Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 268

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default S.W.O.R.D #7 Spoilers/Review Thread

    So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.
    Working with does not equal working for.

    Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    Last edited by loke13; 07-28-2021 at 09:39 AM.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member JamJams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    So the Mysterium was stolen from the white hot room. That seems dangerous as Doom said and I imagine the attacks on the Kree/Skrull has something to do with Dormmamu sensing the material on their respective planets. But I also think this is Brand playing 5-D chess. She's counting on the material to attract all the wrong attention to the other empires which will keep them in a weaker state which only helps Sol's position in the galaxy.

    I'm also glad Storm is keeping her Gala outfit as her royal attire cause it is fantastic.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So the Mysterium was stolen from the white hot room. That seems dangerous as Doom said and I imagine the attacks on the Kree/Skrull has something to do with Dormmamu sensing the material on their respective planets. But I also think this is Brand playing 5-D chess. She's counting on the material to attract all the wrong attention to the other empires which will keep them in a weaker state which only helps Sol's position in the galaxy.

    I'm also glad Storm is keeping her Gala outfit as her royal attire cause it is fantastic.
    The mutants and by extension the X-men are currently doing a lot of things that fall into the category of "We shouldn't ask if we can do it, but if we should do it?".

    The resurection protocol, joining force with their mutant villians, interlinking super powers to the point of organic machinery, heavily relying on Krakoa (a hive mind they can't even directly communicate with without a special mutant) for all their needs and technologies, terraforming Mars, placing a whole civilization of agressive mutants on it, trying to gain a foothold in intergallactic politics (despite only having a magic island a bit on a rush terraformed planet as power basis) and now stealing materials from the White Hot Room.

    One of these things would allready be ripe for a story about hubris. Not to forget how many of these are breaking the unwritten law of what super heros are allowed to create and have last. So the mutants are more or less starting to get themself a fine collection of damocles swords hovering over their heads.

    On a side note. For a material from that kind of place of origin, it's properties sound rather unimpressive.

  5. #5
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    she works with them, not for them which i think is being confused here

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    Ok well the issue is way better than this discription.

    I know everyone is sick of the tie ins that SWORD has to deal with BUT I'll disagree w Twitter and state that I acutally think Ewning is one of the writers that can move his own story forward while dealing w story beats that are happening in other parts of the marvel universe.

    I do think they need to give him some air to breathe to move forward some mutant story beats though.

    The art was great.

    The Storm and Doom scene was as expected. Storm is not putting up with any of his shenanigans.

    Agent Brand is someone I've never been interested in but I do like reading her in this series. She really is making things happen that might bite Krakoa in the ass later.

    Can't wait till we get Cable, Storm, and Brand altogether.

  7. #7
    Out Fighting for Peace! AJpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,303

    Default

    I am supremely annoyed and yet not shocked.

    Brand doing dirty deeds in the Dark. Gets Krakoa deniability but no ones going to care. Mutant did a Bad and Krakoa must pay. Nevermind that even back in Astonishing where SWORD premiered, Brand was pulling this crap.

    Its the spy stuff. Its gonna bite them in the butt.

    Also good on Storm zapping Doom. I care not for his fans or so called Noble Demon label. Doom gets away with so much crap and yet everyone still keeps him around.

    I feel bad for Ted though.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

    -God I am so tired.

    SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,821

    Default

    Any theories on Brand's plan for Storm?

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

    Especially since they nearly managed to accidentally 616 into a Cancerverse

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member CoCoBandz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Some bag...
    Posts
    3,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

    Especially since they nearly managed to accidentally 616 into a Cancerverse
    It's funny hearing "I wore gloves" from mister Rabum Alal.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

    THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,233

    Default

    United States of Cap is my book of the week but this was a close second followed by wolverine. Everything about this issue of sword just felt fresh. Brand is a savage. lol. She is definitely going to get savaged playing with the three royals. I love it! lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  12. #12
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts, Land of Witches
    Posts
    535

    Default

    This Agent Brand is clearly working with Beast.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

    Especially since they nearly managed to accidentally 616 into a Cancerverse
    Really? How did that nearly happened and how were they involved?

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    419

    Default

    It makes me very sad to hear that the media ends up whitening the Romanis, and a lot of people end up ignoring it, I'll never accept what they did to Scarlert Witch in MCU, and I bet they will do it to Doom too.

  15. #15
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    7,799

    Default

    Good now...can we actually get a decent review/synopsis?
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •