Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.
    Who is also likely to be resurrected by the 5 and to have her mutant status restored.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Who is also likely to be resurrected by the 5 and to have her mutant status restored.
    That's a no for me chief

People complaining about brand when she always has been like this smh

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    People probably didn't expect her to be written like this since she was the protagonist sort of with SWORD, but I think Ewing's going with Ororo for the protagonist now, and its gonna be brand vs ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    People probably didn't expect her to be written like this since she was the protagonist sort of with SWORD, but I think Ewing's going with Ororo for the protagonist now, and its gonna be brand vs ororo
    If they know the character they wouldnít expect anything else

Oh, yeah, and Doctor Doom was always a narcissistic tyrant, so I don't understand why people dislike him for still being one, just like I can't understand why people dislike Skull for being a Nazi. He was always a Nazi, the characterization is spot on, so there's no reason to dislike him. /s

Keep in mind, no one's complaining about her characterization, people just dislike her for what she did. The fact that she was always like that doesn't change anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That's a no for me chief
    Itís not about you. Either something is written or not. They seem to be moving toward restoring the twins as mutants and as Magnetoís children. If thatís the case Krakoa resurrects her, in part to avoid major diplomatic incidents.

I wonder what is happening, psychologically, when I find myself so fervently drawn to and enamored by shady and/or deplorably behaving fictional characters.

Doom is a terrible person. Brand is a terrible person. And yet I find finger hovering over the "I STAN" button. Ready to push. Ready to smash even. They're just SO fun to read when written this well.

The same applies to Sinister and Akihiro and even blessed Magneto. Historically, these are some bad dudes, you know? And yet I'm like "MOAR PLZ"

But then we have folks like Hank Mccoy and I just cannot apply the same level of grace. The mind is a wild, wild, chaotic and confusing mess.

Anyways... I loved this issue & any anxieties I may have had about Caselli taking over for Schiti (zero disrespect, they're both wildly talented, its just an aesthetical association thing you know?) have been extinguished.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wonder what is happening, psychologically, when I find myself so fervently drawn to and enamored by shady and/or deplorably behaving fictional characters.

Doom is a terrible person. Brand is a terrible person. And yet I find finger hovering over the "I STAN" button. Ready to push. Ready to smash even. They're just SO fun to read when written this well.

The same applies to Sinister and Akihiro and even blessed Magneto. Historically, these are some bad dudes, you know? And yet I'm like "MOAR PLZ"

But then we have folks like Hank Mccoy and I just cannot apply the same level of grace. The mind is a wild, wild, chaotic and confusing mess.

Anyways... I loved this issue & any anxieties I may have had about Caselli taking over for Schiti (zero disrespect, they're both wildly talented, its just an aesthetical association thing you know?) have been extinguished.
    i think the problem people have with beast doing this shit vs say brand or doom is they historically do these morally grey or just plain bad things all the time, while beast is a heroic character who always is supposed to do the right thing. same reason people stopped liking hank pym, reed richards or even wanda.

That seems...unclear. it's likely she comes back, but the mutant part isn't a guarantee.
    That also wouldn't justify murdering someone's mom, not telling their family because it'd be politically inconvenient to admit their big human-mutant relations event was a bust, and presumably keeping Tommy locked up in Krakoa to help cover up his mom's murder.

It’s not about you. Either something is written or not. They seem to be moving toward restoring the twins as mutants and as Magneto’s children. If that’s the case Krakoa resurrects her, in part to avoid major diplomatic incidents.
    I have no doubt she’ll be eventually given her mutant status back. However the trouble now is that they can’t even try without everyone finding out what the mutants are doing…

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i think the problem people have with beast doing this shit vs say brand or doom is they historically do these morally grey or just plain bad things all the time, while beast is a heroic character who always is supposed to do the right thing. same reason people stopped liking hank pym, reed richards or even wanda.
    Yupp.

Except, personally...Pym is a non-issue. Reed is...Reed. And while I truly felt sorry for her at the time, I never stopped liking Wanda.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

While enjoying this era for the new stories it has to offer this issue solidified my problem with how mutants are written. I really liked the battle of words between Ororo and Victor until it turned physical. What was the point of that lightning? Was it a show of power to scare off Doom? If that's the case he had faced godly beings in the past. Was she dismissing his warnings of what tempering with WHR may cause? At the end it felt like hubris which Victor is well known for but I didn't know the same applies to Ororo. And I know Victor always has an ulterior motive which he made apparent in his talk but I would much rather see a clash of words than how it actually ended. And Brand's plan was more than just risky. All it'll take is a telepath looking into her mind to learn the truth and surprise surprise there is one in the ranks of Guardians. Or they can just call Gyrich and ask him. Not to mention lying to Teddy's face about Wanda. Oh and she's part responsible for the deaths on Throneworld as she waited for the perfect moment to intervene. If any of this information goes out it can cause an interstellar crisis. On the other hand I really liked Manifold. The guy just wanted to help and he was clearly unaware of Brand's machinations.

People really have some unconsious bias when it comes to Storm.

Doom is Doom.

And Agent Brand; although she did what she did I side w Fokken in that I actually like that she did this.

Did it affect the Kree and Skrulls A LOT? Hell yeah it did and this is going to give us good story beats down the line.

Beast IMO has been written like a smug white cis furry with a superiority complex for so long that I just find him boring now.

I hope Ewing starts streamlining his issues to focus more on the mutants moving forward.

But this IS imo one of the better series from the X-line currently.

Astonishing Member

The part I'm more confused about is people being faux outraged over galatic politics. Brand's job is to protect Sol and expand it's galactic interest through diplomacy and often times subterfuge. So pretty much just like any other Galactic Empire...