Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There will definitely be a lot of stuff in these issues.OMD is the main issue but not the only one by far.

And it hurts so bad knowing that when we do get the reveals of OMD in 84 it will get sidelined for Beyond so we won't even get Peter and MJ dealing with the aftermath smh
    I'm considering just holding all the issues until Spencer's run ends and reading it all in one go. At this stage in the run I think I'd find that more satisfying but then I run the risk of spoilers.

I agree about the aftermath, I really dislike it when a writer does a big reveal or set up then doesn't follow through on exploring it. It feels cheap.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know? The whole thing around Kindred just got a lot more ilogical.

I mean, Mysterio's death happened in 1999, and his resurrection (thanks to Kindred) came at 2006. But these events came BEFORE One More Day (2007). So, if Kindred is really the "original" Harry Osborn, how is it possible he's trying to torture Peter by the OMD if he was already plotting against Peter even before that?

This doesn't have any sense at all!
    Bob.schoonover already addressed it, but just for simplicity sake, I'd like to add it's pretty obvious* Kindred exists as a result of BND, BUT he exists before the events that took place in BND. Basically, history was rewritten with some minor changes.

*obvious only with the information we have now at our disposal. Red herrings may be involved in all this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm considering just holding all the issues until Spencer's run ends and reading it all in one go. At this stage in the run I think I'd find that more satisfying but then I run the risk of spoilers.

I agree about the aftermath, I really dislike it when a writer does a big reveal or set up then doesn't follow through on exploring it. It feels cheap.
    Agreed.The entire run and specially this will read much better in TPB.

Yeah, that's always annoying and this is the biggest and most requested thing for Spidey(Sins Past is a close second but that's mostly ignored when this can't).Even worse not only is it not gonna be followed through the characters are just getting sidelined so any chance of seeing aftermath(Kinda impossible to avoid it in this case) is gone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    By my count a total of 16 posters made a comment on this thread. Completely unscientific but for the build up to Spencer's end of run and Kindred conclusion, seems like a small number. Am I wrong? Really hoping the answer is yes
    I'm one of them and I read ASM in trade so I'm just speculating out my ass. Not sure if that helps or hurts your argument
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

The sales for ASM are excellent.Top 3 this week from bleedingcool IIRC.
    It has done consistently well.

Fantastic Member

P sure Spidey, X-Men, and Avengers will sell strong regardless of content on the Marvel side, especially Spidey, hence the weekly release schedules it's been constantly and Beyond keeping the same step, it's their bread and butter title.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    P sure Spidey, X-Men, and Avengers will sell strong regardless of content on the Marvel side, especially Spidey, hence the weekly release schedules it's been constantly and Beyond keeping the same step, it's their bread and butter title.
    Avengers aren't doing as good IIRC.
    X-men main title is, others vary.
    ASM is great but we will see a slight dip in Beyond imo(after the first 2-3 issues).

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I'm one of them and I read ASM in trade so I'm just speculating out my ass. Not sure if that helps or hurts your argument
    I tend to feel like I think better of Spencer's run from reading it in trades...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I tend to feel like I think better of Spencer's run from reading it in trades...

Hi , I think that you make a great point.
    As much as I like buying ASM every 2 weeks or so. This last issue was disappointing in that it tried to do too many things in just 19 pages . 19 pages for $3.99 , give me a break Marvel . Maybe it's better to wait for the Trade ?

Mighty Member

Having just read Spiderman 71,i just have to say finally its coming to a head with kindred .I still don't know where its going.But I'm guessing Kindred is post harry and the other harry came in BND So its 2 Harrys before and after still I will say great issue

Mighty Member

The sales for ASM are excellent.Top 3 this week from bleedingcool IIRC.
    It has done consistently well.
    link I would love to here the sales

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    link I would love to here the sales
    Just go to the Spider-man discussion thread on comicvine, they post it there every weak.I think you can get the link there(their is a bit of a problem rn so maybe not this week's but you can get all the previous ones).

Extraordinary Member

Sins Past being addressed seems more likely every issue, even Screenrant think so now
    https://screenrant.com/spiderman-gwe...con-sins-past/

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Sins Past being addressed seems more likely every issue, even Screenrant think so now
    https://screenrant.com/spiderman-gwe...con-sins-past/
    Unless they all throw us for a loop and it turns out to be baby Mayday from way back when. Though I'm betting it's going to be that the Twins are still alive or maybe his daughter, or the original two were actually clones of the actual kids of Norman and Gwen?

BANNED

Over in Daredevil 33, Spidey just went after 3 clones of Bullseye off-page..#s it wrong that I'd really rather see that than what's happening in ASM right now?