Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

A thought occurs that 1) if the sharing of knowledge of Mysterium is what change the mystical balance of things then the timing of Brand’s presentation probably explains why Strange was freaking out at the gala, rather than anything as mundane as Arrako (and yes, from his unique perspective it is) and 2) if it did tip the balance and allow Dormammu gain a permanent foothold in 616, then it occurs to me that Brand and Beast are now on the suspect list for Dr Strange’s upcoming death (to cover tracks/install a mutant in the SS role)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Would a seperate serie forcussed on Storm and the Arakki/Mars, with the same set-up (Security Team, Medical Team etcetera) work?

I was wondering as SWORD has now such a large cast, I wondered if they divide it among two series (SWORD and Storm and the Arakki) would work.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "

Mighty Member

If brand is smart, she'd have predicted this and would use the Mysterium as an element for a type of "bomb".

On the surface it'd look like the mysterium bomb defeated the enemy. But in actuality the mysterium breaking down would make Dormammu lose his anchor to this world and disappear because of that.

But since the universe would believe SWORD's resources helped defeat this new powerful enemy (instead of having caused it in the first place), they'd have more influence than ever.

Doom probably would've caught on to it though, and could use this information as leverage against Brand/Krakkoa including if he figures out brand's fake rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Would a seperate serie forcussed on Storm and the Arakki/Mars, with the same set-up (Security Team, Medical Team etcetera) work?

I was wondering as SWORD has now such a large cast, I wondered if they divide it among two series (SWORD and Storm and the Arakki) would work.
    Honestly... that would be ideal, but I can see the X-Office being hesitant to launch more titles when the last 3 series they launched don't seem to be making it past 6 issues.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly... that would be ideal, but I can see the X-Office being hesitant to launch more titles when the last 3 series they launched don't seem to be making it past 6 issues.
    I believe X-Corp, Way of X and CotA were all meant to be mini series, they just did not tell in advance (smart move though), like they do with Trial and Inferno.
    "I have been dancing with you my entire life "

I believe X-Corp, Way of X and CotA were all meant to be mini series, they just did not tell in advance (smart move though), like they do with Trial and Inferno.
    I doubt some of those series (especially Way of X and X-Corp) would have stayed mini-series if sales were successful. I'm also sure they wanted SWORD to get a sales boost/ extra attention by getting an A-lister like Storm.

Sooo, they get that Mysterium from the White Hot Room? The headquarter where every past present and future Phoenix host lives?
    Not to forget the Phoenix force itself?

Will surely work out without problems for S.W.O.R.D when they mine the metal there…

Astonishing Member

I love the amount of people saying the Hadari Yao needs to humble herself.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love the amount of people saying the Hadari Yao needs to humble herself.
    IKR!

And for Doom...of all people...stteeeuupppssss.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    IKR!

And for Doom...of all people...stteeeuupppssss.
    I dont really jive to the Hadari stuff but...seriously its Doom. For all his "Wise and Best Villain" stuff, he keeps doing the dumb things he warns people about.

I'd rather Storm do her thing and rise/fall without knowledge from a hypocrite and villain.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I agree, Dr Doom does have a point in that they are dealing with forces they are not used to deal and this could come back to bite them back but he was offering a devil´s bargain that could be worse in the long term than the problem they already have, they could call Magik who was a student of Dr Strange, Selene or Dr Strange himself if things on the magical front really get out of hand, there would no be a need to depend on Victor specially when he was already acting as if Storm or Arakko owned him something. A bad deal is a bad deal and Storm reacted according to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Sooo, they get that Mysterium from the White Hot Room? The headquarter where every past present and future Phoenix host lives?
    Not to forget the Phoenix force itself?

Will surely work out without problems for S.W.O.R.D when they mine the metal there…
    That's what happens when Jean rejects you. The spoils from the white hot room are now fair game.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Fantastic Member

No. What makes you think it would? All you would be doing is creating a fricking mess.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 07-30-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Random: I always imagine Brands voice as Paget Brewster

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I don't really jive to the Hadari stuff but...seriously its Doom. For all his "Wise and Best Villain" stuff, he keeps doing the dumb things he warns people about.
    Yeah, he's right that he's got experience with this sort of thing and how it all goes pear-shaped, if only because *he's messed it up every time.*

I recall the first time he stole the power cosmic from the Silver Surfer, at the beginning he's all 'All this power being wasted! I could do so much for my people with such power!' and then he steals the power and goes on a wild ranting tear on the surfboard, blasting stuff, cackling like a madman and watching people run in terror, rather than do a single thing 'for his people.'

Yes, pride goeth before a fall, and there's some sketchy and short-sighted stuff going on, but Doom is *hardly* in a position to throw stones!

If he had an ounce of humility, and a tad more self-awareness, he'd start with "So, I've been where you are, and I've messed it up every time, so just check yourself, as the saying goes, because it's easy to get caught up in how successful you have been so far, and not stick the landing..."

But that wouldn't be Doom. It's totally in-character that he'd be an arrogant dick about even offering advice.