Default Yelena Belova Appreciation 2021

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jqBiIXXU7I

Appreciation thread for Yelena Belova-

Can anybody clarify what all happened when she was turned into a super-adaptoid and the aftermath of all that, leading into her current status?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

To make a long story short, she was kept in stasis by A.I.M. and eventually revived in Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers as A.I.M. Island's Minister of Security or something like that. Following the fallout from that, she ended up in the post-Secret Empire Tales of Suspense (Featuring Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier) by Matthew Rosenberg, which revealed that the Red Room kept the DNA of its most prized operatives in storage to clone them with altered memories so they would only be loyal to the Red Room, but the psychic mutant bear named Ursa Major gave (the clone of) Natasha Romanoff all of her memories so she could (and would) tear down the Red Room for exploiting the Black Widows even after their deaths. Since the current series by Kelly Thompson, she's become more of an anti-hero (at least in comparison to Natasha) and she and Natasha are working together as partners and allies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    To make a long story short, she was kept in stasis by A.I.M. and eventually revived in Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers as A.I.M. Island's Minister of Security or something like that. Following the fallout from that, she ended up in the post-Secret Empire Tales of Suspense (Featuring Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier) by Matthew Rosenberg, which revealed that the Red Room kept the DNA of its most prized operatives in storage to clone them with altered memories so they would only be loyal to the Red Room, but the psychic mutant bear named Ursa Major gave (the clone of) Natasha Romanoff all of her memories so she could (and would) tear down the Red Room for exploiting the Black Widows even after their deaths. Since the current series by Kelly Thompson, she's become more of an anti-hero (at least in comparison to Natasha) and she and Natasha are working together as partners and allies.
    Point of Order....it was Epsilon Red who did the psychic programming...Ursa Major just bribed him to give the Natasha clone all her memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Point of Order....it was Epsilon Red who did the psychic programming...Ursa Major just bribed him to give the Natasha clone all her memories.
    Thanks for the correction.

Fantastic Member

Thanks for the summary. It’s cool that Yelena’s profile has been raised by the movie. However, even as a Widow fan I’ve found Yelena’s history over the past decade and a half confusing as hell. It’s probably for the best that they’ve moved her into a simpler position as Natasha’s partner, more in line with her movie appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    Thanks for the summary. It’s cool that Yelena’s profile has been raised by the movie. However, even as a Widow fan I’ve found Yelena’s history over the past decade and a half confusing as hell. It’s probably for the best that they’ve moved her into a simpler position as Natasha’s partner, more in line with her movie appearance.
    You're welcome, and yeah, I'd generally agree with that.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone reading the Winter Guard series?

1st issue came out 2 weeks or so back and the story is being told as a flashback from Yelena's POV.

I am also hoping that Alexi gets specifically defined as a SSS recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Anyone reading the Winter Guard series?

1st issue came out 2 weeks or so back and the story is being told as a flashback from Yelena's POV.

I am also hoping that Alexi gets specifically defined as a SSS recipient.

Interesting. That would be cool to see.