Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Yes. Lets stop acting like the real powers that be on our earth (in universe and real life) dont do shady shit lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    While enjoying this era for the new stories it has to offer this issue solidified my problem with how mutants are written. I really liked the battle of words between Ororo and Victor until it turned physical. What was the point of that lightning? Was it a show of power to scare off Doom? If that's the case he had faced godly beings in the past. Was she dismissing his warnings of what tempering with WHR may cause? At the end it felt like hubris which Victor is well known for but I didn't know the same applies to Ororo. And I know Victor always has an ulterior motive which he made apparent in his talk but I would much rather see a clash of words than how it actually ended. And Brand's plan was more than just risky. All it'll take is a telepath looking into her mind to learn the truth and surprise surprise there is one in the ranks of Guardians. Or they can just call Gyrich and ask him. Not to mention lying to Teddy's face about Wanda. Oh and she's part responsible for the deaths on Throneworld as she waited for the perfect moment to intervene. If any of this information goes out it can cause an interstellar crisis. On the other hand I really liked Manifold. The guy just wanted to help and he was clearly unaware of Brand's machinations.
    Storm was worshipped as a goddess by the time she was a teenager was dubbed Wind Rider, became one of the most powerful memebers of the X-men, lead the X-Men depowered, became Queen of Wakanda, attained godhood and was named Hadari Yao, and then was dubbed Queen of Planet Arrako and the Voice of Sol. The one thing Storm isn't is meek. Doom and Storm are both rulers and both equals and yes she gave as good as she got. And yes destroying the table and flying while she dismisses Doom was for dramatic effect. Doom and Storm both enjoy their dramatic entrances/exits.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed all the insinuations and subtle/unsubtle discussion between Storm and Doom, but ended up being on Doom's side by the end of it. I never would have thought I'd have sided with Victor over Ororo.

It really is getting a bit much with the Mutants telling everyone that they are so much better and superior. If she really is the regent/diplomat for Arrako and the Sol system, Storm needs to throttle that back a little.
    Absolutely, this hubris/arrogance is bordering on maniacal

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Both he and She can be very extra when they're ready.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Storm was worshipped as a goddess by the time she was a teenager was dubbed Wind Rider, became one of the most powerful memebers of the X-men, lead the X-Men depowered, became Queen of Wakanda, attained godhood and was named Hadari Yao, and then was dubbed Queen of Planet Arrako and the Voice of Sol. The one thing Storm isn't is meek. Doom and Storm are both rulers and both equals and yes she gave as good as she got. And yes destroying the table and flying while she dismisses Doom was for dramatic effect. Doom and Storm both enjoy their dramatic entrances/exits.
    All of this and the two of them have a long history. He was no more surprised by her bolt than I was.

Boop! Krakoa forever!

She was already dismantling Doom with her words which was really well done. She doesn't need to throw lightning to not be meek. I was expecting a diplomatic dinner and for the most part I got it. It's just that her demeanor at the end is not of a diplomats. I'd like to see her flex her muscles against Dormammu which I'm sure we'll get. But what she did this issue felt pointless to me but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yes. Lets stop acting like the real powers that be on our earth (in universe and real life) dont do shady shit lol
    I don't have a promlem with Brand doing shady stuff. That's how it goes in real life. My problem however is that if she's gonna pull something like this she should have thought more about it. All it would take is Moondragon scanning her mind and the whole thing would blow up in her face though I guess it soon will. Maybe not this particularly but sooner or later one of her secrets will get out and Krakoa will be blamed for it.

I guess the mutants declaring one of their own the Queen Of The Solar System is probably, on balance, barely any crazier than an African nation handing out godhoods to mortals like Oprah.

I don't understand how throwing lightning is meek.

Meek means quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.

Yes. I googled it because it made me think of a mouse
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-29-2021 at 09:35 AM.

I googled it too. English is not my native language so sorry if what I'm writing comes off wrong. What I'm saying is not throwing lightning at a diplomatic meeting doesn't mean she is meek.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    She was already dismantling Doom with her words which was really well done. She doesn't need to throw lightning to not be meek. I was expecting a diplomatic dinner and for the most part I got it. It's just that her demeanor at the end is not of a diplomats. I'd like to see her flex her muscles against Dormammu which I'm sure we'll get. But what she did this issue felt pointless to me but that's just me.
    I feel like people are acting like the threw the lightning AT him. His demeanor was also not that of a diplomat when he started talking down to her. At the end of the day this is a superhero comic and this is a medium that loves to have flashy moments like Storm standing up triumphantly while lightning rains down. If the X-Men and Krakoa were to act more like a realistic nation than wed never get to see them use their powers again and people would complain about the comics being boring.

Right? The lightning bolt is the super hero equivalent of slamming a fist on the table or tossing a drink in the face of someone insulting you. Its FUN and FLASHY.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like people are acting like the threw the lightning AT him. His demeanor was also not that of a diplomat when he started talking down to her. At the end of the day this is a superhero comic and this is a medium that loves to have flashy moments like Storm standing up triumphantly while lightning rains down. If the X-Men and Krakoa were to act more like a realistic nation than we’d never get to see them use their powers again and people would complain about the comics being boring.
    This fact seems to be much overlooked.
    This is Doom. He was basically playing "amiable" thinking she would roll-over...until he overplayed his hand and she responded accordingly.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2021 at 10:13 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

I personally have no issue with her throwing lighting around to make a point, i mean it's Doom, he doesn't care who you are he will make you take a swing at him eventually...and in a way he did that with her. Which again i feel like he came off as the victor of the conversation then her because she lost her cool, but the thing that makes me at least be more on his side is that he does have a history of being proven right and more so i feel i want him to be right because i want to see some actual consequences when messing with the forces of creation and whatnot.

Just on the same note that i want to see consequences to what Brand did, i mean anyone who first saw her back in Astonishing knows she is the kind of person who believes in the end justifying the means, she let that alien warlord run rampant and "cure" one the kids and also probably knew about Colossus who was secretly being kept in captivity after they take his lifeless body and be tortured.

And now we have not only these recent actions but some plot against Storm and hiding all this from the QC. So yeah, i am not surprised by this but am surprised by how long it took her to go back to stabbing people in the back for the greater good.

I do question if new readers will look up her history because of this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like people are acting like the threw the lightning AT him. His demeanor was also not that of a diplomat when he started talking down to her. At the end of the day this is a superhero comic and this is a medium that loves to have flashy moments like Storm standing up triumphantly while lightning rains down. If the X-Men and Krakoa were to act more like a realistic nation than wed never get to see them use their powers again and people would complain about the comics being boring.
    Yeah. What was she supposed to do? He was literally offering her a devil's deal. You can't let Doom do you a major favor for some unspecified repayment later down the road. She'd have been the queen of suckers if she just rolled over and said yes.
    No longer 'Biden' our time, hur hur hur.