Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default S.W.O.R.D #7 Spoilers/Review Thread

So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So Storm does still work for Krakoa, like I predicted as does Brand, but Brand is just doing shady shit to the side. So at least there's some semblance of SWORD being independent from Krakoa even if it's only one person, and done by having the rest of Sword lying and gaslighting Teddy, to break the ice they caused be ause of their hatred of his mother, who someone (likely on the Council) killed and is now being covered up.
    Working with does not equal working for.

Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    Last edited by loke13; 07-28-2021 at 09:39 AM.

So the Mysterium was stolen from the white hot room. That seems dangerous as Doom said and I imagine the attacks on the Kree/Skrull has something to do with Dormmamu sensing the material on their respective planets. But I also think this is Brand playing 5-D chess. She's counting on the material to attract all the wrong attention to the other empires which will keep them in a weaker state which only helps Sol's position in the galaxy.

I'm also glad Storm is keeping her Gala outfit as her royal attire cause it is fantastic.

Spectacular Member

so is the mutants taking the mysterium from the the white hot room the reason dormammu was able to take over ego and is attacking the galaxy now? also i knew there had to be a reason for the avengers and ff not come help teddy at the end of empyre. brand really is playing with fire and will 100 percent blow up in her face.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Question why on Earth did you think SWORD wasn't working with Krakoa especially since Krakoa is bankrolling them?
    she works with them, not for them which i think is being confused here

Ok well the issue is way better than this discription.

I know everyone is sick of the tie ins that SWORD has to deal with BUT I'll disagree w Twitter and state that I acutally think Ewning is one of the writers that can move his own story forward while dealing w story beats that are happening in other parts of the marvel universe.

I do think they need to give him some air to breathe to move forward some mutant story beats though.

The art was great.

The Storm and Doom scene was as expected. Storm is not putting up with any of his shenanigans.

Agent Brand is someone I've never been interested in but I do like reading her in this series. She really is making things happen that might bite Krakoa in the ass later.

Can't wait till we get Cable, Storm, and Brand altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    brand really is playing with fire and will 100 percent blow up in her face.
    Yeah, and she deserves for it to blow up in her face. How many people died while she was monitoring the planet for the "optimum" time to come to the "rescue".
    Last edited by thjan; 07-28-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so is the mutants taking the mysterium from the the white hot room the reason dormammu was able to take over ego and is attacking the galaxy now? also i knew there had to be a reason for the avengers and ff not come help teddy at the end of empyre. brand really is playing with fire and will 100 percent blow up in her face.
    And when it does I can't wait to see how she thinks on her feet to get a win off.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Working with does not equal working for.

I said I didn't think they were working for Krakoa. I thought the Sol stuff early on meant they had to look at the bigger picture, but in fact it was foreshadowing for Planet Size's reveal of Krakoa ruling the whole solar system

Imagine if Sword had fucked up & Abigail shady ass had let Teddy die on accident then they got the Wanda bomb aswell lmao that would be a fun day for Billy stans.

Also I gotta say Storm is that bitch, Doom is so hysterical to me his entire character is just so over the top he amuses me, also I was impressed with how long Teddy held out even with Abigail blocking his communications, like I'm a huge YA stan but I gotta be real I didn't think Teddy had it in him to drop that many bodies without Billy in his corner I was impressed. If the Great ring gets attacked I hope we finally see some action from the Arrako Mutants!
    Last edited by Journey; 07-28-2021 at 09:59 AM.

I am supremely annoyed and yet not shocked.

Brand doing dirty deeds in the Dark. Gets Krakoa deniability but no ones going to care. Mutant did a Bad and Krakoa must pay. Nevermind that even back in Astonishing where SWORD premiered, Brand was pulling this crap.

Its the spy stuff. Its gonna bite them in the butt.

Also good on Storm zapping Doom. I care not for his fans or so called Noble Demon label. Doom gets away with so much crap and yet everyone still keeps him around.

I feel bad for Ted though.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Imagine if Sword had fucked up & Abigail shady ass had let Teddy die on accident then they got the Wanda bomb aswell lmao that would be a fun day for Billy stans.
    Seeing him cry twice as hard would be a fun day for his fans? That's pretty twisted.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Any theories on Brand's plan for Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Seeing him cry twice as hard would be a fun day for his fans? That's pretty twisted.
    Are you kidding hell yeah it would be! You should see his fanbase on Twitter we been planning Teddy's funeral for weeks!

Astonishing Member

While Doom deserved his smack, taking his “I wore gloves” comment as a tacit admission that he had to sneak up to the Above Place does raise the issue that, yes, stealing the Mysterium will bring consequences that Krakoa/Arrako can beat with ‘witness mutant supremacy!”

Especially since they nearly managed to accidentally 616 into a Cancerverse