Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 268
  1. #76
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oof. That stings.
    lolol yea that was messed up. I felt for him a bit until he shaded Ro. Unacceptable.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  2. #77
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Who's writing it so I know to stay far away from their work?
    Dan Slott i don't want to say it's his work though because it actually did start off really good but somewhere around after Valeria created the forever Gate it just all fell apart. Same with Avengers. After the arc where Shehulk and Thor started to connect it just started falling apart so maybe it was a mandate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sounds like itís time to pair him up with Iceman and let the chaos ensue.
    Bobby actually seems to have his shit together he's lowkey too good for Johnny as he is now.

  4. #79
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Ex-CUSE me, Johnny Storm had a metric fuckton of UST with Daken, so if anyone is going to get him out of the closet it should be him!
    Not like Daken & Bobby don't also have sexial tension now that he's chilled down & Christians dead they could form an OT3

  5. #80
    Extraordinary Member jwatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Not like Daken & Bobby don't also have sexial tension now that he's chilled down & Christians dead they could form an OT3
    Johnny just needs to get back to Lyra so she can shape shift into all his needs. Not everrybody feels the need to scream it from the roof top. That's okay too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

    My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

    Number of People on my ignore list: 0

  6. #81
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    does brands plan fall apart if anyone questions why she knew to show up?
    Brands plan would fall apart if anyone asks Gyrich.
    I have a crack theory that carol might figure it out. She might use Lauri-ell's Accuser hammer to do so, maybe finding the nano-cameras (because if Lauri is hurt, carol's invested)
    Of course, this is only very far fetched at this moment.
    Perhaps I see some connections, like ewing recalling Ororo swam with the acanti, and Binary Carol was part of that story freeing the acanti soul, meaning he might use her further as part of the cosmic x-men

    We might see brand vs ororo/carol... maybe because brand seems to have something shady cooking for ro

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    2,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Brands plan would fall apart if anyone asks Gyrich.
    I have a crack theory that carol might figure it out. She might use Lauri-ell's Accuser hammer to do so, maybe finding the nano-cameras (because if Lauri is hurt, carol's invested)
    Of course, this is only very far fetched at this moment.
    Perhaps I see some connections, like ewing recalling Ororo swam with the acanti, and Binary Carol was part of that story freeing the acanti soul, meaning he might use her further as part of the cosmic x-men

    We might see brand vs ororo/carol... maybe because brand seems to have something shady cooking for ro
    Yea some Brand/Ororo conflict seems likely given their vastly different leadership styles and sense of morality. Brand's aggressive, shady dealings aren't going to go over well with Storm who tends to be more overt and heroic with her actions.

    And if Brand's plans somehow involve manipulating Arakko as a means of securing more alliances/resources that'll definitely cause trouble too. Even though Storm isn't technically one of them, she is their appointed ruler of sorts and won't let them be treated as expendable. Really ripe opportunities for both characters to play with the intergalactic politics that have been at the core of Ewing's recent work.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Johnny just needs to get back to Lyra so she can shape shift into all his needs. Not everrybody feels the need to scream it from the roof top. That's okay too.
    I’m actually hoping that Lyja ends up on SWORD and gives her ex Paibok a much needed beat down.
    Marvel corner box petition: please sign and share with your friends https://chng.it/yr5j2dvwzB

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    It was in the first Jane Foster series after War of the Realms. Valkyrie, I think? Death was 'dying' because of the Green Door stuff in Immortal Hulk and the resurrection protocols making people think Death doesn't have power anymore. If Death 'dies' in a universe the universe becomes a Cancerverse.

    Its still a potential problem down the line.
    Ok, i've been following Hulk during this whole green door debacle which seems to entering some big battle between the Hulks and Leader and could end up taking that away but that would still leave the X-men and their resurrection protocols. I kind of would like to see Death appear before them and tell them "You idiots nearly got me killed and the rest of the universe with me so knock it off!"

  10. #85
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    At least the art on those pages is funny.

    I'm a huge fan of Billy and Teddy and I'm continually pissed they don't have their own series about trying to make the galaxy better, so seeing Brand intentionally fuck them over hurts my soul. I already hated Brand for being so holier than thou and smug, but this issue puts her in Beast territory for me. Die in a fire, covered in salt, and stepping on LEGOS, Brand.

    Here's the thing about Doom: he's usually right, just smug and overly proud and selfish about it. He's usually wrong in that he thinks he's the ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE YOU FOOLS!, when in reality guys like Star Lord, Hulkling and Nova are much more likely to save the day here. Storm putting him down was a neat power move, but stomping his smug elitism with her own smug elitism made the whole thing hollow. And right now Krakoa is sitting on almost a full dozen nuclear ticking time bombs of horrible decisions, so I can't root for them.
    Well, she is not just screwing them over, she also made the Avengers look like they don't care, and she may have hidden from them the fact that Wanda is dead but is she aware that Billy's brother saw her body? That right there is a major issue to her plan.

    Also as someone stated that since Wakanda is a galactic power as well and they most likely are being attacked as well just as the other superpowers are then BP will find out and then he and the other Avengers will go to Gyrich and demand why they were not informed of this crisis towards one of their allies so that's seems like another potential issue.

    Then there is of course the fact that she is hiding this from the eyes of the council, showing another person whose actions work against them, i mean whatever plan she has that involves Storm can't be any sort of good given that it start with her letting innocent people be slaughter by Dormmamus forces. And there is no way Billy and Ted will let that past no matter how much she thinks he will "owe" her.

    The Doom/Ororo debacle, yes it was funny in away seeing her lose her temper with him and throw lighting at him (because that is how we all solve our problems, by shooting lighting at them)...but i have to side with Doom especially since they are talking about the White Hot Room, because that sounds like Phoenix territory and nothing good ever comes form dealing with that cosmic fire turkey. And on the off chance the Phoenix doesn't get involved they still messed with forces beyond their control because they thought why not show how much better we are then the human? I mean for all we know this act did indeed had a hand in bringing Dormmamu to the universe, time will tell but i do feel there will and should be consequences, their own Prometheus stealing fire consequences.

    I honestly fail to see how that future Cable spoke of where mutants win happens with this many screw ups, and if they do what the cost will be.

  11. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ok, i've been following Hulk during this whole green door debacle which seems to entering some big battle between the Hulks and Leader and could end up taking that away but that would still leave the X-men and their resurrection protocols. I kind of would like to see Death appear before them and tell them "You idiots nearly got me killed and the rest of the universe with me so knock it off!"
    She's fine, just being dramatic. See the scan, post #15.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...c-Entity-Death
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  12. #87
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She's fine, just being dramatic. See the scan, post #15.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...c-Entity-Death
    Hmm, not sure that was the right choice to make as far as he reaction goes. I mean when the Elders of the Universe screwed with her she cursed them to never die, which they wanted but still her reaction was understandable. When some scientist was about to prove her existence, by that i mean death is a actual entity, she wiped him out. Here that reaction she gave just feels so...meh.

  13. #88
    Cosmic Sandwich Metal Sphere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    246

    Default

    When I saw what Brand did, I let out a real quick JFC. As others have pointed out not only is it an EASILY discovered bit of deceit from multiple angles, the cold callousness of it would seriously upset the following parties:

    - Avengers
    - Alpha Flight
    - Storm
    - The Quiet Council
    - Hulking, Wiccan and pretty much the ENTIRE Skrull/Kree alliance

    If any villain ever got their hands on this piece of information, they'd doom S.W.O.R.D. and Brand would wind up worse than Hill or Fury. Man, letting that many innocent and valiant people die just for political expediency is some Beast-level garbage. Doom and Storm's interaction was entertaining as I expected to be, and like someone mentioned earlier Doom is often right but he's like the worst tasting medicine imaginable. In time it'll be cool to see how this Mysterium stuff is resolved since White Hot Room material is just immediately bad-news******* stuff.

  14. #89
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    17,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    When I saw what Brand did, I let out a real quick JFC. As others have pointed out not only is it an EASILY discovered bit of deceit from multiple angles, the cold callousness of it would seriously upset the following parties:

    - Avengers
    - Alpha Flight
    - Storm
    - The Quiet Council
    - Hulking, Wiccan and pretty much the ENTIRE Skrull/Kree alliance

    If any villain ever got their hands on this piece of information, they'd doom S.W.O.R.D. and Brand would wind up worse than Hill or Fury. Man, letting that many innocent and valiant people die just for political expediency is some Beast-level garbage. Doom and Storm's interaction was entertaining as I expected to be, and like someone mentioned earlier Doom is often right but he's like the worst tasting medicine imaginable. In time it'll be cool to see how this Mysterium stuff is resolved since White Hot Room material is just immediately bad-news******* stuff.
    It's not like he doesn't know a thing or two and after all he's one of the MUs best polymaths. He has more books on arcana than Doctor Strange.



  15. #90
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    The Doom/Ororo debacle, yes it was funny in away seeing her lose her temper with him and throw lighting at him (because that is how we all solve our problems, by shooting lighting at them)...but i have to side with Doom especially since they are talking about the White Hot Room, because that sounds like Phoenix territory and nothing good ever comes form dealing with that cosmic fire turkey. And on the off chance the Phoenix doesn't get involved they still messed with forces beyond their control because they thought why not show how much better we are then the human? I mean for all we know this act did indeed had a hand in bringing Dormmamu to the universe, time will tell but i do feel there will and should be consequences, their own Prometheus stealing fire consequences.
    I thoroughly enjoyed all the insinuations and subtle/unsubtle discussion between Storm and Doom, but ended up being on Doom's side by the end of it. I never would have thought I'd have sided with Victor over Ororo.

    It really is getting a bit much with the Mutants telling everyone that they are so much better and superior. If she really is the regent/diplomat for Arrako and the Sol system, Storm needs to throttle that back a little.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •