Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default FF #34 / Bride of Doom, Final Chapter: The Sacred vow of Victor von Doom

At last we're done with this story. It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it might but it's still not something that many will remember in a year or so.

I think this final installment would have played out better if Slott had not infected Zora/Victorious with a some plot induced stupidity in the previous issue by having a brief liaison with Johnny just before her wedding. Her second act of stupidity was to announce the fact right in the middle of her wedding as it was being broadcast to the Latverian people and the world.

Never let it be said that Doom is media savvy because this time Slott has him put the whole broadcast on a 2 minute delay.
    Slott also trots out a Doom weapon of mass destruction called the Armagedron because you can't pass up an opportunity to include a weapon of mass destruction when you are visiting Latveria.. One would think Doom would come up with a name that wasn't so corny. But this is comics. As all Hell breaks loose around them and Namor finds the time to hit on Sue and once again she rejects him. A note Future FF writers. No....Just No

Johnny's fate has pretty much been spoiled already so there's not much to discuss here. But the chances of this being reversed at some point are pretty good. Maybe in time for next summer's "epic " from Slott. If he hasn't chances are good the next writer will take care of it. But Victorious's future is not as hopeful. Struck by PIS syndrome she has fallen from grace and will be nothing more than an obedient lackey to Doom. Doom covers his tracks when he make a live appearance to the masses and proclaims that the wedding was just a "necessary pretense" devised by Zora. I guess he still has some regard for her to concoct that. It actually allows both of them to save face. Speaking of which, Zora's now has to cover her face with a Doom mask. Is this the titled "Sacred Vow" ? I guess to Victor's POV, she has shamed herself and must not show her face anymore. So now she is trapped just as he is.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2021 at 08:43 PM. Reason: error in story title