Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.

Doom is the last person to be offering anyone "helpful advice". And then he goes and make the mistake of talking down to a strong woman, and a Black woman at that...? His tin-can ass is lucky Storm purposely didn't strike him directly.

That...and the fact it sets up a sweet conflict for the future.
    Some Storm fans can't wait to see her go up against Dormmamu...in some "battle of the Gods" stuff while I'm here waiting for her to go toe to toe with Viktor and open him up like a tin of sardines. He's an egotistical twat but when written true Doom can throw down and hard. Alas...(If I have one major disappointment with modern-day comics is the distinct lack of issue-heavy one-on-one fights)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-31-2021 at 04:50 AM.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Incredible Member Bunch of Coconuts's Avatar

Let’s not pretend Doom’s armor wouldn’t have protected him from a lightning bolt…

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I know she's been "Lightning Lass" for over a decade but Storm can do much more than throw lightning bolts.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Doom’s help always comes with strings attached, just think about how he “helped” wanda when she was looking for ways to recover her sons souls
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously.

Doom is the last person to be offering anyone "helpful advice". And then he goes and make the mistake of talking down to a strong woman, and a Black woman at that...? His tin-can ass is lucky Storm purposely didn't strike him directly.

That...and the fact it sets up a sweet conflict for the future.
    Some Storm fans can't wait to see her go up against Dormmamu...in some "battle of the Gods" stuff while I'm here waiting for her to go toe to toe with Viktor and open him up like a tin of sardines. He's an egotistical twat but when written true Doom can throw down and hard. Alas...(If I have one major disappointment with modern-day comics is the distinct lack of issue-heavy one-on-one fights)
    QFT.... Doom went up against a being far stronger than Storm and still ended up with the victory, despite the Beyonder vivisecting him at the same time.

Extraordinary Member

Who would win depends on whose book it is, and what the writer(s) want.

It has nothing to do with the past or present capabilities of Doom or Storm, or the value of their arguments, or the worthiness of their cause, or the strength of their character.

And when Storm wins ('cause, newsflash, it ain't *his* book), it'll get retconned to having been a Doombot or AU Doom cosplaying Skrull imposter or something eventually anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Who would win depends on whose book it is, and what the writer(s) want.

It has nothing to do with the past or present capabilities of Doom or Storm, or the value of their arguments, or the worthiness of their cause, or the strength of their character.

And when Storm wins ('cause, newsflash, it ain't *his* book), it'll get retconned to having been a Doombot or AU Doom cosplaying Skrull imposter or something eventually anyway.
    Doom will not be in the next issue of Sword so it is unlikely that they will encounter each other any time soon. Doom will be rejoining Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy next in issue #17

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    QFT.... Doom went up against a being far stronger than Storm and still ended up with the victory, despite the Beyonder vivisecting him at the same time.

Calling B.S. on the all powerful Doom crap. If he's that damn great and hanging with celestial gods, then why is he ever beaten by these identified "lesser" heroes. The same writing that had Doom take Silver Surfer's power is the same way Storm can, and would beat Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Calling B.S. on the all powerful Doom crap. If he's that damn great and hanging with celestial gods, then why is he ever beaten by these identified "lesser" heroes. The same writing that had Doom take Silver Surfer's power is the same way Storm can, and would beat Doom.
    Doom is written as a villain in most stories. At the end of the day the good guys have to win. It's the same reason Thanos, Galactus, Kang, Ultron, Magneto, Apocalypse and any other major villain get defeated countless times in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    See below. This is just common sense. Villains mostly lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Doom is written as a villain in most stories. At the end of the day the good guys have to win. It's the same reason Thanos, Galactus, Kang, Ultron, Magneto, Apocalypse and any other major villain get defeated countless times in the comics.
    Doom probably has been allowed more victories or stalemates is simply because the writers just like to write Doom. He's had more solo series that some heroes I can name, the last one being Eisner nominated. They know that they can do some outrageous, crazy things with him at make it work. It was announced that Marvel is even coming out with a Doctor Doom omnibus in 2022.

Hickman did a sneaky thing and made it look like there was some mysterious force that was out there to thwart the Beyonders in his long arc that started in his Fantastic Four and continued into his New Avengers. But all along he was really doing an homage to the first Secret Wars and it ended up with Doom going up against not just one Beyonder but all of them....and winning. Hickman is a big Doom fan...and he's not the only one at Marvel.

He even drew a sketch for me at the C2E2 convention.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

It's interesting that all your statement concerning doom vs storm is irrelevant, Ewing writes the comics if Ewing wants storm to school doom she would do that. If he want doom to have the final laugh he would do that. It's ultimately irrelevant afterall if this dinner proved anything is that doom doesn't have his shit together.

Take away their powers, magic and armor.

Let them both fist fight. I'd rather read that than another joke of a dinner.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's interesting that all your statement concerning doom vs storm is irrelevant,
    I don't agree. What exactly do you think is irrelevant?

Ewing writes the comics if Ewing wants storm to school doom she would do that. If he want doom to have the final laugh he would do that.
    That goes without saying. I think Ewing balanced things out pretty well. Doom wasn't interested in a battle. He just was came to see why Storm set up the meeting and once there he let her know that he knows that they've been up to.

It's ultimately irrelevant afterall if this dinner proved anything is that doom doesn't have his shit together.
    How did you come to that conclusion? He knows just as much as the X-Men know or probably even more about Mysterium and how they produced it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Take away their powers, magic and armor.

Let them both fist fight. I'd rather read that than another joke of a dinner.
    That can be fun though there is this

ii1yed5w0udz.jpg

How's Storm barehanded? I've read she's pretty deadly with a knife or dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    That can be fun though there is this

ii1yed5w0udz.jpg

How's Storm barehanded? I've read she's pretty deadly with a knife or dagger.
    I'm a doom fan myself but let's just say he don't want to go barehanded against storm because she is going to molly whop him. Also battles in general make no sense. Like Doom has armor on but Storm can attack internal body parts. What can armor do against a tornado starting up in your heart. On the flip side in hudlin BP we saw Storm basically be a damsel in distress while Doom had her hog tied. So in the end no battle matters.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

Number of People on my ignore list: 0