norman couldn't get over with his death, and that's why he created him. The most obvious explanation of this entire puzzle with BND-Harry and Kindred.
    They can be clones, or just memories tricks.Or better yet the chameleons which means they would have the advancements and they would believe they are indeed who they were playing as.

The idea to undo Sins Past by making Gabriel and Stacy a genetic clones/hybrids between Gwen and Norman is good. It's also in character for Norman, to lie about this stuff and torment Peter. The foundation is there with Mysterio-therapist implanting fake memories.

If they undo Sins Past? That's fine with me. But I want to know about Kindred and OMD Harry. The story moves so slowly... And I'm afraid it's going to be like Last Remains. Please Spencer, deliver this time.