Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 268
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So it's all about Brand, Ororo, Doom, Wiccan and Hulklin this issue, no others involved?
    Just a red shirt Kree super-soldier who gets enough dialog to make you feel bad when he dies horribly.
    No longer 'Biden' our time, hur hur hur.

  2. #32

    Default

    Manifold shows up to help Teddy but basically yes

  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    United States of Cap is my book of the week but this was a close second followed by wolverine. Everything about this issue of sword just felt fresh. Brand is a savage. lol. She is definitely going to get savaged playing with the three royals. I love it! lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,654

    Default

    I would say the power is getting to her head but she already was like this before lol still I would not like to be her when Storm discovers what she did or Teddy or the Avengers or all of them because this time she doesn´t have the excuse of stopping a war like in the case of the snark war.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Good point. I'm not too familiar with Brand's character/style but it's going to be very interesting to see how she and Storm vibe. Ororo obviously would never play such games as Brand did here. Other than that I'm not too interested in this crossover event.

    This, however, gave me life and I can't wait for more from our Queen and Planet Arakko.

    This one gave me life. dinnerisover.jpg

    "ororo..." and she like "no! this ain't no date." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This one gave me life. dinnerisover.jpg

    "ororo..." and she like "no! this ain't no date." lol
    "At least I acted with decorum..." Booooy you turned her into a statue and then LIED about it to her FACE you're lucky the only thing she did was break the table.

  7. #37

    Default

    Though for all of Doom’s grandstanding he did have a point about mysterium and throwing things of balance, which I feel like is an allusion to the Living Tribunal.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    Maybe this gets explained later but I’m confused how stopping the Alliance dispatch to Alpha Flight prevents the Avengers from being aware of what’s going on in space. We know that there’s a BP tie-in to this event and he’s Chairman of the Avengers who also happens to rule like 5 galaxies, surely he’d be aware of an intergalactic invasion. Maybe he doesn’t inform the rest of the team and keeps it on a need to know basis but the most influential and relevant Avenger has direct knowledge of what’s going on and may even be in a position to help out. Just something weird I noticed but we’ll see.

    Other than that SWORD continues to be my favorite X-book. Storm was expectedly confident, effective, and stern with Doom. Brand’s scheming is interesting and hopefully will have implications moving forward. I don’t care for any of the Young Avengers but I thought Hulking was handled well and his dynamic with that Kree general was fun. Just a really solid issue, but I really want more Storm and Arakki which issue #8 seems to give. I also want to see how Storm and Brand interact and work together with what’s looking to be very different leadership styles and approaches to politics.

  9. #39
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts, Land of Witches
    Posts
    519

    Default

    This Agent Brand is clearly working with Beast.

  10. #40

    Default

    Good point about BP. I can't imagine he waits to hear from Alpha Flight to act.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    This Agent Brand is clearly working with Beast.
    Didn’t they use to smash? Please lord don’t let these shady fools reunite.

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member djoki96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Didn't Brand learn anything from Fury and Hill? These kinds of secrets tend to come back and bite you in the ass. Hard. And not in a good way, either.

  13. #43
    Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Massachusetts, Land of Witches
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn’t they use to smash? Please lord don’t let these shady fools reunite.
    Who knows if they even ever broke up?

  14. #44
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Maybe this gets explained later but I’m confused how stopping the Alliance dispatch to Alpha Flight prevents the Avengers from being aware of what’s going on in space. We know that there’s a BP tie-in to this event and he’s Chairman of the Avengers who also happens to rule like 5 galaxies, surely he’d be aware of an intergalactic invasion. Maybe he doesn’t inform the rest of the team and keeps it on a need to know basis but the most influential and relevant Avenger has direct knowledge of what’s going on and may even be in a position to help out. Just something weird I noticed but we’ll see.

    Other than that SWORD continues to be my favorite X-book. Storm was expectedly confident, effective, and stern with Doom. Brand’s scheming is interesting and hopefully will have implications moving forward. I don’t care for any of the Young Avengers but I thought Hulking was handled well and his dynamic with that Kree general was fun. Just a really solid issue, but I really want more Storm and Arakki which issue #8 seems to give. I also want to see how Storm and Brand interact and work together with what’s looking to be very different leadership styles and approaches to politics.
    the black panther tie in probably take place after this. his empire might just be attacked later and that's how he gets involved.

  15. #45
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Didn’t they use to smash? Please lord don’t let these shady fools reunite.
    Then don't remind people.
    "Cable was right!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •