Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default S.W.O.R.D #7 Spoilers/Review Thread

So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.
    Working with does not equal working for.

Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    Last edited by loke13; 07-28-2021 at 09:39 AM.

So the Mysterium was stolen from the white hot room. That seems dangerous as Doom said and I imagine the attacks on the Kree/Skrull has something to do with Dormmamu sensing the material on their respective planets. But I also think this is Brand playing 5-D chess. She's counting on the material to attract all the wrong attention to the other empires which will keep them in a weaker state which only helps Sol's position in the galaxy.

I'm also glad Storm is keeping her Gala outfit as her royal attire cause it is fantastic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So the Mysterium was stolen from the white hot room. That seems dangerous as Doom said and I imagine the attacks on the Kree/Skrull has something to do with Dormmamu sensing the material on their respective planets. But I also think this is Brand playing 5-D chess. She's counting on the material to attract all the wrong attention to the other empires which will keep them in a weaker state which only helps Sol's position in the galaxy.

I'm also glad Storm is keeping her Gala outfit as her royal attire cause it is fantastic.
    The mutants and by extension the X-men are currently doing a lot of things that fall into the category of "We shouldn't ask if we can do it, but if we should do it?".

The resurection protocol, joining force with their mutant villians, interlinking super powers to the point of organic machinery, heavily relying on Krakoa (a hive mind they can't even directly communicate with without a special mutant) for all their needs and technologies, terraforming Mars, placing a whole civilization of agressive mutants on it, trying to gain a foothold in intergallactic politics (despite only having a magic island a bit on a rush terraformed planet as power basis) and now stealing materials from the White Hot Room.

One of these things would allready be ripe for a story about hubris. Not to forget how many of these are breaking the unwritten law of what super heros are allowed to create and have last. So the mutants are more or less starting to get themself a fine collection of damocles swords hovering over their heads.

On a side note. For a material from that kind of place of origin, it's properties sound rather unimpressive.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    she works with them, not for them which i think is being confused here

Ok well the issue is way better than this discription.

I know everyone is sick of the tie ins that SWORD has to deal with BUT I'll disagree w Twitter and state that I acutally think Ewning is one of the writers that can move his own story forward while dealing w story beats that are happening in other parts of the marvel universe.

I do think they need to give him some air to breathe to move forward some mutant story beats though.

The art was great.

The Storm and Doom scene was as expected. Storm is not putting up with any of his shenanigans.

Agent Brand is someone I've never been interested in but I do like reading her in this series. She really is making things happen that might bite Krakoa in the ass later.

Can't wait till we get Cable, Storm, and Brand altogether.

I am supremely annoyed and yet not shocked.

Brand doing dirty deeds in the Dark. Gets Krakoa deniability but no ones going to care. Mutant did a Bad and Krakoa must pay. Nevermind that even back in Astonishing where SWORD premiered, Brand was pulling this crap.

Its the spy stuff. Its gonna bite them in the butt.

Also good on Storm zapping Doom. I care not for his fans or so called Noble Demon label. Doom gets away with so much crap and yet everyone still keeps him around.

I feel bad for Ted though.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Any theories on Brand's plan for Storm?

Astonishing Member

While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

Especially since they nearly managed to accidentally 616 into a Cancerverse

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

It's funny hearing "I wore gloves" from mister Rabum Alal.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

United States of Cap is my book of the week but this was a close second followed by wolverine. Everything about this issue of sword just felt fresh. Brand is a savage. lol. She is definitely going to get savaged playing with the three royals. I love it! lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

This Agent Brand is clearly working with Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

Really? How did that nearly happened and how were they involved?

It makes me very sad to hear that the media ends up whitening the Romanis, and a lot of people end up ignoring it, I'll never accept what they did to Scarlert Witch in MCU, and I bet they will do it to Doom too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Good now...can we actually get a decent review/synopsis?
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!