Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Cable #12 - Spoiler/Review Thread - 'Cable...you're relieved of your duty.'

OG Cable is fighting Stryfe who has plans to burn Krakoa. Kid Cable and Cyclops attack Stryfe and are joined by Hope, Rachel, Jean, Domino, Esme and Deadpool. Esme attempts to use her TP on Stryfe and he shows his war with Cable. Kid Cable jumps in to stop him but is thrown. Esme admits that Scott suspected he was Stryfe so she was one of the telepaths tasked to monitor him.

The rest of the Summers family contiue to fight as they secure a demon altar. As Stryfe grabs Kid Cable in a TK hold, Jean blasts him with her TK. She and Esme then assault him with TP and shut down hsi powers. The two Cables then kill him

Kid Cable shares a final moment with Esme before leaving to go to the Moon. He has a tearful goodbye with his family. His final scene is with older Cable who tells him he changed the future for the better. He leaves him with the Light of Galador. OG Cable bodyslides to SWORD

Kid Cable is in the future and joins a war against tryfe. Later we see Paulie and that Morlock with their baby. They also have an addition and its a kid with a glowing eye

Good issue and I liked how Duggan wrapped up the series. It made no sense though that Cable wasnt mindwiped as him going back with the knowledge of everything is a big continuity error. He doesnt learn that Scott and Jean were his parents until he was an adult, not a teen. He had no relationship with any of the X-men until he time traveled as an adult and it doesnt make sense that he would fake all that. We know he didnt so Im surprised Duggan didnt clean this up
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-28-2021 at 10:30 AM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

So f***ing sick of Stryfe getting no love from his so-called family. Jean actually helped murder him? That's pretty vile. Vulcan can conquer half the galaxy and nearly get it fed to the cancerverse, but Stryfe is irredeemable and must be destroyed on sight because it's easier to kill your kid than it is to admit you played favorites.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Mighty Member

This issue was confusing as hell. So kid Cable is limbo into the future while old Cable is now back in the present?

Why does that mutant baby seems to be kid Cable again? It's so confusing.

What is Esme supposed to be doing here considering she is not telekinetic...and even directly states later in the issue that she wishes she had telekinesis

Last edited by Omega_DCD; 07-28-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Copy and paste fail

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    So f***ing sick of Stryfe getting no love from his so-called family. Jean actually helped murder him? That's pretty vile. Vulcan can conquer half the galaxy and nearly get it fed to the cancerverse, but Stryfe is irredeemable and must be destroyed on sight because it's easier to kill your kid than it is to admit you played favorites.
    That is because Stryfe is an evil clone, who became a boring character and Vulcan had a lot of potential.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That is because Stryfe is an evil clone, who became a boring character and Vulcan had a lot of potential.
    I'll admit he's 90's as hell, but the core of a good character is still there. I just don't think anyone's made the attempt since 1994. Now, he's just the edgelord with the spikey shoulderplates.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

What’s up with the baby in the last panel? I didn’t really understand that part!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Also, why was Emma Frost listed on the roster page?

Just for the mere mention that she was asked to watch Cable on suspicion he might be Stryfe?

Incredible Member

As I said in the Cable thread, this issue did answer one big question: Cable knows what's going on, possibly even about Moira, but maybe he doesn't know how it ends specifically. I will put my theory back here but updated to include posthumans:

"Cable is further from the future than Moira has ever seen, by at least two thousand years. And he lives in a future where the mutants have won, they control the globe and while there are posthumans - Helix - they are rebels who are continually defeated (X-Force Vol 2). The mutant overlords - the High Lords of New Canaan - also employ posthumans as slaved that they create in their Mechagenics Labs so their control over even them is absolute (Cable & Deadpool 42). I don't expect anybody except maybe some really continuity focused writers like Al Ewing to know about those details - but the point is they just reinforce what we know about Cable's future: the mutants have undisputedly won. When Cable first came back in time, he met Moira X and their minds linked. We know he read her mind, so what if he knows about her past nine lives and what they all read to. What if he also accidentally let her read his mind and his future is the only one she knows where mutants win and it is what she has been striving towards even though it is something Cable has always tried to change from something minor as raising Cannonball to survive to trying to kill Apocalypse. Now we've seen that one version of Esme survives long enough to have a happy life where she eventually reunites with Cable. I think that Cable will become instrumental in the days to come, perhaps not in Inferno, but whatever role he plays in Last Annihilation will either keep him away from Earth for the rest of the saga (to avoid dealing with questions about his future) or bring him back to give him a more pivotal role."

Plus we now know that was Kid Stryfe again. Or at least younger than the Stryfe we're usually used to given that he called Kid Cable a boy and Cable an old man.

This was a very satisfying wrap up to the story. My favorite page. cablefav.jpg

Is every psychic a member of the NRA? lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Is anyone able to translate the Krakoan on the last page?

I kind of feel like we'll never see that older version of Esme again.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was a very satisfying wrap up to the story. My favorite page. cablefav.jpg

Is every psychic a member of the NRA? lol
    Bro I was literally like… why the hell Rachel got that in her hands?

Could someone explain the scene with older Esme? I was a little confused about when it took place/ it’s implications on the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'll admit he's 90's as hell, but the core of a good character is still there. I just don't think anyone's made the attempt since 1994. Now, he's just the edgelord with the spikey shoulderplates.
    Stryfe predates the term "edgelord," I think, but if the word existed back in 1992 it would have applied to him there, too, in X-Cutioner's Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    What is Esme supposed to be doing here considering she is not telekinetic...and even directly states later in the issue that she wishes she had telekinesis

The only other thing I can think of, besides what you told me, i.e., she telepathically forced them to step back, is that Jean merged her mind and powers with Esme's, allowing her to use her TK. After all, isn't the pink power signature exclusively Jean's?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Good issue and I liked how Duggan wrapped up the series. It made no sense though that Cable wasnt mindwiped as him going back with the knowledge of everything is a big continuity error. He doesnt learn that Scott and Jean were his parents until he was an adult, not a teen. He had no relationship with any of the X-men until he time traveled as an adult and it doesnt make sense that he would fake all that. We know he didnt so Im surprised Duggan didnt clean this up
    Brisson's Teen Cable knew everything up till Phoenix Resurrection which in retrospect Liefield's Cable should've known that info too.
    Duggan ain't have to fix ****; time travel in comics just sucks.
    "Cable was right!"