Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL...did you not read my recap? There is one Cable around. Kid Cable went back to the future. We are left with the original in present day

Your recap wasn't very clear coz I was confused too.

So that baby is the future Stryfe?

Why did Marvel sent kid Cable ? Is it due to fan pressure? I liked kid Cable.

Ultimate Member

All of this leaving Alex to sit around at home wondering where everybody is

I never liked kid Cable, and am glad that he's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Your recap wasn't very clear coz I was confused too.

So that baby is the future Stryfe?

Why did Marvel sent kid Cable ? Is it due to fan pressure? I liked kid Cable.
    Why is baby stryfe living in the present?

Why old cable doesn’t want to be cured of his tech-virus affliction?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Why is baby stryfe living in the present?

Why old cable doesn’t want to be cured of his tech-virus affliction?
    Cable can't control his powers. Without the technovirus to keep them occupied, they'd keep growing and growing past his body's ability to endure them. Even with a healthier body, Stryfe is in constant danger of blowing himself up if he loses control of himself, which is why he's so dependent on mad science and time travel shenanigans when he's one of the strongest psionics to ever live. Blame that crazy Madelyn Prior DNA.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    All of this leaving Alex to sit around at home wondering where everybody is

I never liked kid Cable, and am glad that he's gone...
    By right, the real baby Cable born back in CC time should be kid Cable's age now and not old Cable's age.

Old Cable was not meant to be Scott's son at the beginning, it was a retcon.

I was glad kid Cable came and old Cable gone but they should have kept his powers, personality, and toughness of Old Cable in kid Cable instead of making him look weak.

Apologies, but though I enjoyed the conclusion, I would have found it more satisfying (personally) if Teen Cable had proven to be Teen Stryfe all along, and finally found the love and acceptance he so desperately craved from Scott and Jean etc.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Anyone else notice that Hope mimicked Rachel's TP here?

I don't think she is...there's no energy signature emanating from Hope, also Cyclops is communicating telepathically as well...I think they are just using the team's TP chat line

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Cable can't control his powers. Without the technovirus to keep them occupied, they'd keep growing and growing past his body's ability to endure them. Even with a healthier body, Stryfe is in constant danger of blowing himself up if he loses control of himself, which is why he's so dependent on mad science and time travel shenanigans when he's one of the strongest psionics to ever live. Blame that crazy Madelyn Prior DNA.
    That is true. His powers, when unencumbered by the T-O virus, basically cause his body to deteriorate as he uses them and also his mind. My theory is that this is part of why both Stryfe and Nate Grey went crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Apologies, but though I enjoyed the conclusion, I would have found it more satisfying (personally) if Teen Cable had proven to be Teen Stryfe all along, and finally found the love and acceptance he so desperately craved from Scott and Jean etc.

Oh well.
    I would’ve liked that idea too and it would explain why he doesn’t need to be mindwiped and why his personality is so different from Old Cable and previous depictions of younger Cable. I thought it was strange that they introduced the idea of Wi-fi being Stryfe in this issue only to be like, “Sike! Those were unfounded suspicions.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I would’ve liked that idea too and it would explain why he doesn’t need to be mindwiped and why his personality is so different from Old Cable and previous depictions of younger Cable. I thought it was strange that they introduced the idea of Wi-fi being Stryfe in this issue only to be like, “Sike! Those were unfounded suspicions.”
    Such is life in the X-fandom. Sometimes we come up with these theories and speculations and, in this case, HOPES, and they don't come to fruition. Se la vie. What could've been.

Yeah, those red herrings turning out to be false was — on the one hand fun because it toyed with your expectations — but on the other I could see how it could be frustrating. Especially because of the personality shift in WiFi from Brisson’s X-Force series to the Dawn of X era. He was like a totally different person! But, then again, the same could be said for a lot of characters.

Regardless, I liked how it ended and especially the twist with Esme. I love that adult Cable is living happily with her in some not-too-distant future, or at least I assume that’s where they are; and he just jumps back to the present day to keep fighting for that future. It’s a bit convoluted I suppose, and if you hate time travel you probably don’t appreciate it. But at this point time travel and the multiverse are so ingrained in both the comics and films it’s just become a staple part of these fictional universes. So you can try to ignore it, but it’s pretty prevalent. And with Kang now playing a big role in the MCU, I expect him and time-hopping to play a bigger role in the books too… hmm… Cable vs Kang, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    His daughter Hope's power is literally to stabilize mutations. Her power to manipulate other powers could have been used to help him

I am so pumped that my favorite is back and ready for duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Oh well.
    That would have indeed been a cool twist.

A couple of months ago I really wanted that to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I am so pumped that my favorite is back and ready for duty.
    I know, right? Can’t wait to see what’s next for him. Cable: Reloaded sounds like it’s going to be bananas and chock full of 90s absurdity, in the best possible way. At least from reading the comments from Al Ewing and Bob Quinn that I’ve seen. After that, though, we don’t have any info yet.

Personally I’d like to see him in space supporting Storm as Regent of Sol, maybe part of her inner circle. I can see that being a better role for him than running Security on The Peak (or The Keep) in SWORD. That would see him running around Planet Arakko (Mars), chasing down potential threats to her and to Krakoa in the cities and slums that have sprung up on the planet (particularly around the spaceport), and doing all kinds of dirty work. But also using his own space station, Graymalkin, to have adventures off planet. Facing new enemies and threats, both amongst the Arakki mutants as well as other alien species; and not to mention Orchis, Nimrod, etc., who could always show up there at some point (and likely will). Could be an awesome new era for Cable fighting to preserve Krakoan interests across Sol… and even beyond. I’m salivating at all the story potential.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-29-2021 at 09:20 AM.