Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    When I saw what Brand did, I let out a real quick JFC. As others have pointed out not only is it an EASILY discovered bit of deceit from multiple angles, the cold callousness of it would seriously upset the following parties:

- Avengers
    - Alpha Flight
    - Storm
    - The Quiet Council
    - Hulking, Wiccan and pretty much the ENTIRE Skrull/Kree alliance

If any villain ever got their hands on this piece of information, they'd doom S.W.O.R.D. and Brand would wind up worse than Hill or Fury. Man, letting that many innocent and valiant people die just for political expediency is some Beast-level garbage. Doom and Storm's interaction was entertaining as I expected to be, and like someone mentioned earlier Doom is often right but he's like the worst tasting medicine imaginable. In time it'll be cool to see how this Mysterium stuff is resolved since White Hot Room material is just immediately bad-news******* stuff.
    It's not even that hard to find out they just gotta call (I think T'Challa is leader of the Avengers right now?) And be like yo Bro WTF? So the fact Abigail is putting all her eggs in this basket is funny she legit let the Skree Civilians die for this half-assed plan, on the hope that they might decide to "owe them one".

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed all the insinuations and subtle/unsubtle discussion between Storm and Doom, but ended up being on Doom's side by the end of it. I never would have thought I'd have sided with Victor over Ororo.

It really is getting a bit much with the Mutants telling everyone that they are so much better and superior. If she really is the regent/diplomat for Arrako and the Sol system, Storm needs to throttle that back a little.
    She was listening to him and then he came with his, "And after I have taught you... we will discuss how Arakko repays its debts...". He's really quite lucky a lightning bolt scare was all he got.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

Her terrible plan is two-fold: one, they don't ask anyone else for help or ask why none of their friends came to help, and two, that the help they give them will somehow outweigh that someone MURDERED THE MOTHER OF THE KING CONSORT. And also hoping that these two problems don't overlap, and, say, lead Teddy and Billy to talk to the Avengers about one and not bring up the other.

Oh, and third: this plan relies on SWORD actually being useful in the fight against Dormammu, who is the kind of threat that can curbstomp 99% of the Marvel universe. Anyone else remember that time he took over and petrified almost literally every hero? Even made a game of petrifying and unpetrifying the Hulk's head just to taunt him.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Her terrible plan is two-fold: one, they don't ask anyone else for help or ask why none of their friends came to help, and two, that the help they give them will somehow outweigh that someone MURDERED THE MOTHER OF THE KING CONSORT. And also hoping that these two problems don't overlap, and, say, lead Teddy and Billy to talk to the Avengers about one and not bring up the other.

Oh, and third: this plan relies on SWORD actually being useful in the fight against Dormammu, who is the kind of threat that can curbstomp 99% of the Marvel universe. Anyone else remember that time he took over and petrified almost literally every hero? Even made a game of petrifying and unpetrifying the Hulk's head just to taunt him.
    Usually when i think of Dormmamu as a threat i go back to that time he killed Eternity and took his powers...so yeah, Brand is overestimating just how much help SWORD can provide. Imean it should say something that Doom of all people is asking for help to tackle this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    She was listening to him and then he came with his, "And after I have taught you... we will discuss how Arakko repays its debts...". He's really quite lucky a lightning bolt scare was all he got.
    Yeah, but looking back on it, the moment he mentions the Whit Hot Room and how he also pull the same stunt but was more prepared for it because of the danger involved in the background you could see the storm clouds already gathering and really can it not be said his words got to her and she lash out where as he did not retaliate? I see it more like he still got one on her regardless but that may be just me.

From they way it looked he was ready to throw down with her but decided to just leave after her rebuttal that any problem that may come from this metal they would handle it without him...which usually ends in a situation where they don't it and need help or they do but a lot of people get hurt in the process. Either way i don't think Doom would just go into hostile territory, because any place that is not Latveria will be hostile towards him, and not be ready for a fight.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Usually when i think of Dormmamu as a threat i go back to that time he killed Eternity and took his powers...so yeah, Brand is overestimating just how much help SWORD can provide. Imean it should say something that Doom of all people is asking for help to tackle this problem.
    The Last Annihilation is going to work it's way through several comics isn't it? Doom was sort of drafted to be part of the Guardians of The Galaxy and he knew something was brewing that meant big trouble. Funny thing is Doom and Dormammu had an alliance Amazing Spider-Man annual 13 by Dennis O'Neil and Frank Miller. And I've not kept up with this but isn't Doctor Strange currently dead or M.I.A?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The Last Annihilation is going to work it's way through several comics isn't it? Doom was sort of drafted to be part of the Guardians of The Galaxy and he knew something was brewing that meant big trouble.
    Yes, in fact at the end of the issue they have a list like the ones in the other X books only for this event.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love that this issue shows how far SWORD and its cast are being removed from the concerns of Krakoa on Earth. As I said before when S01 dropped...I do love a good X-Men/Mutants in Space saga...and Ewing is really giving me what I want.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Planet Arakko, FOREVER!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yes, in fact at the end of the issue they have a list like the ones in the other X books only for this event.
    Thanks...didn't notice that. I do see that Guardians of the Galaxy is skipping a month there won't be an August issue.

Pffff people in the comment section acting like Storm should have listened to Doom the same guy who had mutant citizens in Doombots during the FF/XM crossover comic like a year or two ago come on now.

As for Brand I think its a smart move. There's no way that people would suspect that the mutants would cut off communication when literally Dormammu is rampaging on like 5 different planets. Even when they find out about Wanda you can't blame all of Krakoa for her death and Arrako doesn't even know who Wanda is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Sounds like it’s time to pair him up with Iceman and let the chaos ensue.
    You mean in hijinks right or……you know what, you probably mean both. It will be funny anyways, so alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Pffff people in the comment section acting like Storm should have listened to Doom the same guy who had mutant citizens in Doombots during the FF/XM crossover comic like a year or two ago come on now.

As for Brand I think its a smart move. There's no way that people would suspect that the mutants would cut off communication when literally Dormammu is rampaging on like 5 different planets. Even when they find out about Wanda you can't blame all of Krakoa for her death and Arrako doesn't even know who Wanda is.
    I seriously think Doom is hot for Storm. Anyone else who flexes at him like she does, he either smacks down or gives an ominous threat to. Storm's at the point where she's throwing lightning bolts at him every other time they meet, and he just pouts. There's just something about her that keeps him seeking her company.
    No longer 'Biden' our time, hur hur hur.

The shady stunt Brand pulled off in this issue has me thinking that her and Beast should give dating a second try. They’re a better match than they realize.
    Last edited by Dipter; 07-28-2021 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I seriously think Doom is hot for Storm. Anyone else who flexes at him like she does, he either smacks down or gives an ominous threat to. Storm's at the point where she's throwing lightning bolts at him every other time they meet, and he just pouts. There's just something about her that keeps him seeking her company.
    It's the thrill of not being able to control her. Doom is a narcissist and a control freak. So when he runs into Storm he is enthralled by the fact that she doesn't really pay him any mind while also not being controllable by him despite the level of power Doom has

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It's the thrill of not being able to control her. Doom is a narcissist and a control freak. So when he runs into Storm he is enthralled by the fact that she doesn't really pay him any mind while also not being controllable by him despite the level of power Doom has
    That's probably exactly it. Poor Vic, I don't think Storm enjoys bad boys very much as an option.
    No longer 'Biden' our time, hur hur hur.