Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I have no problem with Storm not accepting Doom's offer. My problem is how it's presented. Let's think of it this way. If Storm needs Doom's help for some reason down the line and Doom dismisses her the same way she did this issue are people gonna be okay with it? If the answer is yes then we have no problem.

Aaaaaaah, BUT there would be a difference!

Storm would never approach someone for help or to provide help by telling that person that they are beneath her and that they know fuck-all about what they are messing with and that she would be the only person that can help but only with a price.

Additionally I would be very vexed with Ewing if he set up this whole dinner just so that Storm has to eat crow and sidle up to Doom for his help.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Nice! Do we know where this is from?
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no I unfortunately don't. I saw it on twitter. if I find out will let u know.
    That is Comixology's rankings for digital sales this week. See, put Doom on the cover and you get a number one book. Or you put Doom in his own series and you get Christopher Cantwell's Eisner nominated series.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Aaaaaaah, BUT there would be a difference!

Storm would never approach someone for help or to provide help by telling that person that they are beneath her and that they know fuck-all about what they are messing with and that she would be the only person that can help but only with a price.

Additionally I would be very vexed with Ewing if he set up this whole dinner just so that Storm has to eat crow and sidle up to Doom for his help.
    It would vex you but it wouldn't surprise me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That is Comixology's rankings for digital sales this week. See, put Doom on the cover and you get a number one book. Or you put Doom in his own series and you get Christopher Cantwell's Eisner nominated series.
    thanks I wasn't sure what the source was!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think this is a false equivalency. storm has not treated doom the way he has throughout their history of knowing each other:

Okay, fair enough. Wasn't Ororo the first one to strike in Rogue Storm when she realized Doom's trap? And she almost destroyed Castle Doom and everyone in it when she became furious so I don't think she's exactly a victim in that story. Though you're right about Doomwar. Still it doesn't change how I feel about this story though I'm happy for those that liked it.

Okay, fair enough. Wasn't Ororo the first one to strike in Rogue Storm when she realized Doom's trap? And she almost destroyed Castle Doom and everyone in it when she became furious so I don't think she's exactly a victim in that story. Though you're right about Doomwar. Still it doesn't change how I feel about this story though I'm happy for those that liked it.
    you didn't like this issue? why not?

and yes she attacked once she realized she had been setup:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Of course it will be okay. In fact, that is a possibility the story is setting up. We have to wait and see what happens.

The thing is, at least for me, a lot of the problem I have with the conversations with mutants "don't know what they're doing" or "are playing gods" or "are closing the door to humans" is that it removes the fact that whether they fail or not is not as important as to see if they story leads to somewhere engaging or not. They could fall. Of course they could fall this whole thing could blow up in their faces. But it also could go okay. We won't know until we reach the end of this era, whenever that is. I think given their history in the MU and their experiences mutants have earn the right to play this as close to the vest as they choose. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Not if it involves acting like Reed or Tony and having to come behind them to clean up the mess or mutants having to come to them cause they messed with cosmic forces thinking they could handle just because they are mutants.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

you didn't like this issue? why not?
    The dinner ended differently than I thought. Overall I liked it enough but I didn't love it. Though as I said I'd like to see Ororo stretch her muscles against Dormammu and more Doom is always a plus.

The dinner ended differently than I thought. Overall I liked it enough but I didn't love it. Though as I said I'd like to see Ororo stretch her muscles against Dormammu and more Doom is always a plus.
    gotcha thanks for your thoughts here!!

will be curious to see how doom will come into further down the line.

By the way I really like Ororo from most of what I read. It's just that since he's my favorite I may have some biases when Doom's involved in a story which can be hard to admit sometimes. I'm looking forward to Ororo's role in the title going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Queen of suckers! You people are insane. You know what one of the major qualities of a leader is? Wisdom!

Storm all but admitted her mistake and rather putting her/mutant pride aside to stop a small issue from becoming a big one, she's gone full diva and turned down the experience of someone who knows what she's up against.

But hey it's a good thing mutants can't really die any more, because if anyone outside the mutant bubble finds out what they did, The galactic community would destroy them.

Pure incompetence!
    Doom and Namor haven't fought in nearly twenty-five years in real time. Since 2005, Doom has been playing up what a great ally and friend Namor was, and even nearly destroyed Norman Osborn's dark Avengers for threatening him and his pal. I say this to emphasize what a nut Doom actually is, because during the fiasco that was his wedding, one of the first things he tried to do was kill Namor!

Decades of friendship flushed in a heartbeat over one moodswing. And that was with a close friend, he doesn't even give a f*** about most mutants, so how's Storm supposed to trust this psycho with the future of her planet??
    No longer 'Biden' our time, hur hur hur.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Doom and Namor haven't fought in nearly twenty-five years in real time. Since 2005, Doom has been playing up what a great ally and friend Namor was, and even nearly destroyed Norman Osborn's dark Avengers for threatening him and his pal. I say this to emphasize what a nut Doom actually is, because during the fiasco that was his wedding, one of the first things he tried to do was kill Namor!

Decades of friendship flushed in a heartbeat over one moodswing. And that was with a close friend, he doesn't even give a f*** about most mutants, so how's Storm supposed to trust this psycho with the future of her planet??
    To be fair the wedding is written by Dan Slott. It's like judging Havok and Archangel's characters from Chuck Austen's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They're rocking it on the Marvel digital app too.

I love the history Storm and Doom have, and I enjoyed both of them in this issue.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

IIRC Doom and Namor had a falling out around the time Namor starting hanging around Emma Frost and the rest of the X-Men. At least it doesn't seem like they are that closely allied anymore since Secret Wars 2015. I don't think Namor's behavior during the wedding is going to endear him to Doom either.

To be fair the wedding is written by Dan Slott. It's like judging Havok and Archangel's characters from Chuck Austen's run.
    And this is true also !

By the way I really like Ororo from most of what I read. It's just that since he's my favorite I may have some biases when Doom's involved in a story which can be hard to admit sometimes. I'm looking forward to Ororo's role in the title going forward.
    we all have bisses for our favorites so its understandable lol. I of course have mine for storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They're rocking it on the Marvel digital app too.

I love the history Storm and Doom have, and I enjoyed both of them in this issue.
    yes I enjoyed the issue too.